Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt HT is slowly building to the ultimate release, Artisan Chewbacca. Which will still arrive long before a Bespin Han. :chase

It'll also end up looking like your ex-partners hair that you unblocked from the drains with goggly eyes attached a few short years after purchase.

Just watch Hot Toys release a Chris Evans Captain America Artisan figure LE 1,500 and the whole 1/6 world will turn into the hunger games.

Unpopular opinion probably, but I am in favor of premium limited releases. I think it helps figures retain their value and adds some excitement. While I'm not trying to make money with this hobby I sure wouldn't be nearly as engaged if every figure dropped in value by half like all my Mandalorian figures have. With these release 'events' I'll get some and miss others, but I much prefer that knowing the ones I get will hold their value. Overproduction kills collectibles.

That said, HT needs to actually release an 'artisan' before too many more preorder events. Agree with others that a premium or artisan figure should improve more than just adding rooted hair.
Probably an unpopular opinion as well, but I'd never view these figs as something to worry about value.

I know selling goes on, but these figs aren't designed for longevity. Plastics degrade. Even museums have trouble maintaining plastics. The lifespan of figs has been discussed but if I get 10 years I figure I'm good. Eg. I'd be cautious buying any fig over 3 years old - for myself. Maybe some last 20, 30 years - dunno. I remember picking up a TWS Cap body way back and was surprised at how brittle it felt. My figs are in great shape but I won't be surprised if I have to pull out the glue bottle for the older ones. Or do a body swap.

Just watch Hot Toys release a Chris Evans Captain America Artisan figure LE 1,500 and the whole 1/6 world will turn into the hunger games.

Much as I collect Cap, I'd pass. Bucky tho, they could do the hair and include the *&% Gerber knife.

Hot Toys showed InArt collectors will still shell out $300 for bare minimum effort. Throw in some cheap metal and people will pay $400+.

InArt sees that and deduces they can charge even more if they actually make an effort.

Hot Toys then realizes people will pay more just for fancy sounding rooted hair.

Time is a flat circle that screws all our wallets. :lol
This however, I can agree with. InArt is pushing the sixth scale industry pricing up... which is never a good thing.
So long as they continue to offer non-rooted options of new figures at "regular" prices, I don't think there's anything wrong with offering a premium limited edition option. But I bet we'll never see a rooted-hair figure from Hot Toys again that isn't $400-$500, which is a shame.

I don't think there's anything wrong with offering a premium limited edition option.

Other principles aside, it wouldn't be as problematic if they weren't a number capped limited edition and if there was always a guaranteed alternative which didn't happen with Anakin.

It's not great when the methods of obtaining the figures are strictly a random queue, standing in line, or paying exorbitant prices.

I don't think Hot Toys has the capacity to make enough of these to fulfill an open preorder window system, but what they're doing now leaves a lot of collectors out in the cold. Collectors who previously didn't have to deal with that sort of thing to get the majority of their offerings.

I'm not against very limited items. I've chased plenty of those. But it's not something I like seeing from Hot Toys.

The only Artisan Cap they could do is probably the IW Cap. I don't think that look is popular enough though

excuse my ignorance, but the main difference in "artisan" vs non, as far as hot toys goes, is rooted hair?
are there any other details or features?

This seemed to go smoothly. Definitely better than ordering Anakin, and just as easy as the Joker order. I think a lot has to do with a few things:

1. Sculpted version available, and better for a number of collectors
2. Not many people happy with this release
3. Already a lot of Scarlet Witch figures out and more to come with a better sculpt
4. Joker and Anakin are more popular
5. The price

However it still sold quickly due to lower edition size compared to Joker and Anakin. I’m lucky now that I have the first Artisan edition from DC, Star Wars, and Marvel preordered. Looking at it now, I’m trying to stomach the fact I will be spending nearly $500 on a previously released Civil War Scarlet Witch, which I have, but with moving eyes, different hair, and a light up base! She’s actually more than Anakin, I guess the base drove the price up?

When these Artisans were first announced, Anakin was the one I wanted. I went for the Joker to test out the ordering process. If I got him, but not Anakin, then I can sell Joker, and use the funds for Anakin in the aftermarket. But now I can keep Joker, since I don’t have a Ledger Joker figure, and don’t have an Anakin yet either. I do have a Civil War Wanda though. That’s why I can’t believe I’m spending twice the amount I spent on the Civil War version. These figures cost more than Diecast, let that sink in.

Next year will be expensive for me. I have the 3 Artisans, JND Reeve Superman/Clark Kent 1:3 scale statues, and maybe Inart Cavill Superman probably hitting around the same time. Who knows what else will come along. Oh yeah Inart is working on a Reeve Duo, will do Gal Wonder Woman and Batfleck, and Bale Batman. Someone please help me, I need therapy. 😂

This seemed to go smoothly. Definitely better than ordering Anakin, and just as easy as the Joker order. I think a lot has to do with a few things:

3. Already a lot of Scarlet Witch figures out and more to come with a better sculpt
5. The price

However it still sold quickly due to lower edition size compared to Joker and Anakin. I’m lucky now that I have the first Artisan edition from DC, Star Wars, and Marvel preordered. Looking at it now, I’m trying to stomach the fact I will be spending nearly $500 on a previously released Civil War Scarlet Witch, which I have, but with moving eyes, different hair, and a light up base! She’s actually more than Anakin, I guess the base drove the price up?

When these Artisans were first announced, Anakin was the one I wanted. I went for the Joker to test out the ordering process. If I got him, but not Anakin, then I can sell Joker, and use the funds for Anakin in the aftermarket. But now I can keep Joker, since I don’t have a Ledger Joker figure, and don’t have an Anakin yet either. I do have a Civil War Wanda though. That’s why I can’t believe I’m spending twice the amount I spent on the Civil War version. These figures cost more than Diecast, let that sink in.

Next year will be expensive for me. I have the 3 Artisans, JND Reeve Superman/Clark Kent 1:3 scale statues, and maybe Inart Cavill Superman probably hitting around the same time. Who knows what else will come along. Oh yeah Inart is working on a Reeve Duo, will do Gal Wonder Woman and Batfleck, and Bale Batman. Someone please help me, I need therapy. 😂

While they may share a similar outfit. The Civil War one will still continue to hold its value. Seeing how it is the brunette hair version and the new Endgame Wanda has her "Jean Grey" hair color. The 7 year difference with the price is to be expected for the increase of Hot Toys over the years. I am just grateful Hot Toys is giving us any option at all to purchase the figures with rooted hair. Seeing how Wandavision and Multiverse of Madness Wanda is now stuck with only molded hair option sucks. I always prefer the rooted hair on long hair characters. So if I have to pay extra to guarantee I get the best figure in my collection it is worth it in the long run.

S940feee51db143a6b7479cfeafaadd81k.jpg
Hot-Toys-Endgame-Scarlet-Witch-Artisan-020.jpg

Keep in mind that CW Wanda is pretty prone to flaking now or it will flake eventually. I'm not 100% sure if they're also using pleather for the new coat. But from the pics it look more like the "Captain America EG" rubbery material to me. I could be wrong

Yeah. I'm really curious people are using these figures as an investment medium. Its pretty funny.
Well cause it's actually "limited". Idk what the western market gonna look like. But in Asia these guys are gonna go into the thousands pretty soon

All I see from "Artisan" will be people leaning more heavily on the competition such as InArt due to the extremely limited availability and even the overall quality of "Artisan" figures. Of course competitors need to somehow gain more licenses and speed up production, but right now this kind of tactic from Hot Toys isn't doing them any favous in my personal book.

5. The price

Well, sh^%t spoil my blissful state of denial :monkey3 :lol

Here's my take on therapy - Are your basic bills paid off and can you put 20% of whatever for emergencies - assuming you are paying rent or other. Past that, it may be a while before these figs are released or even on PO. Hate to say it, but InArt is a pretty new effort, and companies can run into supply problems, finance problems, staff, etc. So you have time to save.

So OK tho if you don't pick up a fig at PO or release - well, I've messed about and had to backtrack, and it ALWAYS has cost me. Which sux. Haven't done it often, 'coz those markups are painful. Past that, folks spend insane amounts on their stereo systems, detailing cars, meals that cost over 100$ or more per person, get ripped off on vacations and are happy about it (I was just at a lake, and so there are these boat rentals. As far as I can tell, the boat goes back and forth across the lake, and back and forth. That was it. Whoo-hoo. Bet that wasn't cheap but the people on the boats seem so happy. Whoo-hoo).

It's your choice what to spend hobby funds on, provided you aren't digging yourself a hole. Lol more than once I've seen the repo man tow a Jag or other pricey car.😁

Other principles aside, it wouldn't be as problematic if they weren't a number capped limited edition and if there was always a guaranteed alternative which didn't happen with Anakin.

It's not great when the methods of obtaining the figures are strictly a random queue, standing in line, or paying exorbitant prices.

I don't think Hot Toys has the capacity to make enough of these to fulfill an open preorder window system, but what they're doing now leaves a lot of collectors out in the cold. Collectors who previously didn't have to deal with that sort of thing to get the majority of their offerings.

I'm not against very limited items. I've chased plenty of those. But it's not something I like seeing from Hot Toys.
Ahhh, but production limitations aside - making it limited is part of what makes it such a good money-maker for Hot Toys/InArt. If people had two years to think about whether they really need a $400 Anakin with wool hair or a $500 Pennywise clown figure, I suspect they'd sell a third as many.

Keep in mind that CW Wanda is pretty prone to flaking now or it will flake eventually. I'm not 100% sure if they're also using pleather for the new coat. But from the pics it look more like the "Captain America EG" rubbery material to me. I could be wrong
Mine is in great shape. But that said, if I get 10 years out of a fig, I can work with that. Besides just re-coating the jacket with whatever repair kit/fabric paint. My AOU Wanda - the special edition - holding up great too.

Tho I don't live in an ultra humid area. And my figs are under glass most of the time.

I just wish they had done an Artisan Wanda of her MoM look. More spell options, more accessories, vastly better costume that isn’t the most boring corset/jacket/pants combo, and better ideas for a base and hair color.

Instead we get bland ass Carrot Top Witch

We all know that the “Artisan” line was created to go head to head with Inart in terms of using “Wool Hair”, however Asmus used Wool Hair for Gandalf if I’m not mistaken?

Another add on: If anyone has not possibly clued in to the teaser pics, it looks like the pleather pant legs has more room around the knee area and much more tailored than compared to the Civil War version (the skinny jeans look is not present).

Last edited:
Back