Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like a really popular figure. Surely Ahsoka is now a given.

I wonder if they will go further and give us figures from the earlier seasons like Ventress, Bane and Wolfe.

I don?t know, the helmet design just isn?t doing it for me. I know Hot Toys is trying to do a more realistic take on the Phase I/II hybrid, but like Sideshow and Hasbro before them, they didn?t quite stick the landing. I found this design on Etsy and I think it?s a much better realistic take.
0ef8dc0c0e8d04906fb5666106bd7ade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like a really popular figure. Surely Ahsoka is now a given.

I wonder if they will go further and give us figures from the earlier seasons like Ventress, Bane and Wolfe.

Ventress would be a pleasant surprise ...but not sure about they’re going to do the HS for her though

I don?t know, the helmet design just isn?t doing it for me. I know Hot Toys is trying to do a more realistic take on the Phase I/II hybrid, but like Sideshow and Hasbro before them, they didn?t quite stick the landing.

It's a stock phase 2 helmet mashed with a stock phase 1 face plate. I don't think there's much room for interpretation.

I don?t know, the helmet design just isn?t doing it for me. I know Hot Toys is trying to do a more realistic take on the Phase I/II hybrid, but like Sideshow and Hasbro before them, they didn?t quite stick the landing. I found this design on Etsy and I think it?s a much better realistic take.

That is a pretty good looking sculpt.

The Hot Toys one is pretty decent too. I think the problem with it is that the top-middle fin is too high. And the welding marks are too pronounced/raised too high, which makes it really jarring. If both were lowered, I think it will look good.

Like 60% of this figure is reused parts. The only new pieces are:

the helmet,
chest armor
modified headsculpt
gun holsters
the pauldron
visor
and the little flashlight thingy

Everything else was ready to go. Keep in mind (aside from the hair on the modded sculpt) those new parts could all be done with 3D models. The question we have to ask is, what is being hand sculpted? Because that is where they are choosing to invest their time and resources. Baby Yoda, thats where their attention is. What was the last new star wars face we saw from them? Rey or Kylo (is kylo new or reused?) Theres been a ton of new figures but not new headsculpts. I think from HT perspective the initial appeal of this license was being able to reuse parts they already had. Not sure theres intention beyond that. The next figures in this line will show their level of commitment. If its just more clones then we can guess they'll be mainly focused on PT/Mandalorian and will treat Clone Wars as just gravy for them. If the early figures sell well we can show HT its worth while to dig into this franchise.

That makes sense especially with the current rule of Mandos not taking their masks off. Though if she does remove it she looks close enough to her character already.

Has that been specifically confirmed for all Mandalorians or just the tribe we saw in the show though?

Seems to be just the tribe in the show.

The answer is complicated. It has been inferred that the reason that the Mandalorians keep their helmets on to hide their numbers is a direct side-effect of The Empire's occupation and near decimation of Mandalore. We've only come across this one tribe that seemed to be made up of leftover Mandos trying to hold it altogether. We haven't come across any other tribe. I would imagine that Bo-Katan would be in flashback sequences to explain how Moff Gideon got the Darksaber I doubt she will be in "real time" so I'm not sure we'll be answered if it's widespread even with that addition.

The answer is complicated. It has been inferred that the reason that the Mandalorians keep their helmets on to hide their numbers is a direct side-effect of The Empire's occupation and near decimation of Mandalore. We've only come across this one tribe that seemed to be made up of leftover Mandos trying to hold it altogether. We haven't come across any other tribe. I would imagine that Bo-Katan would be in flashback sequences to explain how Moff Gideon got the Darksaber I doubt she will be in "real time" so I'm not sure we'll be answered if it's widespread even with that addition.

I think its from before that, didn't he tell the widowed woman at the village that he hasn't taken his helmet off in front of people since he was a child, which would be during the Clone Wars? When we see Bo Kotan and Ursa Wren without their helments during the Siege of Mandalore and plenty of Mandalorians helmet-less during Rebels. I may be wrong here though, haven't done a rewatch of Mandalorian yet.

Not to mention we see Sabine with her helmet off during the epilogue of the Rebels series finale, which takes place after the Battle of Endor.

Think it might just be the clan/tribe he was raised in. Will definitely be something that will be touched upon in future episodes and seasons.

I don't watch The Clone Wars, so can anyone tell me what all the tally notches all over Rex's armor represents? Please don't say its the number of battle droids he blew up 'cause that would be the dumbest thing ever to keep track of. That entire droid army is useless. Didn't Qui Gon and Obi-Wan kill like 2000 of them within 5 minutes of arriving on Naboo? Hell Jar Jar killed an entire legion of them using his blue balls and an 8-year-old wearing a child-sized flight helmet blew up their entire command centre using a spinning trick.

I always thought the tally marks were brothers he lost. Men who served under his command that would most likely be forgotten by the Jedi and the republic so it?s his duty to remember and honor them by carrying their mark into his next mission.

I think its from before that, didn't he tell the widowed woman at the village that he hasn't taken his helmet off in front of people since he was a child, which would be during the Clone Wars? When we see Bo Kotan and Ursa Wren without their helments during the Siege of Mandalore and plenty of Mandalorians helmet-less during Rebels. I may be wrong here though, haven't done a rewatch of Mandalorian yet.

Not to mention we see Sabine with her helmet off during the epilogue of the Rebels series finale, which takes place after the Battle of Endor.

Think it might just be the clan/tribe he was raised in. Will definitely be something that will be touched upon in future episodes and seasons.

He said since he took the creed - which could be becoming an adult warrior? Like a Palawan being knighted?

Seeing that filoni is involved with both I hope a good explanation is going to be forthcoming

I’m still not sure if HT is going to go as hog wild on the clone armor variants as Sideshow did with figures like Gree, Bacara, Neyo, 501st, Shocktrooper, not to mention the Republic clones. That said, while I am going to hold onto most of the SS clones, I may sell a few that are commanding higher prices on eBay and really aren’t that essential to me. I didn’t really follow the Clone Wars series so I have no idea what other trooper designs may be likely. However, I wonder if HT will also be producing more characters. Other than Ashoka, I’d like to see Savage Opress and Asajj Ventress. I don’t know if Aayla Secura and Shaak-Ti were featured in the series, but those would also be great.

I’m still not sure if HT is going to go as hog wild on the clone armor variants as Sideshow did with figures like Gree, Bacara, Neyo, 501st, Shocktrooper, not to mention the Republic clones. That said, while I am going to hold onto most of the SS clones, I may sell a few that are commanding higher prices on eBay and really aren’t that essential to me. I didn’t really follow the Clone Wars series so I have no idea what other trooper designs may be likely. However, I wonder if HT will also be producing more characters. Other than Ashoka, I’d like to see Savage Opress and Asajj Ventress. I don’t know if Aayla Secura and Shaak-Ti were featured in the series, but those would also be great.

Oh, trust me, they will go b**s deep with the clones. With every trooper mold they make, they can sell 10 different variants with similar to same accessories. If Cody didn't sell well they'd never throw Rex up for pre order. I just hope Hot Toys will do the clones Sideshow never did like 41st scout, galactic marine, AT-TE/RT driver or new Bacara.

Sideshow fell into a seemingly never ending clone variant spiral. With Rex doing so well, I imagine HT will be making clones their new Iron Man.

Back