Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spider-Man 2 Battle Damage version when?

1f96788d2283d1635e3f5a17d1878650e13a9210.gifv

My favorite scene in the Raimi trilogy.

SP2 still holds up so damn good.

486 AUD thats good! I mean thats what sugo toys is charging for the regular version. Thats insane.

Yup. However sometimes the stock that is preordered from Sugo is HK 1st batch, which means you could receive it 3 months earlier than via Popcultcha. However there is no guarantee that that’s what you‘re preordering from Sugo.

Yup. However sometimes the stock that is preordered from Sugo is HK 1st batch, which means you could receive it 3 months earlier than via Popcultcha. However there is no guarantee that that’s what you‘re preordering from Sugo.
Ah yeah I've seen some of the first batch stuff they charge a lot for. Personally i don't mind when i get my figures, unless it's something already out then the impatience sets in lol.

I’m dangerously on the edge of ordering this, Andrew, and Integrated Spider-Man. The three of them on a shelf together would be the perfect Spider-Man representation, for me. The cost is the only point causing pause, that’s ~$1,000 on figures that I’m not sure I should spend.

I’m dangerously on the edge of ordering this, Andrew, and Integrated Spider-Man. The three of them on a shelf together would be the perfect Spider-Man representation, for me. The cost is the only point causing pause, that’s ~$1,000 on figures that I’m not sure I should spend.
Just wait until a year after they release and get them on discount and free shipping.

I PO the basic figure. As for Tobey coming back for another film, I think it would be silly for Sony/Marvel not to make another crossover event movie with all the Spider people in it. In fact, if I were Sony/Disney, I'd make a solo Garfield Spidey movie with Venom and a solo Tobey film each in their own universes. Then, a few years down the line, we get an Avengers style Spidey universe team up film.

I'm not cut out for that. Maybe when I get all my dolly wants I'll get some statues from my Top 10 to round things up, but it's still early.

With 1/6 HT is charging $300 + dollars (now $400 + :slap) on stuff that absolutely comes out looking very toyish and unfortunately Spiderman leads that look.

It varies though because some characters look like they’re worth the asking price.

Which end of the toy - realism scale will 1/6 Doom end up on :panic:

With statues all I know is that XM Studios 1/4 brown suit Wolverine and Prime 1 1/3 DKR are the best those characters have ever looked in statue form.

Meanwhile Iron Studios is asking over $1,000 for a 1/10 statue lol

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Hat these released around the time NWH was in theaters it would've been a no brainer for me. I'm definitely in the "all 3 or none" camp at the moment and remaining on the fence until Sideshow actually puts Andrew up for PO and then I'm sure I'll cave.

With 1/6 HT is charging $300 + dollars (now $400 + :slap) on stuff that absolutely comes out looking very toyish and unfortunately Spiderman leads that look.
Yeah, Tobey-Man doesn't look many scales above the third party stuff. It's better, sure, but I'm getting more Mezco One:12 vibes than "high end collectible" ones. I felt the same went for their Goblin. I don't know, maybe they don't care for the Raimi stuff or the materials used aren't easy to replicate. But for 300$ this is definitely not giving me the same vibes as my Kylo Ren or whatever else. Even Thanos, an entirely plastic figure, came out more realistic than this one. I'll still get it though. I don't think they'll ever get it entirely right, and with the way prices are going I'm not sure I'd bite again. Maybe if InArt gets the Raimi license (unlikely) in 6 years I'll put him with my InArt Batmen or something. I bought a Thanos not because I loved the MCU look or adaptation, but because I needed one for my Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade/Starlin Saga display and to pair him with Adam Warlock. I got him for around 400€ after taxes and everything, and the price over at ToysWonderland was around 250 which I brought down to 180 with some coupons. If they make another in the future, with these prices, I'll be looking at 600, easy. And I'm not spending that on a toy.

It varies though because some characters look like they’re worth the asking price.
Sure, which is why we all got excited by InArt. I'll pay the 500$ for a jaw-dropping Paul with rooted hair, but it's hard to justify spending 300$ for this Tobey-Man.

Which end of the toy - realism scale will Doom end up on :panic:
Today's rumour, from a rather reliable source, is that the Gus Fring guy met with Marvel for multiple roles, including Doom. I still think he's most likely to be Xavier, but if they cast a 60 YO American black guy as a Balkan/European Dictator, expect to see my entire collection up for sale here and my account deleted. It's all I'll say. I can barely take the Kang miscast, but if they ruin Doom I'm done. I'm rooting for Bardem, but the MCU has been in absolute freefall for a while now, so I'm dreading the announcement...

With statues all I know is that XM Studios 1/4 brown suit Wolverine and Prime 1 1/3 DKR are the best those characters have ever looked in statue form.
My problem with statues is that the paint is often too lifeless. And as I've said before, I buy figures to sort of fill that hole from when I was a child and couldn't find any around my parts. Statues don't have the same effect on me. I could go for some. The Prime 1 Paul for example is very tempting. But they'd have to be characters that are in my Top 10. I'd pay the insane prices for a Doom on his throne, a comic accurate Kang megapiece with him on a throne with Immortus, Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion and Immortus all around him, a Mads Hannibal, a Vertigo Lucifer, stuff like that. Like I said, very few characters would warrant those prices for me. My Top 10 basically. And that'd be way after I'd be done with figures.

Last edited:

Which end of the toy - realism scale will 1/6 Doom end up on :panic:

Oh and Iron Studios is asking over $1,000 for a 1/10 statue!

It’s the same physical size as a 1/4 scale statue, but unfortunately that means it gets what Iron Studios is currently charging for their 1/4 scale pieces.

I wish they'd do Tobey and Andrew in 1/4 scale as well. Seems HT only want to make Tom in that scale though.

Same with Batman, lots of Nolan verse 1/4 scale but no Keaton or Affleck who'd both look glorious in the larger scale.

Yeah, Tobey-Man doesn't look many scales above the third party stuff. It's better, sure, but I'm getting more Mezco One:12 vibes than "high end collectible" ones. I felt the same went for their Goblin. I don't know, maybe they don't care for the Raimi stuff or the materials used aren't easy to replicate. But for 300$ this is definitely not giving me the same vibes as my Kylo Ren or whatever else. Even Thanos, an entirely plastic figure, came out more realistic than this one. I'll still get it though. I don't think they'll ever get it entirely right, and with the way prices are going I'm not sure I'd bite again. Maybe if InArt gets the Raimi license (unlikely) in 6 years I'll put him with my InArt Batmen or something. I bought a Thanos not because I loved the MCU look or adaptation, but because I needed one for my Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade/Starlin Saga display and to pair him with Adam Warlock. I got him for around 400€ after taxes and everything, and the price over at ToysWonderland was around 250 which I brought down to 180 with some coupons. If they make another in the future, with these prices, I'll be looking at 600, easy. And I'm not spending that on a toy.

Sure, which is why we all got excited by InArt. I'll pay the 500$ for a jaw-dropping Paul with rooted hair, but it's hard to justify spending 300$ for this Tobey-Man.

Today's rumour, from a rather reliable source, is that the Gus Fring guy met with Marvel for multiple roles, including Doom. I still think he's most likely to be Xavier, but if they cast a 60 YO American black guy as a Balkan/European Dictator, expect to see my entire collection up for sale here and my account deleted. It's all I'll say. I can barely take the Kang miscast, but if they ruin Doom I'm done. I'm rooting for Bardem, but the MCU has been in absolute freefall for a while now, so I'm dreading the announcement...

My problem with statues is that the paint is often too lifeless. And as I've said before, I buy figures to sort of fill that hole from when I was a child and couldn't find any around my parts. Statues don't have the same effect on me. I could go for some. The Prime 1 Paul for example is very tempting. But they'd have to be characters that are in my Top 10. I'd pay the insane prices for a Doom on his throne, a comic accurate Kang megapiece with him on a throne with Immortus, Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion and Immortus all around him, a Mads Hannibal, a Vertigo Lucifer, stuff like that. Like I said, very few characters would warrant those prices for me. My Top 10 basically. And that'd be way after I'd be done with figures.
Lol on the doom casting note. It reminds me of wesker in RE where they cast a black guy to play a literal nazi type guy who wants to see the perfect specimen of human and rule above all of them. Weird flex . But anyway I must say it would be crazy to have an old doom tbh. I don’t think they’ll do it but you never know

I wish they'd do Tobey and Andrew in 1/4 scale as well. Seems HT only want to make Tom in that scale though.

Same with Batman, lots of Nolan verse 1/4 scale but no Keaton or Affleck who'd both look glorious in the larger scale.
Right. Idk why they wouldn’t. I’d pounce on that harder than grace out of the shower and in lingerie

I'm in the same boat. Hat these released around the time NWH was in theaters it would've been a no brainer for me. I'm definitely in the "all 3 or none" camp at the moment and remaining on the fence until Sideshow actually puts Andrew up for PO and then I'm sure I'll cave.
If they put Andrew up with a sculpt that’s close to V.Collectible’s in accuracy I will definitely melt. It all really hinges on him.

Also I just gotta throw my hat in the ring; I do not mind the neck seam at all. I understand appreciating the seamless look of the Holland Spidey but I have always hated how the unmasked head looked. As someone who would display the unmasked head as much as the masked I really am glad Tobey and Andrew have the seam.

Lol on the doom casting note. It reminds me of wesker in RE where they cast a black guy to play a literal nazi type guy who wants to see the perfect specimen of human and rule above all of them. Weird flex . But anyway I must say it would be crazy to have an old doom tbh. I don’t think they’ll do it but you never know
Oh, don't remind me, or I'll start going on and on with Kang and whatever else. They have officially lost the plot at this point. Specific details that inform the entire character get thrown out of the window. Aesthetics tossed aside like leftovers. It's nonsensical. I really do hope they get him for something else, because if they ruin Doom that'll be it. As for him being old, I do think it's likely they'll burn through him during the 3 year period until SW and then move on mostly with the X-Men. There was a casting call back in 2019 for "The Benefactor" asking for 40-60 YOs, so I think it's likely they'll use Doom independently from the FF, or with a lesser connection. So he'll be retconned to have been around since the start, and he'll get offed in SW. Maybe they'll keep Kristoff around as Doom-lite, a younger version essentially with no specifics to mess up, while the FF are still getting movies past Phase 6. Do the Loki bit and keep him around for a decade or something as an anti-hero or whatever. Dunno, I'm just spitballing here, but reality is always worse than the fanfics in my head so...

Back