Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys TDK 1/6 Batman: Original vs. New Suit?

• Total voters
I have a suspicion the new suit is getting its recent votes based on 'I just got my figure and it rules' enthusiasm. Enthusiasm which I expect to have sometime this week.

I like the original suit better because it looks much less chaotic. However, I am looking forward to finally getting mine from Toy2 after looking at so many nice pictures of the TDK suit.

I'm on the fence. There are things I like about both and some things I don't like on either. I like the original's intimidating look, as someone said on another board -- it's "iconic, gothic and sinister." It's more animal-like, and the back neck area on the long cowl looks incredibly tough. He's actually wearing a cowl. What I don't like about it are the cape clips, the overall rubbery look of the suit, the immobility. It recalls the suits of the previous movies.
The DK suit is more modern, practical, tactical. He can move a lot more freely and the figure is also more poseable. But I really think the DK suit will remain specific to this film. The DK suit and cowl construction really point to a motorcycle outfit, and that's what he uses it for in the film. The new cowl functions like a helmet and the new armor is obviously inspired by motocross gear.
In many ways, the differences in the two suits remind me of the differences in the Michael Keaton outfit, although a lot less extreme back then, between the first and second Burton movies. The second suit was more practical, more modern, more like armor and less gothic. Coincidentally, in Batman Returns, the batmobile is also destroyed and Batman, like in TDK, is able to escape by way of a kind of bat-pod that breaks away from the batmobile.

I like the new one, because it looks much more interesting than the BB one. Though I want to get both.

i just got the new suit bats and its my fav hot toys figure so far...might change when i get bank robber joker though

I see the new suit did overtake the original suit. I definitely would still vote Original even if I had waited to vote till after I had both figures. I prefer both the original suit in the films and the original suit figure. I'm sure some of the late voters did wait and fairly came to the decision to vote new suit but I also think some late voters did so based on 'its so exciting having this new figure'.

It sure is a tough one, I use to hate the short cape so much. Now I love it since I had seen Maul's pics and certain others.

Yet the original is so sleek. So hard to choose, I love both equally but it was the techno look that won it for me. The leg detail is really something on that mesh.

How many versions of Batman did Hot Toys do?

Is the original costume the same as the Batman Begins figure they did? Just re-released under TDK?

I'm new at this and am seriously considering getting into this line. I just wanna find out where to start and what is available....

thanks.

So, the re-release is the same as the original release with some changes?

Back