Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got my two face from sunny studios today...im overall very impressed by the dent sculpt...but the shirt and tie are made from weird plasticy material. i suppose it might last longer or something as well as it being more resistant to smudging, etc. but it feels a bit cheap but looks just fine. another gripe i might have is that the joker heads are noticeably larger than two face. batman's head on tdk bats is also slightly larger. overall its a great figure and I actually like the hands they look very natural in hand but the thumb seam bothers me a little.

overall its great but the two face sculpt could have been a bit more accurate as people have said. its a bit disappointing. its a dead ringer for the concept art but not for the actual movie. i watched it on blu ray today and man i feel like ht could have really made it look great if they used the actual film version as the model.

While delaying Two-Face for major work would have been ideal, someone in America sculpted the damaged side, and without specifics on that arrangement, there's not telling just how much HT had control over on that side. Doesn't change the innaccurracies, but it may be more political than skill and effort.

Maybe I'm better off waiting for the Q2 run of this figure after all. Maybe HT will make some adjustments like they did with Sparrow v1.

HT didn't make adjustments on Sparrow though, just inconsistencies. Two face might come out a shade lighter or darker in places on a second run, but major stuff will not change, I've yet to see that happen with any of their stuff and not be a whole variant release.

HT didn't make adjustments on Sparrow though, just inconsistencies. Two face might come out a shade lighter or darker in places on a second run, but major stuff will not change, I've yet to see that happen with any of their stuff and not be a whole variant release.

I do think the later runs of Sparrow had his complexion noticeably lighter. Whether that was by decision or simply a change in plastic mix coloring, who knows? But I have noticed that second runs seem to have less problems (Alien's foot for example) and perhaps some preferred adjustments. Maybe it's just chance. Maybe it's nothing. But I've never heard a 2nd run figure was worse...but I have heard complaints about 1st run figs.

But you're right, I don't expect them to fix the tie or size of the head or anything like that. Maybe the paint work on the burned side will be better. Maybe. Maybe less 5 o'clock shadow. Maybe.

I'm a little disillusioned with the feedback I've been reading on this figure after such stellar results with the Batman figures and the Joker figures. Seems like HT kept the price point the same but cheaped out on the materials with this one -- that, and very few extras here considering it's a guy in a suit. Too bad this one isn't shining like the rest.

I'm even more aggravated after seeing the Apes price point, and what you get for $129...plus real hair.

Well, I hope to have mine soon enough to give my feedback. So far images have only impressed me more, he looks to have turned out as well as any HT release. I know there's dissappointment with the burn side, but we still got a production piece that's closer to accurrate than the proto was, even if it's still off, we got something better than expected. The Eckhard head seems the same in the end.

I'm kinda surprised by the reactions so far. I understand the tie being a letdown if it's like Joker v1's, but at the same time, my experience with "real" ties hasn't been the best so it's kinda lose lose to me in that regard, I've yet to encounter a good cloth one that doesn't puff up and look silly.

I'm kinda surprised by the reactions so far. I understand the tie being a letdown if it's like Joker v1's, but at the same time, my experience with "real" ties hasn't been the best so it's kinda lose lose to me in that regard, I've yet to encounter a good cloth one that doesn't puff up and look silly.

I'm surprised too. Maybe its just a case of high expectations.

So in that sense, even without change, maybe I'm better off waiting for my Two-Face until May/June.

Ugh! That seems so far away. Will I even care about TDK by then? :) With Predator and Ursus coming I think Harvey's luster may wear off some by "play-fun" comparison.

As for a good tie, surprisingly the ToyPresidents had really well made ties. Probably the best I've ever seen. Real knot too with full material, not that damn stretchy loop thing with a "tie" at the end.

the tie itself actually works well, its just the texture feels a little 'cheap', but thats just because of its plasticy feel, it actually seems practical in that it will last a bit longer. its much more rubbery than papery. same with the shirt. the burned jacket however is A plus i really like it.

the tie itself actually works well, its just the texture feels a little 'cheap', but thats just because of its plasticy feel, it actually seems practical in that it will last a bit longer. its much more rubbery than papery. same with the shirt. the burned jacket however is A plus i really like it.

I imagine the tie is the same material as Joker's... but the shirt is the same type synthetic material as well? That's odd. So I guess the water-treatment is out of the question for shaping.

im actually pretty impressed by the shirt. its a similar material to the tie (not like the joker's tie actually) but its folds and creases look very releastic, almost sculpted.

In regards to the american sculptor Maulfan, i dont think its the sculpt so much as the paint application that is the letdown, for me anyway. They could totally have kept the texture of the sculpt, but just patch up the black two tone more, and leave the rest burnt/crispy red

The problem with velcro, at least in Joker's case, for me is it's cheap and inneffective. If you're going to pose him once and leave him on the shelf for years at a time, it's probably ok, but if you do any fair ammount of posing, the vest fits so tight on him that any movement of the abdomen wants to tug on it and pry it apart. After my photo work, the velcro on mine hardly even sticks. I actually spen today removing it and adding snaps so it'll hold closed on the figure. Velcro's okay as long as it's strong and hidden, but it was neither on the Joker so it was a bit of a let down.

I spent a whiles removing the velcro and adding snaps, but they were too bulky and there was not much room for the waistcoat to stretch over them.

So I removed them and glued mine shut.

The tie feels weird but works and looks proper for this scale. It's thin and looks like silk like which is how most ties should look like.

The issue is other companies have released neck ties on figures worth far less money that are fully functioning, look like silk, and are actually soft and drape naturally. So there really is no excuse Hot Toys going cheap on this.

The problem with velcro, at least in Joker's case, for me is it's cheap and inneffective. If you're going to pose him once and leave him on the shelf for years at a time, it's probably ok, but if you do any fair ammount of posing, the vest fits so tight on him that any movement of the abdomen wants to tug on it and pry it apart. After my photo work, the velcro on mine hardly even sticks. I actually spen today removing it and adding snaps so it'll hold closed on the figure. Velcro's okay as long as it's strong and hidden, but it was neither on the Joker so it was a bit of a let down.

i used that sticky blue stuff to keep his collar, tie, and vest form fitting and together. so far it works pretty well.

What? Smurf spunk?

Hah... I've never seen a brit call bluetack by this.

product-5330046.jpg

That stuff leaves nasty marks when it's been on fabric for a while too!

Back