Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not available worldwide. Expensive. Pleather. Easy pass. Is this suposed to be a fightback to InArt? I don't understand what Hot Toys is doing...

I know I’ve said it a lot by now but the artisan edition is just a marketing gimmick like diecast.

That said, I don’t think they’re using it to fight back against InArt per se. They technically target a similar yet slightly different market with some overlap. Plus they don’t really have to. Hot Toys has Disney/Star Wars/Marvel.

Aside from Joker which was definitely a direct response and different for that reason, I think Hot Toys is partially riding the InArt hype train and the Hot Toys/InArt fight among collectors to push their new pricier line of fancy hair figures. Something more people care about now thanks to InArt.

Hot Toys has the licenses and such a big captive audience that they don’t really need to make big improvements for artisan to get people to buy. I mean they should, for our sake and for integrity, but the demand for the artisan figures even with minor upgrades shows that they don’t have to.

Howard is usually pretty shrewd at business. They made upgrades to their standard line to stay up to date. But artisan is just about the money, and not really about trying to make figures on the same level as InArt.

I’d wager Anakin and Scarlet Witch were only planned as standard releases until Howard saw collectors shelling out for InArt and realized he could throw some wool hair on them and charge a lot more.

The what you order online vs what you receive is very noticeable with this figure. What do we think?

379633173_886314406252717_4583971873473187974_n.jpg

Attachments

• Hot-Toys-Endgame-Scarlet-Witch-Artisan-009.jpg
    Hot-Toys-Endgame-Scarlet-Witch-Artisan-009.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
The what you order online vs what you receive....
Pretty but not feeling the face or maybe the eye position.
Drooling for the base
And the knees still look like &%$# looks like real bad arthritis or something. My CW has the pants/joint thing but you'd think they would improve the material or smooth that knee joint.
And not too sure about the quality of wool for the hair. There's no sheen looks like she needs a salon it's flat and dried out. Maybe they should go with a top quality synthetic. She looks like she's wearing a wig.

Last edited:
Looking at that latest photo, I'm wondering if it would make sense to switch out the body for a Phicen / TB League....get rid of those ugly "robot" joints.

Of course, that makes this figure even more expensive......I think I'll pass 😟

Pretty but not feeling the face or maybe the eye position.
Drooling for the base
And the knees still look like &%$# looks like real bad arthritis or something. My CW has the pants/joint thing but you'd think they would improve the material or smooth that knee joint.
And not too sure about the quality of wool for the hair. There's no sheen looks like she needs a salon it's flat and dried out. Maybe they should go with a top quality synthetic. She looks like she's wearing a wig.
Wow, I didn't realize this had those atrocious looking Harley Quinn knee joints. So I guess newly developed body just means they're cutting features on the body to offset the use of the woolly mammoth hair. Got it.

The what you order online vs what you receive is very noticeable with this figure. What do we think?

View attachment 665862
That definitely looks better than the promotional photos made it out to be but as others have mentioned, now the atrocious knees are showing. And after seeing InArt’s solution for flight stands with their Cavil Superman, that black claw around her waste crushing the costume is just…ugh.

Wow, I didn't realize this had those atrocious looking Harley Quinn knee joints. So I guess newly developed body just means they're cutting features on the body to offset the use of the woolly mammoth hair. Got it.
This made me laugh :lol

She's not completely off the table for me, but I like my current Wandas a lot (AOU and CW). I stopped there as I didn't care for the move to sculpted hair and some other reasons. Which would include budget. Wasn't long ago figures weren't 300$ +. I don't have a real need for moving eyes.

I'm thinking I should just take the pain of buying the marked-up base parted out at some point, and call it a day. Depends on the payment plan, whether Sideshow's site crashes, and whether I can justify a second CW Wanda - I duplicate figs sometimes but don't know about this time.:unsure:

The irony is that this coloring of the hair is my least favorite part of the toy..... I missed out on the civil war version because I thought that the Infinity war Wanda was gonna be better. Then they teased that they're going to release this end game Wanda some years ago show never did so I'm cool with getting either of these editions but I think I might go for a different head.

I wonder why they went with a neutral face on this particular version of Wanda I don't remember her ever having a neutral looking face any part of this film.

4 of us noticed…and tbf that’s almost half the number of the people still here talking about the figure :lol
Haha good point
I guess someone looking for attention lmao.
You can have this internet cookie if you feel ignored like this HT figure. Lol
:lol

No at all. Even if it was someone else who pointed it out and not me, I would’ve said the same thing :dunno

I’ll pass on the cookie, but you go ahead and have one yourself since making that comment helped you feel better about yourself :wink1:

Last edited:
interesting ppl are all of a sudden surprised by knees. I mentioned this a week ago and no one cared :lol
I care.:lol
But in my defense another Wanda hadn't been on the radar for me. I own 4 incuding the third party with the green jacket.
Mostly I think of my MCU collection as done, reflecting the Golden Era of the MCU. Except for Loki since I
like the show. The only "artisan" I'd like is a classic Winter Soldier with a sculpt upgrade and the Gerber knife.
The jacket would be a plus.

In theory every latest release is supposed to be the best. But if u don't sell your figs, when do u put a period on it?
And yeah, I also think the red hair doesn't look as good as the brunette.

I care.:lol
But in my defense another Wanda hadn't been on the radar for me. I own 4 incuding the third party with the green jacket.
Mostly I think of my MCU collection as done, reflecting the Golden Era of the MCU. Except for Loki since I
like the show. The only "artisan" I'd like is a classic Winter Soldier with a sculpt upgrade and the Gerber knife.
The jacket would be a plus.

In theory every latest release is supposed to be the best. But if u don't sell your figs, when do u put a period on it?
And yeah, I also think the red hair doesn't look as good as the brunette.
Haha no worries man

I’m pretty much done with MCU myself. I’d take an updated Winter Soldier for sure as well as Cap with moveable eyes in the helmeted sculpt though.

As for this Wanda figure, I’m only interested b/c I’ll be getting one for my best friend (regular, not rooted) since she love Wanda. It’ll be a great birthday or Christmas present in whatever year this comes out.

I agree with you that HT and other companies make it difficult to put a period on your collection if they keep coming out with new versions. I think for lost ppl, it gets to a point to where you have to decide if what you have is good enough to not want to upgrade to the shiny new version.

Yeah, what’s the point of using the wool hair if it’s not gonna be styled correctly? At that point there really isn’t any improvement over the synthetic material they used to use.
I had the same feeling with that Wonder Woman HT recently made. It's impressive and looks nice, but isn't really accurate.

I feel like this current generation of faux-rooted wool hair is being done because they can do it, but not because they can do it correctly. They're missing the point, missing the reason, and simply doing it because the technological leap of craft has found a place in the industry and allowed them to bring this supposed "artisan" level of craft to the production of relatively large numbers of figures.

I understood the reason for wool hair on the Joker, because it's a project customizers have been trying to refine for over a decade now with the constant attempt to approach extreme accuracy, but not every figure needs this kind of treatment or benefits from it.

In 4 years we'll be saying how those first generation of wool hair figures from 2023 were so lame and completely missed the mark.

Last edited:
Back