Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to throw all the 1/4 QS 001 head sculpts in the trash.

$3,000 pls?

And that's what I'm talking about it. The HT sculpt was good for all of about 2 months or less. There is no other HT line that is subject to this phenomenon.

On the contrary, sirs, I actually think this is a testament to how good the HT head is. Bottom line is: Adam's looks better in every way but one (that we know of): variety. More accurate cowl? Absolutely. Better Bale likeness? Debatable, but, from where I'm standing, yes. My point is that, before, it was never even a competition, really. His Jokers dwarfed their's 9 times out of 10. However, this one would actually leave me in a predicament, as far as display options go.

Pro:More Accurate Everything.

Cons:No movable eyes (that we know of); one fixed mouthpiece.

With Adam's, there is one great option, but, with HT's, there are several very, very good to great options.

That being said, if Adam does any of the stuff HT did (movable eyes, alternate mouthpieces, etc., etc.), then, I'd probably say there's a clear victor. As it stands, though; even though his HS would probably be affixed most of the time, I could see myself, personally, accepting the shortcomings of the HT cowl for the alternate options alone.

I already have the DX 12... Should I get this? I'm stunned by the pictures. Only bad part is no sideshow ex. :( How much should I pay too?

Wait for a better TDK suited Batman.

It's pretty much a every other year kinda deal. In the past 5 years we've had 4 TDK suits by Hot Toys.

Wait could be very long

That's what people thought when Hot Toys included this,

DSC07267.jpg

Then the DX line happened. I dunno, these past couple of years have been going pretty fast. Unless someone thinks a year or two is "long", there will be more before you know it. It gets even worse when you're older.

Iron Man and Batman is $$$ to Hot Toys. This isn't he last Bale.

DSC07267.jpg

Then the DX line happened. I dunno, these past couple of years have been going pretty fast. Unless someone thinks a year or two is "long", there will be more before you know it. It gets even worse when you're older.

I'm talking about 1/4 figure. I'm a huge fan of Nolan's trilogy and I prefer to collect 1/4 figures cause there are more details and better likeness. I own the EB Batman and Joker. For me the Hot Toys 1/4 is for now the best representation . I preordered it and it is my first hot toys figure. I'd have liked that EB had done a TDK / TDKR suit batman but they don't have in program for now.

I already have the DX 12... Should I get this? I'm stunned by the pictures. Only bad part is no sideshow ex. :( How much should I pay too?

I was in the same boat. I could not decide with pics and have to compare it to my DX12 in person. If you can find one at original retail you are doing good, they are creeping up already even at retailers like BBTS. My waitlist for the regular converted after a month and a half at SS, he will be here Friday.

I actually really like the hot toys sculpt. In its defence, it looks a lot nicer in hand than in imaresqd1's pics. No offence dude.

He won't take offense, he knows what he created.

On the contrary, sirs, I actually think this is a testament to how good the HT head is. Bottom line is: Adam's looks better in every way but one (that we know of): variety. More accurate cowl? Absolutely. Better Bale likeness? Debatable, but, from where I'm standing, yes. My point is that, before, it was never even a competition, really. His Jokers dwarfed their's 9 times out of 10. However, this one would actually leave me in a predicament, as far as display options go.

With Adam's, there is one great option, but, with HT's, there are several very, very good to great options.

:goodpost:

But if Adam sculpted for HT, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

DSC07267.jpg

It's gotta end at some point though, doesn't it?

I mean, for the first time in about a decade, we don't have a forthcoming Nolan Batman movie. As time passes, and Batman gets rebooted, the Nolan collectables are going to slow to a stop.

I mean, for the first time in about a decade, we don't have a forthcoming Nolan Batman movie. As time passes, and Batman gets rebooted, the Nolan collectables are going to slow to a stop.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does...may be the LAST Bale Batman for a long time. Unless they do a 1/4 BB Batman, don't see it happening. DX BB to fix the awful Toy Fairs version is a possibility- but another TDK suit Batman??? Very questionable.

He won't take offense, he knows what he created.

:goodpost:

But if Adam sculpted for HT, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I mean, for the first time in about a decade, we don't have a forthcoming Nolan Batman movie. As time passes, and Batman gets rebooted, the Nolan collectables are going to slow to a stop.

Yes it does...may be the LAST Bale Batman for a long time. Unless they do a 1/4 BB Batman, don't see it happening. DX BB to fix the awful Toy Fairs version is a possibility- but another TDK suit Batman??? Very questionable.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you!

Maybe when they lose the license.

TDKR didn't feature the Joker. The character has been off screen for 5 years now but we just got a new version . . . and they have plans for another version!

DX 01 and DX 02 was the only time I was legitimately surprised with a remake of an existing character. Now? I fully expect them annually. They remade several Iron Man figures, Celtic Predators, Batman, Joker, more Bale and more Ledger just seems logical until 2015.

Yes it does...may be the LAST Bale Batman for a long time. Unless they do a 1/4 BB Batman, don't see it happening. DX BB to fix the awful Toy Fairs version is a possibility- but another TDK suit Batman??? Very questionable.

I agree. I haven't been following Hot Toys for long. But I really think that this 1/4 Dark Knight Batman is the last of the Bale Batman figures. At least with the second Batman costume.

I do recall that they released Joker twice. I don't know why. And there were re-releases of the Tumbler and perhaps other things. But to make another 1/4 Batman? A remake of their first 1/4 scale and most expensive (I think) figure. That just seems strange to me.

At least Iron Man has all those costumes. The only thing they could do for a second version would be a broken cowl version. And now I wish I didn't think that because they just might...

You say that like it is a bad thing not have them. :lol

That being said, if Adam does any of the stuff HT did (movable eyes, alternate mouthpieces, etc., etc.), then, I'd probably say there's a clear victor. As it stands, though; even though his HS would probably be affixed most of the time, I could see myself, personally, accepting the shortcomings of the HT cowl for the alternate options alone.

The moveable eyes are what makes the cowl look like **** compared Adam's one. Adam's one looks like Bale wearing a cowl, whereas Hot Toys one looks like a bunch of parts put together like a jig saw puzzle. This is why EB Batman Begins one looks more realistic because it doesn't have moveable or sculpted eyes. I don't see the point of the TDK Bale having moveable eyes when you can't see his eyes in the movie anyway. I know moveable eyes is a fun feature for some to have but does the Bale cowl sculpt really need them?

Id be interested in getting the 1/4 bat by Adam, but as it seems right now, it seems like its a one off commission.

That said, i agree with what some have said, that the 1/4 bat head made by HT is good enough and that you are getting more than your moneys worth at 400-500 that these are going for.

Hypothetically speaking, had the head been offered by Adam, im pretty sure only a handful would be good enough. As some of the paintjob arent on par with HT's. That said, as this one will be painted by adam himself (im assuming) it will no doubt looks amazing.

Maybe when they lose the license.

TDKR didn't feature the Joker. The character has been off screen for 5 years now but we just got a new version . . . and they have plans for another version!

DX 01 and DX 02 was the only time I was legitimately surprised with a remake of an existing character. Now? I fully expect them annually. They remade several Iron Man figures, Celtic Predators, Batman, Joker, more Bale and more Ledger just seems logical until 2015.

What happens in 2015?

The moveable eyes are what makes the cowl look like **** compared Adam's one. Adam's one looks like Bale wearing a cowl, whereas Hot Toys one looks like a bunch of parts put together like a jig saw puzzle. This is why EB Batman Begins one looks more realistic because it doesn't have moveable or sculpted eyes. I don't see the point of the TDK Bale having moveable eyes when you can't see his eyes in the movie anyway. I know moveable eyes is a fun feature for some to have but does the Bale cowl sculpt really need them?

This is true. Not just because of the eyes, but also the face plates.

Somehow, the face plates on the Enterbay figure look perfect, but Hot Toys just can't seem to get face plates right.

Id be interested in getting the 1/4 bat by Adam, but as it seems right now, it seems like its a one off commission.

That said, i agree with what some have said, that the 1/4 bat head made by HT is good enough and that you are getting more than your moneys worth at 400-500 that these are going for.

Hypothetically speaking, had the head been offered by Adam, im pretty sure only a handful would be good enough. As some of the paintjob arent on par with HT's. That said, as this one will be painted by adam himself (im assuming) it will no doubt looks amazing.

Adam has been abundantly clear that he won't be casting heads anymore. Not sure why people keep talking about it.

This is true. Not just because of the eyes, but also the face plates.

Somehow, the face plates on the Enterbay figure look perfect, but Hot Toys just can't seem to get face plates right.

:exactly:

I don't mind the option of having different face plates as long as they fit right like EB Batman begins just like you said and thus, do not look like are separate pieces that are attached to the cowl.

:hi5:

Back