Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now what i would like to see is somebody make a cowl that was attached to the neck post = no weird derpy chin thing going on. If the head was sculpted onto a neck with a slight downward look anyway id be happy losing all some head articulation

Yeah I agree I would be willing to sacrifice articulation for more accuracy.

The same can be said for the 1/4 version too in regards to the neck/cowl symptom. It looks horrible from the profile

Sure does, so you still going to keep the DX12, I remember you said u were thinking of getting rid of it and this figure would be replacing it?

I didn't say "never", did I? I only said it may or may not happen. And that's what's hard to risk, especially at the minds of new, less experienced collectors.

How long did it take them to remake Predators? 4, 6 years? Joker was remade 2.0 was announced more than 3 years after DX01. I'm not negating the point that remakes are impossible. I'm stating that it's still risky to wait for one as only HT would know if there'd be a remake. Just because they have re-made DX01, DX02, Iron Man Mark1, and Scar and City Hunter Pred can't make you feel confident that there'd be a remake of the much-coveted Blade -- one of the figures that a number of new collectors try to get even at $500.

No your right but don't take my post too literally, I was just saying well they will probably just re release the figures again anyway. The Joker 2.0 was really announced 3 years ago? :eek

I don't know if the neck is too long, it's more of the fact that the figure looks better once the neck is shortened

Oh ok, like more accurate?

There's a few members that have widened the cowl, putting bits of plastic or toothpicks up into the cowl near the jawline iirc. Another member said they heated up the whole head after taking the pers system out and widened it slightly.

That is a lot of work, would u be willing to do all that?

Sure does, so you still going to keep the DX12, I remember you said u were thinking of getting rid of it and this figure would be replacing it?

I was considering it but i may keep it and wait to see if they do anymore characters in 1/4

Most of my collection is 1/6 and i think it'd annoy me not having Batman in 1/6 to go with the rest of them

Maybe my mind will change one i have the 1/4 and can view my collection on the whole

Oh ok, like more accurate?

yeah sort of, i mean the neck must be in scale but it looks wrong, the joint into the body and the head are just too visual for me they aren't concealed very well. you can tell that's where the joints are

That is a lot of work, would u be willing to do all that?

Maybe, i'll have to see. My DX12 has a slight wonky eye so i've been considering getting a new head anyway, if i do i may use the current one to do the mods

No your right but don't take my post too literally, I was just saying well they will probably just re release the figures again anyway. The Joker 2.0 was really announced 3 years ago? :eek

It's all good, man. And no, not 3 years ago. Joker 2.0 was launched and went live for PO 3 years AFTER DX01.

Oh yeah I actually thought you said the reverse, sorry misread it.:slap

:)
Man, I'm shaking my head that Tony had to come out first. I was hoping that HT would give Spidey fans the incentive of being first this time as they have waited the longest among us for the figure, followed by QS001. But alas, Tony it is.

It shows that HT can really make a figure from proto to final product shipped out within 8 months -- Tony sporting a newly-developed base body at that. Also, I think more people complained regarding the faceplates of the QS001 protos compared to the number of those who complained about the likeness of the Armor Test's HS, and yet HT resculpted the Tony HS right away and have it previewed soon after. How long did we wait for HT to show us a sign of improvement for QS001? A YEAR!

Oh well, at least we can expect this big guy's final product photos hopefully within a couple of weeks.

:)
Man, I'm shaking my head that Tony had to come out first. I was hoping that HT would give Spidey fans the incentive of being first this time as they have waited the longest among us for the figure, followed by QS001. But alas, Tony it is.

It shows that HT can really make a figure from proto to final product shipped out within 8 months -- Tony sporting a newly-developed base body at that. Also, I think more people complained regarding the faceplates of the QS001 protos compared to the number of those who complained about the likeness of the Armor Test's HS, and yet HT resculpted the Tony HS right away and have it previewed soon after. How long did we wait for HT to show us a sign of improvement for QS001? A YEAR!

Oh well, at least we can expect this big guy's final product photos hopefully within a couple of weeks.

Well I am not shaking my head, when it comes to Iron man nothing Hot Toys do surprises me he gets top priority. I bet they didnt even fix the problems people had with the spidey suit. :(

Well I am not shaking my head, when it comes to Iron man nothing Hot Toys do surprises me he gets top priority. I bet they didnt even fix the problems people had with the spidey suit. :(

Yeah, from what I've read a lot felt disapointed, saying that it looks like it's not worth the long wait. The box looks bland as well.

Speaking of boxes, I love how beautiful the QS001 box looks! Not far from the simple yet elegant QS002 Terminator packaging. It would be great if HT makes that a pattern for their 1/4 figures :clap

this hobby is going crazy..some site and scalpers are selling the dx 12 for $449.99..this is nearly more expensive than the one fourth scale batman at $429.99..

I dont know what to say but i notice people buying as most of the time it says OUT OF STOCK

this hobby is going crazy..some site and scalpers are selling the dx 12 for $449.99..this is nearly more expensive than the one fourth scale batman at $429.99..

I dont know what to say but i notice people buying as most of the time it says OUT OF STOCK

Yeah, on EBay one 1/4 Batman sold for $630.00. If my waitlist converts then I'm going to sell one of them

Back