Hot Toys Scarecrow, yay or nay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually looks a lot better than I ever thought a fabric mask would look. Since it is a large as the Wayne head and neck combined it looks like it's probably too big, but I'm still reasonably impressed. A sculpted mask will be much more accurate though, and I'm eager to see it here.

Ah, so that's where it came from.

I'm really looking forward to Shawn's sculpted mask now, it will look cool on the head and slip right off. Shawn had mentioned to me that the back of the mask is actually cut alot closer to the head so it will slip right off.

He also wanted to thank Wor-Gar for providing all those amazing pictures of the outfit...

Thanks for the kind words fellas...I made it! As for the "word of the day post"...make one better out of fabric and then we'll talk... it took me all of 30 mins to make this one, and good eyes whomever pointed out that it was the Movie Masters evidence mask. Just shows that a fabric Scarecrow mask can work, if done correctly.

Thanks,

mike

I'm sorry man, i tend to compare custom jobs to Company products
what crossed my mind was what if THIS was from Hot Toys

i pointed out all the inaccuracies and lost interest in it
it's a collector character flaw with me

Hey Mike, how oversized is the mask for a 1/6th figure? Did you try it on a SS or HT or Dragon figure to see?

If it is, maybe it's possible to make the mask smaller -- a little trimming and tightening.

The mask I did had to be shrunk down quite a bit. I didn't try it on any other bodies Out of the movie masters box it is huge on the HT bruce wayne head, and the eyeholes or way off. But because the scarecrow mask has a lot of stitching in it you can just sew them up. So I put it on the head and pulled it down and hot glued the fabric in key places it to fit the form of the head...then I started stitching it here and there. The finished mask looks really well proportioned on a HT body. I used Jack Sparrow for a test and it did not appear oversized. Bottom line is the MM mask...in my opinion can be modded to a pretty decent mask... And if I had more patience I am sure I could get it to look real accurate. It was just a test though since I had it laying around. Anymore questions...fell free to ask...hope this helps.

mike

I will try to get one up later today on the jack sparrow body.

mike

I never really saw the Scarecrow as much of a villian. I was disapointed with how they treated his character, especially in Begins when he comes charging up on the horse, flames blowing from it's nose, and burning red eyes, then Rachael shoots him in the face with a stun gun and he gallops off screaming like a girl! what a waste! And as for The Dark Knight, what was the point of him there?
As for a figure, I personally wouldn't buy one for the above reasons.

But.... If HT did ever release one, I'm sure it would be awesome, and respect to those of you who do want one. peace out! :peace

Back