Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, is there still faith on this figure ????? :lol :rotfl

PERS = FAIL

IMO no even one single figure with PERS looks as accurate as figures with sculpted eyes..

So I decided not to buy this if it comes with PERS.. and just wait for Enterbay's TDK Batman.

Yeah that Dexter head sculpt is only 1/6th not 1/4 and is very realistic. Now people might say oh but this hand made figure so it doesn't count.

However, take an example of a mass produced figure like the MIB Will Smith. That likeness looks dead on IMO and that is only 1/6th scale. So yeah Hot Toys has no excuses for ruining the head sculpts of their figures except for gimmick reasons. :thud:

You didn't see the Batman on the same page?

PERS = FAIL

IMO no even one single figure with PERS looks as accurate as figures with sculpted eyes..

So I decided not to buy this if it comes with PERS.. and just wait for Enterbay's TDK Batman.

I don't think Enterbay has the 1/4 licence for TDK(R) do they?

whats wrong with this headsculpt? looks just like christian bale

christian-bale-wtf.gif

PERS = FAIL

Im sorry what? Are you forgetting Jack sparrow, Jack 89 Joker, Keaton bats?. The dx12 / 1/4scale Pers aren't the best but in no way does pers ruin every sculpt.

PERS = FAIL

I think some like Keaton 89 Batman, 89 Joker are accurate but the PERS makes the figure look like a toy because they look so plastic looking and fake but nevertheless, still accurate likeness for the figures I mentioned IMO. However, I will not buy this figure either if comes with PERS.

You didn't see the Batman on the same page?

Oops, the Dexter figure is so good I didn't take much notice to short rounds one, which I am proud to say I own the same sculpt by Elvis! :yess:

Just spoke to Kathy at SS on chat. They are still expecting him next month, no updates. I did ask her for a shipping estimate and she said they have no idea because of this being the first QS fig by HT. No idea about how big the box will be...

I don't think Enterbay has the 1/4 licence for TDK(R) do they?

Well they have the license for TDK.. hence I think they're able to make Batman with the TDK costum.

Im sorry what? Are you forgetting Jack sparrow, Jack 89 Joker, Keaton bats?. The dx12 / 1/4scale Pers aren't the best but in no way does pers ruin every sculpt.

I'm not forgetting any of those figures... they look good, but the eyes always looks kinda fake/too big compared to sculpted eyes... PERS failed already...

Well they have the license for TDK.. hence I think they're able to make Batman with the TDK costum.

I'm not forgetting any of those figures... they look good, but the eyes always looks kinda fake/too big compared to sculpted eyes... PERS failed already...

Oh right i figured with it being the Begins suit i never thought of TDK. My bad

I thought the point of a 1/6 articulated action figure was to be able to pose your figure how you see fit, you get the choice of being able to re-create any emotion you want, in comparison to a statue which is made as is.

With the pers you get more freedom to achieve things you wouldn't be able to with sculpted eyes, granted right now you take a little hit in the realness department but i can see why it's a good thing and it certainly isn't a fail.

You have to move forwards in development, it will only get better and i'm sure at some point you'll be praising it.

I thought the point of a 1/6 articulated action figure was to be able to pose your figure how you see fit, you get the choice of being able to re-create any emotion you want, in comparison to a statue which is made as is.

With the pers you get more freedom to achieve things you wouldn't be able to with sculpted eyes, granted right now you take a little hit in the realness department but i can see why it's a good thing and it certainly isn't a fail.

You have to move forwards in development, it will only get better and i'm sure at some point you'll be praising it.

Enterbay gave us the solution to the eyes articulation problem. Just cast 3 headsculpts and paint the eyes in 3 different positions, looking to the right, neutral, and looking to the left... and problem solved.

Enterbay gave us the solution to the eyes articulation problem. Just cast 3 headsculpts and paint the eyes in 3 different positions, looking to the right, neutral, and looking to the left... and problem solved.

Not really because the Enterbay Batman has no neck articulation.

TDK suit does, and you wouldn't be able to paint the eyes looking either left or right and up at you if his head was down and straight to either side like they are on the Enterbay.

If you had only the either side view you wouldn't be able to tilt his head down because his eye would also be looking down.

Just sayin' it ain't such a bad thing man, get over it

TDK suit does, and you wouldn't be able to paint the eyes looking either left or right and up at you if his head was down and straight to either side like they are on the Enterbay.

If you had only the either side view you wouldn't be able to tilt his head down because his eye would also be looking down.

Just sayin' it ain't such a bad thing man, get over it

Actually I couldn't care less about the neck articulation in the up, and down way... 99% of the time I pose figures on the neutral neck position... I only care for the right and left movement of the neck.... So I'm in favor of heahsculpts with sculpted neck included.... Figures with separate neck looks awful looking from the side.

I have the enter bay batman and yes it is very nice but A) there has been a lot of quality control issues with this figure mine has been fine but a lot of guys have posted problems with legs and just untidy finished products and B) for all the issues people have the pers system funny eyes or not, they do give you an opportunity to get different looks to your figure.

I for one are looking forward to this figure let's pass judgement when the figure finally comes out.

:lecture
Sorry but I prefer accuracy and realism rather than create different looks and having something that looks odd and toy like. I have nothing against non sculpted eyes as some my figures have glass eyes. However, PERS use plastic eyes and its so obvious they look too toy like and they can't get it to look right as they are always too big. You don't notice the large size as much on characters like Jack Sparrow and Keaton because they have large eyes in real life. That being said, you can't notice that the eyes are plastic on such small figures like 1/6th unless you get up real close. However, you will notice that the eyes are plastic at 1/4 scale and thus, the figure will look more like a toy rather than real person.

I agree with Tyranus7 PERS as it is right now is a fail.

Last edited:

:exactly:

:hi5:

Hmm... true but I am willing to sacrifice articulation for better likeness and realism. However, each to their own as there are two different type of collectors out. There ones that just want the character regardless of likeness or realism, they are just happy with the character, which are most Hot Toys collectors. The other collector which applies to me is the one where the likeness and realism and accuracy matters, they want something as accurate as possible. Neither collector is wrong, they just have different expectations.

Just saying' it ain't such a bad thing man, get over it

Most people here on this thread would disagree with you but most Hot Toys collectors wouldn't as just having the character is good enough whether it is accurate or not. As it is right now PERS IMO is a bad thing, not only because it ruins the look but it is also fragile and breaks easily. So in order for PERS to be a good thing you need to fix how fragile it is and prevent it from ruining the likeness IMO.

Last edited:
I have the enter bay batman and yes it is very nice but A) there has been a lot of quality control issues with this figure mine has been fine but a lot of guys have posted problems with legs and just untidy finished products and B) for all the issues people have the pers system funny eyes or not, they do give you an opportunity to get different looks to your figure.

I for one are looking forward to this figure let's pass judgement when the figure finally comes out.

Buying from Enterbay is a gamble due to their poor quality but end result is that the cowl has practically dead on likeness to Bale as Batman and can fool many people into thinking the it is the real Bale when you show people comparison pics. I think I am willing to take a risk of QC to get a more accurate head sculpt. If u can buy these at your LCS then that would be great because you could check out the figure before you buy it to avoid these issues. :wink1:

I only expect that this time HT makes a 100% accurate Bale mouth piece. I want to say: "yes this is Bale" as I do with my EB version.

Sorry but I prefer accuracy and realism rather than create different looks and having something that looks odd and toy like. I have nothing against non sculpted eyes as some my figures have glass eyes. However, PERS use plastic eyes and its so obvious they look too toy like and they can't get it to look right as they are always too big. You don't notice the large size as much on characters like Jack Sparrow and Keaton because they have large eyes in real life. That being said, you can't notice that the eyes are plastic on such small figures like 1/6th unless you get up real close. However, you will notice that the eyes are plastic at 1/4 scale and thus, the figure will look more like a toy rather than real person.

I agree with Tyranus7 PERS as it is right now is a fail.

Then maybe you should re-think about what kind of collectibles you collect!

It's obviously not a fail is it. You aren't collecting like for like museum pieces that are like thousands of pounds and are for the most part 100%, if you were then i could understand. your collecting a (expensive to some i know) pricey adult toy. That's all it is.

If you want 100% likeness then don't collect 1:6 posable action figure. You aren't buying a shrunken bruce wayne head your buying a 1:4 scale head with the likeness of him, not to mention that on the most part they are really good likeness too, hence the reason you all still buy them

I'm not saying that there are't things that could be better but lets be real here. Your paying for a 1:4 adult toy and that's what your getting, thats what they've always been. It cant possibly be a fail because it works in the manner it was intended

And before you say something about some figure that has sculpted eyes and that looks pretty much 100% accurate, EVERY figure looks like a toy in some shape or form. Look at Bane for example

If you really care about accuracy and realism over everything else, why aren't you collecting statues or busts? oh wait that's because nobody has done anything decent, so instead you have to mock a product that is completely fine for the purpose of why its being made.

If it was a statue that came with a pers system that made it look like a toy. Then i might agree with you

Last edited:
Then maybe you should re-think about what kind of collectibles you collect!

I am, if Hot Toys continues to produce likeness that is poor and not realistic (for some of their figures) I won't buying them. It's a shame because I like the character and I want the figure but if they can't produce accuracy or realism then I am not interested. I bought the DX12 but I used the Medix mod head for it. Now that is a $300 figure, you should not have to mod a $300 figure. Now this one by Hot Toys is 1/4 scale and roughly $500 if you count shipping. I won't be buying a $500 figure if I have to mod it, unless I absolutely love the character to death and have to have a perfect representation of it. :gah:

Back