Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the photos I still prefer the SS Dewback, but may consider adding this one depending on price.
If HT really wants to jump into the 1:6 SW creatures game, my top 5 would be:
  1. Rancor
  2. Wampa
  3. Taun Taun (I have the SS version, but maybe HT could produce a faux fur take)
  4. Nexu
  5. Acklay
Nice to see a bit of prequel trilogy creature love there. I’m hoping for Boga and/or an Eopie for the 2025 Revenge of the Sith anniversary, and a Kaadu for the TPM anniversary next year.

Interesting thing was that SS mentioned how much interest there was in the Dewback yesterday in their Con-show thing.

Still no idea why they didn't re-release their own Dewback years ago as it's essentially a statue which they still do ??? And they did Jabba.

Sideshow, what a pack of #####

Interesting thing was that SS mentioned how much interest there was in the Dewback yesterday in their Con-show thing.

Still no idea why they didn't re-release their own Dewback years ago as it's essentially a statue which they still do ??? And they did Jabba.

Sideshow, what a pack of #####
I really hope that interest means this will become an actuality and HT announces it soon. I really want this!

I really hope that interest means this will become an actuality and HT announces it soon. I really want this!
The fact they mentioned it above all others and how they reacted themselves it all seemed pretty positive to me.

Norm from Tested in his video was also pretty hyped at the Dewback. Not that that means anything, but I guess it's representative of many collectors such as us here.

Fingers definitely crossed. It seems pretty mature it the development. So would love to think we could see it put up soon. Especially with bigger items from Star Wars being pushed out recently.

Even from a potential technical point of view. These larger figures/vehicles all run on a very large injection press. So if others such as the Blurrg and maybe the AT-ST walker are done with their runs, then they need something next to utilise the press.

Just thinking out loud here, but let's hope it is the Dewback !

FB_IMG_1689932002924.jpg

FB_IMG_1689932012889.jpg

Surely Hot Toys must have obtained a copy of the Sideshow Dewback when they designed theirs. The fact they went with the same raised foot movement indicates that to me.

So hopefully not too much difference. Just need some more photos from Hot Toys or more video that Norm's video.

Last edited:
A HT Wampa and Rancor :thud:Would be epic!!

I'd be happy to display Mando on a Dewback, since that's where I first saw it :)
This is one of the great perks of having Favreau and Filoni create such faithful OG designs for The Mandalorian. This Dew will look really good with either Din or the Sandtrooper riding it.

There's zero chance they don't PO this.

The question is will this be in the $400-450 range or more solidly toward $600. I mean the SSC version was $300 12 years ago - that today would be in the $410 range just with regular inflation, but with "figure inflation" -unrelated to real inflation - it'd be $500+. Look at SSC V2 Jabba at $850 - he came with a throne and hookah bowl, but V2 was double the cost of SSC V1.

HT does tend to be a bit on the lower side vs SSC (the simpler and slightly smaller Blurrg was only around $320,) so I'd say it's maybe somehwere in the middle - the $500 range.

Back