Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

• Total voters
No, you could say it's a completely new fig. Compare the pictures and see. The changes are huge. Plus most likely you wouldn't be able to get the first. Nor would you want to as it's not all that accurate. Compared to version 2 of Batman Begins.

A new face sculpt, softer cape. An overhaul on the suit. The previous didn't come with the Pneumatic Mangler or Bruce Wayne head.

369DSC_2570_3x4.jpg

The new suit also comes with two Batarangs, 3 pairs of hands and a Mini Mine.

369DSC_3060a_3x4.jpg

Ok, thank-you for clearing it up.

The old suit was tweaked and is better then the first one, basically?

And, then the TDK suit there is only one version?

:)

there's an alleged second batch which is slightly better than the first batch. I think you can say that that is a second version in a way.

It has smaller chest armor, better paint job, better head sculpt, etc.

But since I don't have one, I can't really tell whether it's just a rumor or it's a fact. But, judging from what I read in this forum, I must say that the differences are there however minute.

the sculpts are basically exactley the same, apart from the chest, which is not make a massive diffrence.
The paint app's may slight be didffrent but most cant even notice them.

It has smaller chest armor, better paint job, better head sculpt, etc.

But since I don't have one, I can't really tell whether it's just a rumor or it's a fact. But, judging from what I read in this forum, I must say that the differences are there however minute.

WTF?!! When was it established it had a better HEAD?!

Um... just my observation mac...
Saw a side-by-side comparison photo down in the toy-world forum and I'd say that they're pretty much different though slightly.

Ah, I see.

Thought I should clarify: my exclamation and capitals were just showing my surprise and shock that I thought this was proved. Was not meant to sound aggressive. :)

Yup, I agree that the Original looks better in many ways. Especially after I switched his belt with the Dark Knight version belt. It looks so much better!
Though I got it for $10 on ebay, I thought that it's quite expensive for a single belt, but after putting it on my OC figure, it looks a whole lot better. If you guys are not buying the Dark Knight version, I'd recommend at least buying its belt for your OC figure.

@Captain Britain,
here they are:

Base body difference:
5aos3.jpg

1st and 2nd batch difference (could be a hoax, but the writer said that he didn't do any custom work on either of them):
IMGP6031.jpg

BTW, the right one is the 1st batch and I just got word that it's been customized. The 2nd batch, which is the better one imo, is the one on the left.

PS: here's a link to a thread that reviews 2nd batch Batman DKC, they have nice pics in it too...
https://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9304&extra=page=1&page=1

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll have to pull mine out and see which one it is. It's pretty bulky, but I like that - it's almost stylised but very physically imposing.

I have the orginal suit Batman, the new suit hasn't arrived yet. Absolutely love the orginal figure.

I have him by Superman (V1) and Batman's size (muscularity) puts the man o steel to shame :lol

While I love them both, the TDK wins it for me. There's just so much beautiful detail on him. And I even like the short cape on him! If you tuck it under the shoulder pads it looks sleek and streamlined, like the TDK batman should look.

Design wise, I love the Begins suit more. But when it comes to the HT execution on the toys, TDK wins. Aside from the slightly bulkiness, it captures a lot more detail, very subtle shades of paint on all parts of the rubber suit (so don't rub the surface too hard, or the paint will get damage). Improved rubber material and ankle joints. Better Bale headsculpt too.

So TDK wins, as a toy.

Back