Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk what's funny about people wanting to get paid for hours/days/weeks worth of work.
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the cost of customs either, but as a self-employed person, I completely understand wanting to get paid for all the hours you work. Ppl on salary who get paid their regular/same wage no matter if they actually only work 3hrs or full 8hr day don't really seem to understand that a lot of the time from what I can tell.
OT customs sewed the masked sculpt completely to the body. He's offering it as a service if anyone is interested it looks even better imo but this means you won't be using the Tobey sculpt.
that guy has a ridiculous backlog yet has time to not only mod this figure but now also offer the mod as a service :LOL: :slap

Last edited:
Ah my bad, I thought you had to have the figure already which already about $300, then had to send it to him to get further work done on top which adds another $588. Either way, it's not cheap :/

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the cost of customs either, but as a self-employed person, I completely understand wanting to get paid for all the hours you work. Ppl on salary who get paid their regular/same wage no matter if they actually work 3hrs or the full 8hr day don't really seem to understand that a lot of the time from what I can tell.

that guy has a ridiculous backlog yet has time to not only mod this figure but now also offer the mod as a service :LOL: :slap
Eh what can you do, his business so I can't speak on his behalf but if he's getting them done and shipping them out then that's fine. I only will get stuff he has ready to go especially this if he gets it done and I have no issues then fair enough. He did mention in a post that he is getting help from other artist for his batlog so that could explain his availability for these things. Though my issue is if it's worth losing the option for the unmasked sculpt.

They should have used the Spider-Verse Miles material for the entire suit.
Been saying this since I got Miles. They make the best material for any Spider-Man figure yet and they decide "Yeah let's never use that again."

It's the only Spider-Man figure I have in my collection that I have posed. Embarrassing. It's the perfect material to use on the blue section for this figure as well but they just use their typical rubbery material instead. Makes no sense.

Every Spider-Man figure that they release should be able to comfortably do these poses and stay that way.

52313534309_c9182c2313_k_d.jpg

52313534324_37f7d5d648_k_d.jpg

52313104421_5218aa330e_k_d.jpg

The customizers must love Hot Toys giving them an endless supply of business.

I don't mind getting the odd custom cape, tie etc to improve a piece but having to replace huge parts of a figure just to get it looking like it should is too much. Already been through this to get a good Batman Begins figure, not sure I can stomach it again here.

Probably resigned to selling mine when it gets here or just cancelling the order. Hoping Mars Toys decide to have a go at this figure. Got far more confidence in them doing justice to Tobey than I have Hot Toys right now.

Been saying this since I got Miles. They make the best material for any Spider-Man figure yet and they decide "Yeah let's never use that again."

It's the only Spider-Man figure I have in my collection that I have posed. Embarrassing. It's the perfect material to use on the blue section for this figure as well but they just use their typical rubbery material instead. Makes no sense.

Every Spider-Man figure that they release should be able to comfortably do these poses and stay that way.

52313534309_c9182c2313_k_d.jpg

52313534324_37f7d5d648_k_d.jpg

52313104421_5218aa330e_k_d.jpg
Thats one thing i will agree with i don't know why they don't use the Scarlet Spider and other material for a majority of the SM figs. Even the new comic version, they went halfway why not go all the way?

If they used the material they were supposed to, they’d risk the figure being too perfect to ever revisit it again.

I’ve said it for years, Hot Toys is the Hasbro of 1/6 figures. Why give you a definitive Spider-Man or Batman when they can make you get 10 in pursuit of “the best version possible”. It’s why they use rubber and faux leather and pleather. It builds in an expiration date so they can come to the rescue with a “NEWLY DEVELOPED VERSION”. It’s why this character comes with a backpack and this one doesn’t, and why this one has this specific head and this one doesn’t. If every thing came out the way it should, right out of the gate, people would never buy another Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader ever again.

To cancel or not to cancel? Really wanted to match this Tobey with my NWH Doc Ock to replicate SM 2 :(
I’d wait for a proper SM2 Doc Ock and Spider-Man. Black suit Spider-Man gives me hope for them,

Too many exclusive tooling molds, like Doc Ock’s tentacles, for them to only be used once and never again. Wouldn’t make sense. Keep Otto’s body, suit construction, waist and tentacles and BOOM all you need to do is give him a new head and outfit.

Same with Green Goblin. Make a new 2002, glider, give him his Trident and have a retooled helmet that has the goggles up that show his eyes, and there you go, an “all new Green Goblin.

I’d wait for a proper SM2 Doc Ock and Spider-Man. Black suit Spider-Man gives me hope for them,

Too many exclusive tooling molds, like Doc Ock’s tentacles, for them to only be used once and never again. Wouldn’t make sense. Keep Otto’s body, suit construction, waist and tentacles and BOOM all you need to do is give him a new head and outfit.

Same with Green Goblin. Make a new 2002, glider, give him his Trident and have a retooled helmet that has the goggles up that show his eyes, and there you go, an “all new Green Goblin.
The problem is, while all these ideas you said sound good + are very obvious things that they can do, Hot Toys never does them. Where are the obvious releases that they could have done with all the other licenses that they have? They work on too much of a random mindset.

Throw in a battle damaged SM1 in there as well for an obvious figure that they can do. With half torn mask with Tobeys face under it. Just like the custom shown a few pages back. Pair it with a SM1 Goblin with the fork weapon as you said and lens up mask. Do a brick diorama and everything.

Now will they actually do any of this? I’m not convinced enough to say that they will given their track record. They’re just too random.

Last edited:

You been here awhile. You know how they are. They will sit on a license forever or never touch it for whatever reason. Maybe you’ll get a surprise announcement but they have wasted so much potential in the past.
I don’t trust them to make a Spider-Man 2 or doc ock figure. They will make another crap iron man variant or done stupid figure nobody wants from what if or an mcu show.

I can’t wait to see the “Batman anniversary” stuff they are gonna out out. Guarantee it’s gonna be nothing but Nolan stuff or penguin finally but you’ll get three figs max.

The problem is, while all these ideas you said sound good + are very obvious things that they can do, Hot Toys never does them. Where are the obvious releases that they could have done with all the other licenses that they have? They work on too much of a random mindset.

Throw in a battle damaged SM1 in there as well for an obvious figure that they can do. With half torn mask with Tobeys face under it. Just like the custom shown a few pages back. Pair it with a SM1 Goblin with the fork weapon as you said and lens up mask. Do a brick diorama and everything.

Now will they actually do any of this? I’m not convinced enough to say that they will given their track record. They’re just too random.
Yup that’s why I don’t like waiting on them. You either will get it or you won’t. Even if they announce the damn figure there is a good chance you won’t get it. I wish people didn’t put so much stock in them but they have all the 1/6th scale license that everyone wants

I mean, I’m only basing it off the symbiote Spider-Man 3 figure. That to me tells me there’s a chance.

Also of interest, the Spider-Man 2 license is currently being utilized by Hasbro as of 2023/2024 for . . . Doc Ock. Notice it’s specifically Spider-Man 2, NOT No Way Home. Same thing all these companies have done for Andrew Garfield NWH but utilizing Amazing Spider-Man 2.

5D9C3C58-B591-4F92-BC41-0484FC9E3AE1.jpeg

They have been heavily criticized for not only NWH Ock, but now, the Maguire Spider-Man, that parred with all the preorders and discussion, it sends a message to them about how popular the Raimi Spider-Man is.

I expect atleast a red and blue Spider-Man 3 that improves on this one. Atleast.

I mean, I’m only basing it off the symbiote Spider-Man 3 figure. That to me tells me there’s a chance.

Also of interest, the Spider-Man 2 license is currently being utilized by Hasbro as of 2023/2024 for . . . Doc Ock. Notice it’s specifically Spider-Man 2, NOT No Way Home. Same thing all these companies have done for Andrew Garfield NWH but utilizing Amazing Spider-Man 2.

View attachment 683774

They have been heavily criticized for not only NWH Ock, but now, the Maguire Spider-Man, that parred with all the preorders and discussion, it sends a message to them about how popular the Raimi Spider-Man is.

I expect atleast a red and blue Spider-Man 3 that improves on this one. Atleast.
You may be right. And they do follow whatever hasbro seems to carry. Must be a Disney mandate thing. It’s just that there is a huge chance it probably won’t happen. Or if it does it would be years from now. So it’s like do we hold onto the preorder or wait on a chance it may happen? It’s so hard with this company
I hope you are right cause the criticism for ock and now this should atleast sway them to put out better content

Uhhh...is there supposed to be a big skin blemish thing on the side of the Maguire sculpt's face? Surprised Dean didn't comment on it.
He comments on it within the first four minutes of the review…where someone thinks a worker had paint on their hands or something… good to hear the seller offered to get a new headsculpt from the supplier and also offer a full refund…

Back