1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
68mm wide
60mm high
5mm high lip at the bottom
which is 57mm wide

there you go!!

Thanks a lot!
I have been searching non stop for a 70mm, clear, hollow, single-piece sphere all day yesterday, but i can't find anything that suits.
One-piece spheres tend to have non-uniform wall sizes, leading to a lot of distortion.
Even one with an opening of a smaller size would do, because i could open it up further. And it wouldn't have the lip, but getting something 100% exact is very unlikely.
I haven't found anything so far.
But i am still searching.
My waitlist only converted yesterday, so i do have a reason to keep looking, lol.

Got the smaller display stand setup on the wall mount. I think this’ll be how I leave him for a while.

BC6C3CBE-24CE-45BF-BC50-2B971E8AE86D.jpeg

Got mine the other day. He's such an excellent figure. He makes me smile and I just love having him in my collection. I wish I could display him sitting, but it feels like the tunic-part of the space suit would get wrinkled all to hell if I do that. Hmmm.

As always, I understand the warning about the glasses on the figure's portrait. But realistically... this is Stan! He HAS to have his glasses. So I was going to look up if there's something that can be done about that to protect the figure's sculpt.

PS - so happy the paint job on the early figure's hair with the obvious seam didn't end up on mine.

Enlight94.jpg
Enlight93.jpg

My final payment coming up and I'll be receiving him soon...kinda absurd that shipping will cost $25. This will be the last time I order from SS. :yess:

My final payment coming up and I'll be receiving him soon...kinda absurd that shipping will cost $25. This will be the last time I order from SS. :yess:

It's a pretty large box that Stan comes in. More than double width of a standard MMS box. Might be the reason for a little saltier shipping, although it's all pretty salty at this point. I haven't opened him yet, but excited to see him front and center on the shelf...

I'm in Cali, not sure if you are, but I have to add tax to my order as well. After the Mark VII and 85 I'm done with SS. I only ordered those guys through them because I had a few reward points and a couple of coupons which basically worked out to free shipping. I will say their customer service is great at fixing my issues.

It's a pretty large box that Stan comes in. More than double width of a standard MMS box. Might be the reason for a little saltier shipping, although it's all pretty salty at this point. I haven't opened him yet, but excited to see him front and center on the shelf...

I'm in Cali, not sure if you are, but I have to add tax to my order as well. After the Mark VII and 85 I'm done with SS. I only ordered those guys through them because I had a few reward points and a couple of coupons which basically worked out to free shipping. I will say their customer service is great at fixing my issues.

Yeah, I'm aware the box for this one is quite larger than the conventional HT...however I received IW Thanos for about $10-12 shipping (I don't recall the exact amount), but to me that was a fairly reasonable price given how large that box was.

And yeah...the stories I've heard from Cali residents shopping at SS seems like a nightmare pricing-wise with the shipping AND tax! Can't imagine how you peeps do it!

Finally got a chance to unbox mine this weekend (with several other figures). Amazing figure. Happy to have it in the collection.

Yeah, I'm aware the box for this one is quite larger than the conventional HT...however I received IW Thanos for about $10-12 shipping (I don't recall the exact amount), but to me that was a fairly reasonable price given how large that box was.

And yeah...the stories I've heard from Cali residents shopping at SS seems like a nightmare pricing-wise with the shipping AND tax! Can't imagine how you peeps do it!

I would say 90% of my figures from SSC have been in the $10-$13 range for shipping but this one is $21. I can live with that because it's basically a double sized box. I am very nervous about what the price for Ecto-1 will be for shipping as that box is a little bit smaller than a refrigerator

Just put this guy up and really dig it! It's a super fun piece and makes sense as a center piece to the Marvel 1/6 collection. So glad I impulse bought him!

the cost is high when tax and shipping is added
I'm taxed $19.87 and $26.84 for shipping and I live in California
This is my first order from Sideshow.com. and since all online stores offer free shipping or low shipping costs, I always assumed shipping was free or low at Sideshow.com
So, my only issue is the shipping costs and my figure has not shipped yet, says Nov-Dec2019. So, maybe Dec, kinda getting annoyed.

But I wish spacesuit Stan Lee wasn't a Sideshow.com Exclusive cause all my previous HT and Sideshow figures I been able to get below retail, around 20% saved shipped.

Back