Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought it was meant to represent this scene.

The-Dark-Knight-2.png

It was a cool idea that was REALLY poorly executed by hot toys. You're pretty much forced to either pose him in a wide stance, or have one of his feet dangling off the side of the base. If I didn't care about keeping my figures mint, I'd probably dremel off the damn rocks.

I agree. They should have made the rocks removable. Problem solved. I like the steps that come with the 1/6 version much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the dx12 base in 1/4 scale would have looked nice. **** it. I'm going to take the base apart and see if I can modify it. I'm tired of having him confined to a tiny corner of the base while the rest is 75% rocks...

Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

I'd love to see how it turns out. I gave up and gave the base to my Bumblebee figure.
7868b89f8ca4a696c82c70c6b2eb2c7d.jpg

I'm not a big transformers fan, but wow, that figure looks so amazing! The details and paint are ridiculous. And the base suits him perfectly :hi5:

I agree that it's tough to pose the 1/4 Batman on the limited real estate on the base. Plus the scale of the beams on 1/4 base more accurately fits a 1/6 scale Batman.

Arent they the same beams that were included with HT'S avengers hulk?

I think you're right. They've recycled this horrible base a couple times already...

Here are a few WIP pics of my modified QS1 base project. It has only been lightly primed/sanded and hasn't been painted yet. The resin I used to cast it keeps "sweating," so I have to wait until it's done breathing before it can get properly painted. You guys think I should go with black, gun-metal or silver?

Look at all this SPACE! :yess: No more splits or legs hanging off the base :lol
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think you're right. They've recycled this horrible base a couple times already...

Here are a few WIP pics of my modified QS1 base project. It has only been lightly primed/sanded and hasn't been painted yet. The resin I used to cast it keeps "sweating," so I have to wait until it's done breathing before it can get properly painted. You guys think I should go with black, gun-metal or silver?

Look at all this SPACE! :yess: No more splits or legs hanging off the base :lol
View attachment 224185

View attachment 224186

View attachment 224187

That is coming along nicely! I vote for gun-metal. I think it will provide that right amount of contrast with the figure.

^Thanks for your input, guys. Gun-metal it is! Still waiting for the resin to stop "sweating," though. Not sure why it's doing this, but it's almost like it's weeping oil. Really weird. Anyone else have this problem before?

^Thanks for your input, guys. Gun-metal it is! Still waiting for the resin to stop "sweating," though. Not sure why it's doing this, but it's almost like it's weeping oil. Really weird. Anyone else have this problem before?

How did it turn out?

^Still haven't painted it since it's STILL leaking oil... I'm going to try using spot filler to fill in the holes. Hopefully that'll fix it and then i can finally paint the damn thing. Lemme guess, you're searching for a flatter base for the QS005? :lol

Back