Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how she doesn't touch that level, outside of the lack of magnetic base.

I know arguments can be made for material choices (#IHATEPleather) but the overall look of the figure is right in line
with what InArt is making. If you're talking about lack of accessories or lesser costuming, that would be
more of a complaint for Marvel Studios costume designers than Hot Toys.

They are kind of working with what they are given and her outfit is not exactly "complex".

Last edited:
I could have had this, but since I’ve had the CW version since release, I decided not to finish the checkout. I can use this money for either her MoM or solo series looks.
But I’ll probably get the sculpted version when it releases, because I don’t think the pleather pants on my CW version will last much longer 🤣
Granted this has pleather pants as well, instead of real leather. “Artisan” my ass 🤣

Exactly. I'm not sure how "king of the mountain" even came about. I'm talking strictly quality

The "InArt is king" agenda has been spewed about ever since Joker was shown.

Don't get me wrong, I am no Hot Toys apologist.
I've complained about a ton over the years about things they have done or didn't do.

Everything is subjective, though... but the praise for InArt as a startup division/company has been sickening to be honest.

Tailoring, aesthetic and head sculpt-wise... unless InArt has a Wanda coming out, you cannot compare "quality"
to this Artisan figure. It's apples to oranges, clearly.

But as I said above, all is subjective and everyone is welcome to their opinion. No disrespect to any fellow board members here.
Just agree to disagree, lol.

Last edited:
The "InArt is king" agenda has been spewed about ever since Joker was shown.

Don't get me wrong, I am no Hot Toys apologist.
I've complained about a ton over the years about things they have done or didn't do.

Everything is subjective, though... but the praise for InArt as a startup division/company has been sickening to be honest.

Tailoring, aesthetic and head sculpt-wise... unless InArt has a Wanda coming out, you cannot compare "quality"
to this Artisan figure. It's apples to oranges, clearly.

But as I said above, all is subjective and everyone is welcome to their opinion. No disrespect to any fellow board members here.
Just agree to disagree, lol.
Yes

Ahaha eveyone else is scrugging to secured they order and here i am no money to buy it
poor john travolta GIF

This however, I can agree with. InArt is pushing the sixth scale industry pricing up... which is never a good thing.

It all depends on who you order through.

I could get the InArt Superman for about $290 USD shipped from Popcultcha.

(though obviously no rooted hair, I guess)

Last edited:
I could have had this, but since I’ve had the CW version since release, I decided not to finish the checkout. I can use this money for either her MoM or solo series looks.
But I’ll probably get the sculpted version when it releases, because I don’t think the pleather pants on my CW version will last much longer 🤣
Granted this has pleather pants as well, instead of real leather. “Artisan” my ass 🤣

InArt if you want an actual work of art.
Hot Toys if you just want some toy.

I've been ok w/ the CW version so far, but those movable eyes...

QvKH7HT.gif

If I do end up getting the artisan, @Zurdo95D gets my CW Wanda...free of charge :p

I can neither confirm nor deny that I picked up the figure.

All I will say is that I'm signing off for the day.

04ZKnYR.gif

I take it you're saying that so you won't have to send over your CW Wanda? ;)

Inart is nothing.. If you guys want a real piece of art, then go for a Prime 1 statue of Liz Olsen (if they decide to make one). ;)

You’re literally paying close to 2 grand for a huge stone effigy of her to add into your collection.

Inart is nothing.. If you guys want a real piece of art, then go for a Prime 1 statue of Liz Olsen (if they decide to make one). ;)

You’re literally paying close to 2 grand for a huge stone effigy of her to add into your collection.

Big problem Prime 1 would have to tackle first. Get a Marvel license.

I have dozens of Prime 1 pieces, and all but one of them are of DC characters.

And keep in mind that Queen is probably still working on their 1/4 or now maybe 1/3 Wanda statue. Their first iteration wasn't well received, so it went back to the drawing board I guess.

Last edited:
Yes. Good thing I read the Anakin thread ahead of time and knew to try different things.:cuss
Yeah, I've been ready each time they change it up to look for something they do different. So far I'm 3 for 3 on the Artisan line picking up on Sideshow. Also got D100 IM, Peter 2.0, and Advanced Miles. Only recent miss is the WB100 WW. Forgot about the Blue Batman and Classic IM

IMO if InArt were a work of art, -
HT's last Bucky was so accurate it was like I had a mini of the actor on my shelf. There's others, like Yondu.

I've got Aragorn on order, but I wouldn't say that sculpt is perfect. Didn't think Gandalf was perfect either.

Besides the fact that there are costuming details for Aragorn that make me uneasy at the price I'm paying, unless they are corrected in production. Works of art wouldn't have put out a proto with short boots, which to me is a pretty basic detail. That's been corrected, but then there's the length of the coat being too short.

I don't like that Aragorn's outer coat looks like some kind of fabric. I don't see that the basic Aragorn hair looks any more detailed than the details HT has put out in sculpted hair. Then there's accounts of people receiving Joker figs with the head stuck on with putty or something.

So for me it's a wait and see approach. Finally, if these are "figures" I know HT (and ASMUS, and even some third party) can stand up to basic handling. For the price, they should. I've no idea what InArt would have done with a Scarlet Witch. Light up eyes might have been nice. But at least by pictures I don't get what is that mind blowing about InArt. Nice figs, so far, from pics. I'm paying a lot to give them a try.

But there's a lot of great 1/6 costumes out there. Maybe it's the sculpts. But I'd still argue HT has put out its own "works of art" including robotic figs (Ultron Mark 1 and IM/WM figs) as well as other "human" figs. We probably get too used to it, but HT has done some incredible engineering.

Last edited:
Did people order this on faith that it will look better than the prototype when it eventually comes out? Otherwise I don't know why anyone stressed themselves over the ordering process for this one.
People ordered this because it has a small ordering window compared to a regular release. It's limited. I stopped preordering figures and wait until they actually release to see how the final product comes out, and see if I still want it. Which is what you can do with the sculpted hair version. But all the Artisan editions sell out, so you need to preorder it right there.

The only issue with that it seems Inart won't be doing Marvel or Star Wars, just DC. So I'm thinking for DC figures go Inart. For Star Wars or Marvel, go Hot Toys.

At this point I am going to have to be an InArt fan because they actually let me order their products. Even though I have nearly the entire IS/Endgame line (paid full price) and nearly every screen-used release of Star Wars for the last three+ years (no chrome clone bs), all Hot Toys is telling me is that they don’t have enough production to keep my business.

I told my family today to not be surprised if the house fills up with Harry Potter ******** in the next few years because that company isn’t repeatedly telling my money isn‘t good enough for them.

We’re just going on about semantics.

Both brands are capable of being works of art, but at the end of the day, they’re both more or less toys. Just ask anyone outside the hobby and my guess is that over 99% of them would consider both toys.

But without InArt, would Hot Toys have started this new Artisan line, or improved their offerings on their standard pieces? At the end of the day, InArt was good for us collectors/consumers.

We’re just going on about semantics.

Both brands are capable of being works of art, but at the end of the day, they’re both more or less toys. Just ask anyone outside the hobby and my guess is that over 99% of them would consider both toys.

But without InArt, would Hot Toys have started this new Artisan line, or improved their offerings on their standard pieces? At the end of the day, InArt was good for us collectors/consumers.
I don't want HT to start a line that is difficult to purchase. If they can't make the stuff at scale, all they're doing is creating a secondary market. It's also creeping up their baseline prices as the non-artisan SW was pretty pricey and but "cheaper than the Artisan". I really should be done with the 1/6 hobby at this point...

You all asked for better products and InArt brought them. You all seemed to want these better products at no extra cost, which is unrealistic - so now everything is more expensive across premium brands like HT and IA because it can be. You take the good with the bad tbh.

Back