Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to see that Peter 3 is not getting much love in this thread. Only on page 3. Some spandex material has a natural sheen to it making it look almost metallic but it’s not. It’s the shine coming from the threads.

When I tried updating my Medicom Spider-Man 2 figure I used a spandex material that had a sheen to it. HT can find the right material but it also needs to work at a 1/6 scale and not be too restrictive for articulation and esthetic.

Attachments

• C95EA025-0B7A-4CDC-A986-F3A28EE2FDBB.jpeg
    C95EA025-0B7A-4CDC-A986-F3A28EE2FDBB.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 38866EA6-65B3-400A-8ACC-7D787B4CAE29.jpeg
    38866EA6-65B3-400A-8ACC-7D787B4CAE29.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 4359146C-AA52-4805-AC45-B63FDE4BABED.jpeg
    4359146C-AA52-4805-AC45-B63FDE4BABED.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 54
I’m a wait and see kind of guy. I think there’s not much we can tell from this one photo so I’m not going to judge till I see more pics. And even then it will most likely change the same way a lot of figures do from proto to preorder to production pics and even more so in hand.
I like the improvements I see but I’ll wait to get too excited.

Sad to see that Peter 3 is not getting much love in this thread. Only on page 3.

I would've thought these threads would be on page 50 by now! I guess the major hype has quelled a bit since it's been months since release, and, more Marvel/SW projects are coming.

Some spandex material has a natural sheen to it making it look almost metallic but it’s not. It’s the shine coming from the threads.

When I tried updating my Medicom Spider-Man 2 figure I used a spandex material that had a sheen to it. HT can find the right material but it also needs to work at a 1/6 scale and not be too restrictive for articulation and esthetic.

Wow, that's great work! :clap

I’m a wait and see kind of guy. I think there’s not much we can tell from this one photo so I’m not going to judge till I see more pics. And even then it will most likely change the same way a lot of figures do from proto to preorder to production pics and even more so in hand.
I like the improvements I see but I’ll wait to get too excited.
There's not much to talk about tbh, we have one image and neither of them look good in said image.

yeah once we get more information + pics im sure the threads will blow up

I'd bet that when they go up, both unmasked sculpts will be blurred and the figures will be mainly lazy reissues.

I wish we could make enough noise to get them to change the material. It sucks they do this crap so often.

It's so strange how long they waited. It's not just HT, it's everyone. What could've happened to cause this delay? If they had timed this right, they would've been printing money over these extra two Spider-Men.

Any idea why there's been such a delay in merchandising for these two?

Probably disney/Sony wanting to keep the embargo this long to avoid spoilers
It's not just hot toys that took this long
Only recently did Hasbro announced their Spider-Man tobey + Andrew

It's so strange how long they waited. It's not just HT, it's everyone. What could've happened to cause this delay? If they had timed this right, they would've been printing money over these extra two Spider-Men.

Rumors are Sony kept everything tight to the chest which included the concept art and everything being sent out to toy/merchandise companies. I'm not sure how the process works but they may not be able to work on any products without the company's approval.

Sony.

Looks like there are some detail issues that need to be worked out but overall from the initial pic it’s not bad.

Attachments

• EC50057F-EEB2-404A-BA45-D03258CE11B3.jpeg
    EC50057F-EEB2-404A-BA45-D03258CE11B3.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 95
Looks like there are some detail issues that need to be worked out but overall from the initial pic it’s not bad.
The basic design of the suit is right, but the colours are way off. Hopefully they are just reusing the old suits for the prototype and the actual figures will be more accurate.

Yeah I think it looks pretty good so far, and it looks like they're updating the underlying body. Of course as aforementioned the sheen/color of the suit is something to be addressed. I still really like the ASM2 Spidey as I think it's a good, solid figure. It'll be interesting to see how the upgrades compare. I can imagine they'll give the new body ratchet joints like current Spidey figs. Nevertheless I'm excited to see the promo images for these!

It seems like the Hot Toys fabric is missing the texture of the movie suit and made the webbing stand out more than it needs to be. I think if they can fix those issues, it would look quite good.

Sadly, I wouldn't put it past Hot Toys to be a little lazy with these releases though.

Back