Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered IG-11 from Sideshow this past June (right after he was released in Hong Kong), and I didn't get him until the middle of September. Based on that timing, I think it's unlikely you'll get Rex before the end of the year if you pre-ordered now.
That's what I figured, as unlikely as it is, I'm hoping he comes in stock and ready to ship on sideshow by the end of the month. I get a Hot Toys figure for Christmas each year and this year its between Rex or the Deluxe edition 501st Trooper.

That's what I figured, as unlikely as it is, I'm hoping he comes in stock and ready to ship on sideshow by the end of the month. I get a Hot Toys figure for Christmas each year and this year its between Rex or the Deluxe edition 501st Trooper.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'd rather get Rex for Christmas than a random trooper.

I pre-ordered IG-11 from Sideshow this past June (right after he was released in Hong Kong), and I didn't get him until the middle of September. Based on that timing, I think it's unlikely you'll get Rex before the end of the year if you pre-ordered now.

Agreed. Especially with how in-demand he is at the moment.

However, Sideshow might receive a huge shipment in the next month or so, I'm sure they'd like to have Rex "In-Stock" around the holiday season. Depends on Hot Toysv and the ports.

I think you were referring to Rebel Troopers and not Clones, and I agree, the necessity of a headsculpt and a lot more complicated tailoring involved for something like the Hoth Trooper or Endor Commando means it's not likely Hot Toys will attempt them.

Along with not requiring headsculpts and using a lot of plastic parts, they also seem to intentionally keep troopers priced lower with the assumption that a fair number of people will buy at least two. It would be harder to sell Rebel Troopers as army builders without requiring at least a few different diverse head sculpts.

And they know armored troopers are popular enough with broad market appeal to make producing a large quantity a safe bet. They may not want to take the risk of producing something like most Rebel Troopers, which are just humanoids in clothes with a helmet.

The only one I could see happening realistically would be the Hoth Trooper since that could technically be done without a full sculpt with goggles and scarves and face wraps. But that's still unlikely.

I would be okay if Hot Toys or Sideshow wanted to offer something like a Star Wars uniform pack which people can put on any 1/6 figure of their choosing. Rebel Fleet Trooper, Hoth Trooper, Endor Commander, various officers. Even Imperials like the Death Star Trooper or AT-ST Driver.
In my original post, yes I did mean human rebel troopers. I think the uniform pack is a great idea but HT arent really into great ideas.

Attachments

• 40435011-025E-4DFC-AAC1-139117EA8E67.jpeg
    40435011-025E-4DFC-AAC1-139117EA8E67.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 32FCE50C-8473-49D6-BA01-5F95E878D24F.jpeg
    32FCE50C-8473-49D6-BA01-5F95E878D24F.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 27
  • B86E6C3D-0815-4FB2-94C5-98121B788DA8.jpeg
    B86E6C3D-0815-4FB2-94C5-98121B788DA8.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 29
I don't want to wait too long on Rex though, I don't want to risk the 501st deluxe edition selling out and ending up with neither for Christmas lol.

I don't want to wait too long on Rex though, I don't want to risk the 501st deluxe edition selling out and ending up with neither for Christmas lol.
TBA have it in stock and it’s slightly discounted. Don’t quote me or take this as gospel or sue me, but you will have it before christmas.

Okay as promised (but belated) are some Rex pics. He is amazing, probably the best weathering I’ve ever seen so far on a trooper. There’s a faint green tint to the white around his legs showing how worn the armor plates are. The helmet is incredible in person, every perfect detail. The headsculpt is really good and typical high quality of Hot Toys. I’d say the likeness is there for TM and the clones, for Rex it’s essentially almost there but maybe because we haven’t seen a live action Rex it feels weird. If he was the only clone I could have in my collection, I could die happy, he’s that satisfying to hold and appreciate.
D0B35EC4-D130-476D-A6D0-638536FBEB0D.jpeg
C2877022-B18B-49DB-8A15-A70630A8AC53.jpeg
CF714E4C-26F1-4CF5-A70E-2F512B1E4CAC.jpeg
A936F698-3DEF-4782-B853-0538200051E5.jpeg
A56866A2-05D0-4313-94DB-5B85CF12B073.jpeg
6C7B14A0-466E-466D-91A5-420DBA7A7E8A.jpeg
8105A906-ACFB-4116-9227-EA62862F4FDE.jpeg

My only real gripe is that the holsters aren't bolted to the Kama like on the SS versions so the are free to flop around. I am guessing some doubles sided material tape could solve that problem.

Thanks for the picus @DakRen

That’s my plan, double sided tape that is

Same, don't like that either as well. Will be doing the same as both of you. I hope they make the appropriate Live Action changes (karma, pauldron) going forward on future clones with both accessories. They should attach to the crotch of the clones, but in TCW they didn't animate those extra straps to the crotch.

Weird you can’t post a pic without saying something so … a bit of a kitchen sink photo but I still forgot the helmet torch. All of the connections are nice and tight but easily to manipulate, the PERS tool is genius, have they done that before? Agree re double sided tape on the holsters. Otherwise a perfect figure.

Attachments

• 769073DC-9654-4E78-A4F5-6F29E8EC1E1C.jpeg
    769073DC-9654-4E78-A4F5-6F29E8EC1E1C.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg

Hey all--just arrived at the door, fresh out of the box with a quick setup! Some quick notes: he's really stable standing without a stand, and all his gear and markings on his helmet and arms are top-notch! I agree with everyone else here that the pers helmet accessory is pretty genius. If you are on the fence about Rex- don't wait just get him!

Last edited:
Where did you get that Kix??? That is awesome!!
Those all started as stock 501st troopers. Waiting on Rex to ship before I finish the weathering on the rest of the crew.

I was going to start on a Jesse next, but with the ARC version now ordered I might skip it.

Last edited:
Back