Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What will be the best way to make sure we are successful with ordering from sideshow? Is it best to checkout on phone or computer? Is the email they send the only way to have access to the page to order? Do they post the products early or on the dot? Is she gonna last longer since she has a molded hair option as well for the non rooted hair fans?

What will be the best way to make sure we are successful with ordering from sideshow? Is it best to checkout on phone or computer? Is the email they send the only way to have access to the page to order? Do they post the products early or on the dot? Is she gonna last longer since she has a molded hair option as well for the non rooted hair fans?

There's just 8 of you. It should work out well. :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside, no guarantees. It's a lottery disguised as a queue system. Even how their system functions during the process is a lottery. The system will keep you in the line or kick you out.

Read the Anakin Artisan thread about the horrors of this system. Use a computer but you can have your phone as a backup.

Joking aside, no guarantees. It's a lottery disguised as a queue system. Even how their system functions during the process is a lottery. The system will keep you in the line or kick you out.

Yeah, sounded like BS to me. Also having to be prepared to pay full price, immediately, and maybe you can switch to a payment plan later. I guess they are checking if folks have enough to cover the purchase to avoid a lot of waitlists.

What do you mean by last longer? All I can say is my Wandas have held up fine, even in an area with some humidity - but I do have them in a glass door case and run fans a lot. As far as real hair - it's a natural fiber, kept cool and dry it will last a very long time, like a wool sweater in a drawer. Moisture and poor conditions would affect it, as well as any pleather and/or leather.

Read the Anakin Artisan thread about the horrors of this system. Use a computer but you can have your phone as a backup.

Yeah, sounded like BS to me. Also having to be prepared to pay full price, immediately, and maybe you can switch to a payment plan later. I guess they are checking if folks have enough to cover the purchase to avoid a lot of waitlists.

What do you mean by last longer? All I can say is my Wandas have held up fine, even in an area with some humidity - but I do have them in a glass door case and run fans a lot. As far as real hair - it's a natural fiber, kept cool and dry it will last a very long time, like a wool sweater in a drawer. Moisture and poor conditions would affect it, as well as any pleather and/or leather.
Just make sure you don't pose this guy near her in your display...

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 14-02-28 Mothman Action Figure by Ninjangulo on DeviantArt.png

there's really no way to guarantee being successful at getting your order in if you're going for the Artisan version. You definitely need to make sure you’ve RSVP’d though as ppl who didn’t weren’t able even able to get to the page if I remember correctly. I was early for Joker and got one just before they sold out. I was early for Anakin, got close to the top of the line, the line got paused for 15mins, reshuffled most ppl like myself, and I got pushed way back to the end of the line. Some ppl got the item in their cart then got put into another que to go from cart to check out. In that time, some ppl got kicked out again. So it's really just luck of the draw.

The sculpted hair will be a regular DX release so there will be no need to rush and order one.

Last edited:
I collected the EG/IW line so this one, despite me being unhappy with the price, will have to find a place on my collection to complete the set. Just waiting for PO to open up

I think he meant will it last longer for preorder since there is a sculpted hair version. There was for Joker, that's why ordering went longer and was smoother. Anakin didn't have a second version, so that went quickly, and not as smooth. While this may have a smaller edition size than those 2, it doesn't seem too many are pleased with this release, and there are many recent Wanda figures. She's also not as popular as the Joker or Anakin.

I think he meant will it last longer for preorder since there is a sculpted hair version. There was for Joker, that's why ordering went longer and was smoother. Anakin didn't have a second version, so that went quickly, and not as smooth. While this may have a smaller edition size than those 2, it doesn't seem too many are pleased with this release, and there are many recent Wanda figures. She's also not as popular as the Joker or Anakin.
While no sculpted version was definitely a factor in it, I would argue the larger factor Anakin didn't go smoothly is b/c they paused the queue for 15mins which reshuffled many who were already in line once they resumed. Ppl who barely joined after that pause were able to get the figure while others who had be on time weren't.

While no sculpted version was definitely a factor in it, I would argue the larger factor Anakin didn't go smoothly is b/c they paused the queue for 15mins which reshuffled many who were already in line once they resumed. Ppl who barely joined after that pause were able to get the figure while others who had be on time weren't.
Just reading about the whole Anakin thing gave me a headache. And it's enough for me - if I decide to go for it - to have a balanced mindset ahead of time. I already feel bad for those who REALLY want this version.

Whoops, my bad. The whole system sounds like a mess.

Man I hate the top more than anything. So bulky and the way it crumples just doesn't look fitted well.
agree. i prefer the sculpted one but the above proto isn't doing it for me. I also think by the time this gets released my overall MCU collection will dwindle to a few figures and may not be a fit at that point.

Reading everyone’s description of the process makes me so grateful I no longer collect Marvel and don’t care to buy this.

I despise it when ordering a figure is made that difficult.

Hope everyone that truly wants one can get one.

Reading everyone’s description of the process makes me so grateful I no longer collect Marvel and don’t care to buy this.

I despise it when ordering a figure is made that difficult.

Hope everyone that truly wants one can get one.
I keep focusing on the base. Had a talk with myself last night about, for me, a questionable reason to buy a pricey fig for a base that I won't continuously light and I own the IS 1/10 version anyway, which also has fiery floating rocks.

So I'm leaning towards keeping my sanity, money, and sitting this one out. Maybe 85% there.
Amy Poehler Popcorn GIF by NBC

Edit: And I'm at 100% out. My excitement just isn't there as I am content with the original. Best of luck to all those trying to get her.

Last edited:
Just read that Anakin thread, wowww. Yeah I'm not even going to TRY and get an 'Artisan' release from Hot Toys if this is how it's done.

That's my excitement for having a Scarlet Witch in the Endgame shelf reduced by 70% or so.

I keep focusing on the base. Had a talk with myself last night about, for me, a questionable reason to buy a pricey fig for a base that I won't continuously light and I own the IS 1/10 version anyway, which also has fiery floating rocks.
The display base isn’t exclusive to the Artisan version. So, if that’s what really interests you, you’ll be able to get that with the standard DX release of this figure that has sculpted hair. And that sculpted version will be available everywhere to PO and be parted out at the standard part out sites when it’s released.

IMG_0494.jpeg

The display base isn’t exclusive to the Artisan version. So, if that’s what really interests you, you’ll be able to get that with the standard DX release of this figure that has sculpted hair. And that sculpted version will be available everywhere to PO and be parted out at the standard part out sites when it’s released.
Cool thanks! And I can't believe I'm thinking this being a rooted hair fan - at least for long haired characters - in pictures IMO the color of the sculpted hair is interesting. Seems to have a sheen to it as tho there's a metallic wash or tone. Like flames.
I might go for that, not sure what looks like single color mohair is that effective.

Just read that Anakin thread, wowww. Yeah I'm not even going to TRY and get an 'Artisan' release from Hot Toys if this is how it's done.

That's my excitement for having a Scarlet Witch in the Endgame shelf reduced by 70% or so.
Impressive isn't it? And while I get not wanting to have unsold inventory, I don't get not making more of a figure if you can make more and make more money, within reason.

I’m actually temped to get this version of Wanda (non rooted) even though I have the Wandavision version and the KO Civil War (Fire Toys).

Honestly can’t make up my mind right now.
Been there. It's tough if you already have figs you like. Unless you are a collector that needs every version (I have pretty much all of the Caps). I wish they had included a permanently red-eyed sculpt, or one that lit up. Then I could easily justify having CW and a Wanda who is really *&^% off even if the costume is the same. I don't know how long luminous paint lasts.

Back