Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of now and based on how the timeline goes (upon MRSP USD or official release)

Age of Ultron $230, Civil War $230, Regular Endgame $320 [Artisian version $440], Wandavision $275, Regular MoM $285 [DLX $320]

Note: I can be wrong in some of the pricing here.

How did people know it would go up today? Didn't even get an email like last time until it was already being sold

Did people order this on faith that it will look better than the prototype when it eventually comes out? Otherwise I don't know why anyone stressed themselves over the ordering process for this one.

My completely unfounded guess:

45% of people ordered on faith.

30% of people ordered because of hype and FOMO.

15% of people ordered to flip.

7% of people ordered because they buy everything.

3% of people ordered because they want to brush Scarlet Witch’s hair.

Did people order this on faith that it will look better than the prototype when it eventually comes out? Otherwise I don't know why anyone stressed themselves over the ordering process for this one.
The vid helped change my mind. And I own very few IW/EG figs.

But IMO all my Wandas have beautiful paint, I have no reason to think this one will be different. Finally, it's interesting to have a more limited edition.

Also I didn't buy any of the newer SW. So guess I will be putting up with the knee joint thing. Again. But, will say my other Wandas are in great condition, no peeling or anything.

I'm part of that 7% but I didnt order as I am really not happy with the pricing. I'm not sure why Hot Toys thinks they're up to par on quality with InArt but theyre not

Don't own any InArt yet. But I have been happy with the quality of HT bodies, in spite of some reporting issues. I've tried picking up spare bodies, cheap bodies and always come back to HT. As for the pricing - well, yeah. That's why overall I buy a lot less.

Oh, for the good ol' days around Civil War:monkey2 when I picked up most of the characters and still have them. Even doubled Black Widow she was/is a beautiful fig. Now every purchase I need a calculator and medication.

Last edited:
Yeah, and for a change things worked smoothly once they let you in to buy. I was @ #350 in the queue so I only had about an 8 minute wait, but I was worried I'd get kicked out if I selected a payment plan or used rewards. I did both and thankfully no issues. I only had $40 in rewards but that and the payment plan makes it slightly less painful lol.

p.s. - Definitely a random lottery - I had both my PC & laptop primed to go and clicked their respective mouses simultaneously. Laptop was #350, PC was #1173.
Congrats! I don't remember what number I was, just that I ended up with a 6 minute wait, it bounced from a 1 to 2 minute wait, then takes me to a page for deals or something, which had nothing to do with anything. Good thing I checked Notifications. I know there were at least several hundred folks ahead of me.

TBH surprised I got in. What a messed up system.:pfft:

This thread was way less entertaining than the Anakin Artisan one during the pre-order... Congrats to those who got her!

Partly because after the Anakin thread, we all knew what we were in for:devil. And probably less interest. But still plenty of interest, apparently. I know over time people were looking for the CW version. Way back I waited too long and only got her via Popcultcha at full retail.

I'm part of that 7% but I didnt order as I am really not happy with the pricing. I'm not sure why Hot Toys thinks they're up to par on quality with InArt but theyre not

Sorry man, but I have to strongly disagree here in regards to Hot Toys "thinking" they are up to par, but aren't.

Hot Toys is still the superior company overall, if in 5-7 years InArt is still churning out the exact same quality in EVERY figure
I might re-consider... but giving InArt this imaginary "king of the mountain" title after one full release and two partial releases is crap.

My completely unfounded guess:

45% of people ordered on faith.

30% of people ordered because of hype and FOMO.

15% of people ordered to flip.

7% of people ordered because they buy everything.

3% of people ordered because they want to brush Scarlet Witch’s hair.

No percent alloted to those imagining to be Josh Brolin from Old Boy?

:monkey1

InArt's most significant contribution to the 1/6 market seems to have been showing Hot Toys how to get away with charging $440 per figure...
Nah. Prices for IM figs had me a while ago.

OK, to be real tho, IM figs have all that engineering going on, so prices for figs in cloth/pleater/leather do slow me down.

I was 167 in line, so I was able to get one. Sorry, haven't read past comments yet, but did anyone else have issues bringing up her page once you were let in? It took me to the RSVP page (which I already did). Then I hit RSVP again and went to main menu. Then clicked on the Artisan one again and it let me finally order.

Sorry man, but I have to strongly disagree here in regards to Hot Toys "thinking" they are up to par, but aren't.

Hot Toys is still the superior company overall, if in 5-7 years InArt is still churning out the exact same quality in EVERY figure
I might re-consider... but giving InArt this imaginary "king of the mountain" title after one full release and two partial releases is crap.

Artisan line is meant to counter Inart's offerings. This Artisan Wanda doesn't really touch that supposed level. It's not about who is king of the mountain.

I was 167 in line, so I was able to get one. Sorry, haven't read past comments yet, but did anyone else have issues bringing up her page once you were let in? It took me to the RSVP page (which I already did). Then I hit RSVP again and went to main menu. Then clicked on the Artisan one again and it let me finally order.
Yes. Good thing I read the Anakin thread ahead of time and knew to try different things.:cuss

Back