Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the Garfield Spider-Man. This one is a close 2nd. I presume the videogame symbiote figure will be shown sometime next year and if it's close to the comic I would probably pick that one.

I saw a "order soon" from ToysWonderland which makes me wonder if we're not getting a head sculpt for this one and that perhaps Toby was the blocker all along. That would be a darned shame...
The same logic for the reused garfield (calling it asm 2) head could just as easily be used for a maguire head, they would just need to call it a spiderman 3 figure (albeit the black version).

I would be surprised if there wasnt a maguire head.

Ugh see the problem with that is they used the uglier messed up mask from NWH.

Hot Toys is using the Raimi mask which has the correct and better looking mask, which is good. They just strangely combined that with the black lens from NWH.

Pzero3n.png

ZpcNxuG.png
For once, fans (well Raimi fans) benefited from HT's laziness.

If you had to choose only one Spider-Man figure for you collection - would this be it?
I'm planning for the future and was trying to decide between this and the new Tobey Maguire (obviously I'd have a better idea when it goes up for pre-order with all the pics/accessories listed but I just thought I'd get people's opinions earlier on as well)
I'm team Tobey over Tom or Andrew, as he's my favourite Spidey.

I have both (red and black) the Tobey's from Spider-Man 3, and the advantage of them are that they are stretchy cloth costumes so you can pose them without fear. The downside is that they are a product of their time and the underlying figure isn't the best.

Personally, I am likely to get this Tobey, plus the NWH/ASM2 Garfield, and team them up with the Tech suit from Homecoming as I think the red and blue colours for all three will look great, plus I'm not a huge fan of the Integrated Suit.

If you had to choose only one Spider-Man figure for you collection - would this be it?
I'm planning for the future and was trying to decide between this and the new Tobey Maguire (obviously I'd have a better idea when it goes up for pre-order with all the pics/accessories listed but I just thought I'd get people's opinions earlier on as well)
It would be for me. Tobey is absolutely my favourite Spider-Man and without him, the MCU would surely not exist in the way it does today. Sure I might think Andrew is the most accurate to the Comics, but just like Jackman- Maguire took the best from the comics and made it his own as well.

In all realism I am very likely to get all three from NWH, but it's difficult for me to believe anyone can unseat Maguire as my personal favourite incarnation of the character. Be that because of childhood nostalgia or otherwise.

That would then make HT’s decision to release Garfield under ASM instead of NWH completely inexplicable unless no one but Holland is sanctioning use of their likeness for the movie.

I feel like the current conclusion that Garfield is the problematic case makes the most sense and HT found a loophole to give us a sculpt- even if it’s very old and doesn’t really suit the personality of the character in NWH.
I hope that’s the case!

I'm team Tobey over Tom or Andrew, as he's my favourite Spidey.

I have both (red and black) the Tobey's from Spider-Man 3, and the advantage of them are that they are stretchy cloth costumes so you can pose them without fear. The downside is that they are a product of their time and the underlying figure isn't the best.

Personally, I am likely to get this Tobey, plus the NWH/ASM2 Garfield, and team them up with the Tech suit from Homecoming as I think the red and blue colours for all three will look great, plus I'm not a huge fan of the Integrated Suit.
Same. I’m content with my red and blue stark suit spidey. The red and gold is absolutely hideous.

I hope they include tobey headsculpt. It looks like there's a neck seam like tasm2 where you can swap out for Andrews head

I'm thinking if we don't get a Tobey sculpt it's because of the actor.... maybe both he and Andrew had likeness rights issues or HT didn't pursue a new one for Andrew if Tobey flat out said no.

If we do get a Tobey sculpt than it's Andrew who was the issue.

I feel the tobey suit works better for the neck/body seam rather than the Garfield suit. Looks more natural where as the Garfield one at least in the photos i have seen makes it look more obvious rather than hidden.

Just because Maguire had a likeness agreement in the past, and that was awhile ago, doesn’t mean it’s still valid. Also, say what you will about the sculpt, but it makes it pretty clear in the text for the Garfield head sculpt there is a likeness agreement otherwise they couldn’t say it:

Authentic and detailed likeness of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/ Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man

Having said that, there could be some really weird clauses in there that would explain away why the sculpt looks like that. Actors, lawyers, executives, who knows why a sculpt ends up the way it does.

I'm going with both either way but if I had to choose just one it will be Tobey spider-man for sure, that's the one from my childhood and I will be glad to own him and his 2 villains. Though again I'll be getting all of the NWH figures Andrew is definitely a favorite also and is second to Tobey's, Tom is last of course so I'll be getting his integrated suit or classic suit when they make it.

For some strange reason, Holland is also my least favorite peter parker, even though he has had the better movies overall. I also like his guest shots, but still last of the 3.

For some strange reason, Holland is also my least favorite peter parker, even though he has had the better movies overall. I also like his guest shots, but still last of the 3.
Completely agree, logically I should like him more than I do as I really enjoy all his movie and cameos - but in reality he is my least favourite in the role.
I have no idea why tbh - I think that I am a little put off by his whole "Iron Man junior" arc and his "jee gosh sir" mannerisms. I feel like it diminishes him somehow?
Hard to explain.

I'm the opposite, I never much cared for the Raimi films and the ASM films were the same thing but worse, Holland was a breath of fresh air. At least for the first couple movies.

I don't think any of these figures look very good, I have the Scarlet and I'm fine with that

Back