1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stan looks great
8D6CFC18-6448-4A61-A84B-536B47611FB3.jpeg14A65090-0A13-4A6B-ADA4-880C9E3E6043.jpeg734FB25C-498B-4159-9BD3-93C8CBB48915.jpeg

I think many of us are hopeful someone will offer one, Bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I get my Stan Lee, I plan to get a hollow plastic or acrylic sphere or ornament to replace the dome

the dome is 2 3/4 inch at the widest and coverts to 69.85mm or even 70mm

get a clear ball, then drill out opening size, then make the lip rim using clear plastic sheets. And if needed polish the dome for clear shine

it doesnt bother me if i look at it head on but from a 3/4 perspective or a top down perspective it very noticeable.

Another solution for the dome (though it wouldn’t be “screen accurate”) is to paint one half of it to match the suit — then it would be more like the space helmets worn by NASA in the 60s.

at its widest, it’s 2 3/4
height is 2 3/8
3/16th lip at the bottom which is 2 3/8 wide.
View attachment 468674

Thanks for the info.
Do you have a ruler with mm grading on it?
I converted it and it seems to be 70mm wide(and so probably 70mm in diameter).
It’s easy to get those Christmas tree two part spheres(which solves nothing, lol), but a bit harder to get one piece hollow spheres that size.
I am searching though.
The good thing about picking up some of the two part spheres is that it would allow for some modding.
like was mentioned above. Painting different colours, adding a visor, or other cool mods that a space suited figure is crying out for.
if you can confirm the mm measurement of the width being 70mm(And a mm measurement of the opening), I might pick some up and do some modding right away.

Back