1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cost is high when tax and shipping is added
I'm taxed $19.87 and $26.84 for shipping and I live in California
This is my first order from Sideshow.com. and since all online stores offer free shipping or low shipping costs, I always assumed shipping was free or low at Sideshow.com
So, my only issue is the shipping costs and my figure has not shipped yet, says Nov-Dec2019. So, maybe Dec, kinda getting annoyed.

But I wish spacesuit Stan Lee wasn't a Sideshow.com Exclusive cause all my previous HT and Sideshow figures I been able to get below retail, around 20% saved shipped.

I feel ya, I groan every time I see SS Exclusive...cause to me that just means I'm gonna pay $20-30 more. :gah:

Whats the deal with the warning regarding the glasses can affect the paint app. I own several hottoys with glasses suck as the older Stan Lee & Hawkeye but this is the first time I notice this warning. Is there best practice for this?

Whats the deal with the warning regarding the glasses can affect the paint app. I own several hottoys with glasses suck as the older Stan Lee & Hawkeye but this is the first time I notice this warning. Is there best practice for this?

They probably mean be careful taking them on and off so you don’t scratch the surface.

Got my Stan in a couple days ago. Such a cool costume and really stands out in the collection. However, I could have done without the giant packaging, background, and rock base. I spent a few minutes trying to get his legs bent to sit him on the rock but eventually gave up. Not sure I would feel comfortable leaving the outfit like that long-term even if I did manage it. Luckily I have a spare Vol. 2 Star-Lord stand that will work nicely.

053d7960f54f1e0efacc14866381f45a.jpg
IG: brettbanner_snaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well made it a full payment today instead of Tuesday. And was told there was a delay getting him so dont know when I will be charged and shipped yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Waitlist converted. I was about to order it, but ... do you feel ok, Sideshow? $90 shipping to EU!

"The costs provided for International shipments are actually at a discounted price compared to what DHL would normally charge for shipping." Yeah, sure, LOL.

Waitlist converted. I was about to order it, but ... do you feel ok, Sideshow? $90 shipping to EU!

"The costs provided for International shipments are actually at a discounted price compared to what DHL would normally charge for shipping." Yeah, sure, LOL.

They still have it at KGHobby. I was on the waitlist at SSC and it converted but I ordered from KGHobby instead, for me at least it is always cheaper. With the added possibility of escaping customs fees - virtually assured to happen when ordering from Sideshow - the deal gets even better.

So question to the folks who regularly order from SS...how many times can you postpone a payment before you get "blacklisted" or something...or does SS not do that?

I was supposed to pay Stan off last November, but decided to push him off since I had a good amount arriving that month. December is ending up to be a bit pricier than I had initially anticipated so I'm contemplating doing one more push (or maybe not), but was wondering what the general rule is with postponing more than once?

So question to the folks who regularly order from SS...how many times can you postpone a payment before you get "blacklisted" or something...or does SS not do that?

I was supposed to pay Stan off last November, but decided to push him off since I had a good amount arriving that month. December is ending up to be a bit pricier than I had initially anticipated so I'm contemplating doing one more push (or maybe not), but was wondering what the general rule is with postponing more than once?
Just give them a call and ask.
they will tell you what you can and can’t do.
It’s just a nice courtesy.

You can internally mess with every order under it's respective page you'd like so long as it isn't your first payment.

For example, I had some PO figs that were arriving soon vs some who I wouldn't see for a long while. I'd postpone the ones that have released and do multiple payments on the ones that released in HK since I knew they would arrive with SS sooner. I had a month with other expenses and just pushed everything forward a bit. There's no problem with doing it so long as it lets you. It'll explicitly say if you can no longer modify the order. I want to say it's 2 postpones for sure, maybe 3 depending on how long the order has been active vs item arrival. But you also can declare a PO item as pay remainder on arrival, which pulls it from flex pay and just has you pay the remainder plus shipping on the day of release.

Each item can be modified multiple times. Im not sure the limit for each item, but Ive managed to push payments back twice on some items. Just go to their website, click on orders, click modify order on the one you want to mess with. You can choose to skip the next payment or modify the date payment is drawn. At some point, it will tell you this order can no longer be modified, meaning youve changed it the maximum allowable times. You wont get blacklisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back