Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love everything about this figure. I posted my "hopes" for it in the teaser thread last year...

My hopes for this figure:
-Interchangable faces
-PERS
-Bruce Wayne head
-Empty cowl
-Backpack
-Metal accessories
-more accuracy than the DX 12
-LED lit sonar cowl

Of those, I think that well get the metal accessories, the Wayne head, the multiple faces, and the higher accuracy. I really, really hope that we get PERS and an empty cowl. I know that the others are long-shots, but if they're going to include things like the sticky bomb gun, it'd be cool if they just went all out and included his Hong Kong/final battle gear as well. If they really wanted to get ambitious, they could include another cowled head with the smashed in mask.

...and when I saw that they included pretty much everything on the list, I was understandably ecstatic, but I became more and more disheartened by the quality of it, as time went on, but seeing the final product, and how they addressed pretty much every criticism that was received, and did it in a manner that blew the quality out of the water, I don't know when, or how, but this thing is a grail for me, and I will own it, at some point. I'm still holding out for that EX. waitlist to convert, though.:pray:

FUPA = Fat Upper Pubic/P**is/Pu**y Area.

Oh ok cool thanks for the explanation!

Enterbay Bat has it, but mine doesn't (after mod).

"Paunch" is higher, and this figure has it.

Yes I know at first when I saw your video I was like I can't believe you are butchering such an expensive figure. However, I must admit you after your Mod the figure did look so much better. ;)

Here are a few pics sent to me from a friend and customer I make cakes for. Will be making him a wired and non wired cape for his soon. He plans to shorten the ankle joints to make them match a little better.

https://

That's a massive difference, never mind the size comparison to the EB begins one but is he really that much shorter than the EB Joker?

Looks more like the Enterbay is pushing 6'3" and the Hot Toys is a 5'9" guy. They're not even at the same eye level, not to mention the ears and neck. Height isn't the only thing either, the Enderbay looks like a bigger dude, head, shoulders arms and all.

The Endoskeleton is passable, it's a skeleton, but this? Eh, they look really awkward and unnatural next to each other. This is supposed to be a the same man in a different suit afterall. The Hot Toys one looks great, but the proportions and size of the Enterbay one look more anatomically correct and more human. Especially the torso and arms.

:goodpost:

Totally agree with everything you said.

HT has now twice failed to accurately scale their 1/4 products. It's a shame for those who want to display with other 1/4 figures. I wonder if they will correct future releases.

I think they are doing it deliberately, so we can't display our EB figures with their 1/4 scale ones, hoping to force us to buy their short 1/4 scale ones in the end.

Oh ok cool thanks for the explanation!

Yes I know at first when I saw your video I was like I can't believe you are butchering such an expensive figure. However, I must admit you after your Mod the figure did look so much better. ;)

That's a massive difference, never mind the size comparison to the EB begins one but is he really that much shorter than the EB Joker?

:goodpost:

Totally agree with everything you said.

I think they are doing it deliberately, so we can't display our EB figures with their 1/4 scale ones, hoping to force us to buy their short 1/4 scale ones in the end.

That was my thought, as well, and, honestly, I can't say it's bad business; it prevents people from buying into the competition if this is their first 1/4 scale figure.

That was my thought, as well, and, honestly, I can't say it's bad business; it prevents people from buying into the competition if this is their first 1/4 scale figure.

Yeah I just think it makes sense and maybe the fact that they make them smaller also makes the figure box smaller which cuts down shipping cost.

Then i look forward to HT 1/4 Begins and 1/4.....

JOKER

dun dun dun!

That does make me curious as to just how far they'll go with this. We know that Begins is on the way (providing it hasn't been scrapped), but it still begs the question: are there going to be villains/who? Joker's the obvious choice, but I wonder if they'd ever do Bane? I really can't see it going further than those two, though. As much as I love the characters, I don't see Dent, Scarecrow, or Catwoman really "fitting" in the scale, and, as for the other guy, we haven't even seen a 1/6th scale Ra's yet, let alone a 1/4 scale version.:lol I think they should do 4 figures max, and leave it at that, though, if we wound up with just this guy and Begins Batman, that'd be enough; hell, who am I kidding? If this guy was all they produced, that's more than enough, IMO.

Yeah I just think it makes sense and maybe the fact that they make them smaller also makes the figure box smaller which cuts down shipping cost.

The size difference is so minimal I don't think it will affect shipping costs or the size of the box at all.

I never thought of that; could be a possibility, I suppose.

I think HT has a good chance making better BB suit & great quality accessories than EB, but won't nail headsculpt as good as EB

I don't know; I'd say that these faceplates are just as good as EB's, if not better (4 faceplates means more room to screw up, and seeing as they nailed the likeness on all of them, I'd give them some props :lol), and their Wayne head is far superior, IMO. There were a few less than stellar shots, but, seeing it on video, they did a phenomenal job. I'd say they're very capable of making the definitive Begins figure, after seeing what they accomplished with TDK/R.

I wanna see the HT cowl on the EB figure. If it does not look ackward, the next challange will be putting the suit on the EB body. Then you will have both at the same size and no more complaints. I hope somebody will have enough funds to try it. :)

That size difference is ridiculous when displayed next to the EB figs. I've been on the fence about this one but I think that pic settles it as a pass for me.

That size difference is ridiculous when displayed next to the EB figs. I've been on the fence about this one but I think that pic settles it as a pass for me.

Shame really. Who says you have to pose them next to each other?
If you like the figure then buy it.

Back