Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
colin-farrell-disgusted.gif

Hahahaha ! I know, I know :lol

Mando S1 was the first of ANYTHING Star Wars I’ve ever watched; it was my introduction to the SW universe and so it was basically my OT. (I did watch the OT sandwiched between Mando S2 so the OT itself is a very close second.)

Hahahaha ! I know, I know :lol

Mando S1 was the first of ANYTHING Star Wars I’ve ever watched; it was my introduction to the SW universe and so it was basically my OT. (I did watch the OT sandwiched between Mando S2 so the OT itself is a very close second.)
I get that. At least it wasn't the ST.

Oh God you're right. How disappointing. That makes the Sideshow a clear winner, but unattainable (for anything near a reasonable price) for anyone who doesn't have it. If it's an unused Mandalorian prototype that makes me worry it'll ever see the light of day and that it's just being used for the wow factor at cons.
It is kinda disappointing.

This is a re-warmed Mando sculpt (kind of like the speeder bike was - sculpt based on Mando, tweaks to make it OT version only take care of maybe 50% of the Mando features,) premiered alongside two OT imperials that were shown by HT literally close to TEN YEARS AGO.

I mean couldn't they have at least tweaked the sandtrooper helmet (not a great HT trooper sculpt imo) or done/added something to the DS trooper to update it? They are both pretty weak offerings, notable only for them being held back for sooo many years.

I mean what's next for the ROTJ 40th... a Jabba figure announcement that is clearly just a re-use of a "Hutt twins" sculpt from an abandoned BOBF release?

I mean couldn't they have at least tweaked the sandtrooper helmet (not a great HT trooper sculpt imo) or done/added something to the DS trooper to update it? They are both pretty weak offerings, notable only for them being held back for sooo many years.
Yeah reusing the move along/high brow helmet is a bit of a bummer, which was already the case 7 years ago when he was first revealed.
Having said that, I'm replacing all my HT stormie and sandie helmets anyway with much more accurate ones (like my stormtrooper in my avatar) - I already have more than enough helmets here just waiting to be cleaned up and painted. So I just want HT to finally release this sandtrooper so I can build my trio.

When I got the first HT sandtrooper years ago, I thought I'd wait for them to make the others to build a squad. At this point, I will simply buy the same twice and re-weather and change up pauldrons and accessories to make them all unique.

The Hot Toys, Sideshow, Attakus, Gentle Giant, Kotobukiya etc. Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper helmets are not 100% accurate and I get this. Some time ago I was bummed by this, now I don't care that much, as I have 1:1 RS Prop Masters helmets which are very accurate. I know these companies can do better, especially today with the access to screen used helmets and good scanners, but they don't care as collectors buy their stuff anyway. So I got in the Zen mode regarding the accuracy in smaller scales.

I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it.
That's exactly me. I didn't have the space for the SSC on, but I might for this one as I have a new cabinet, and I might be able to out it on top. But depends on its final size.

The Hot Toys, Sideshow, Attakus, Gentle Giant, Kotobukiya etc. Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper helmets are not 100% accurate and I get this. Some time ago I was bummed by this, now I don't care that much, as I have 1:1 RS Prop Masters helmets which are very accurate. I know these companies can do better, especially today with the access to screen used helmets and good scanners, but they don't care as collectors buy their stuff anyway. So I got in the Zen mode regarding the accuracy in smaller scales.
I only collect Star Wars in 1:6, so I reached my zen mode by buying custom sculpts. :lol
Since these are the only representation I have, I want them to be as close to screen accurate as possible. But I fully agree, I don't expect 100% accuracy from companies anymore. Laziness, budget and time constraints (during R&D), licensors in the way, human mistakes - there are simply too many factors for me to get upset about a company not recreating the level of accuracy I specifically want.

Of course, basing the dewback on a Mandalorian version and then selling it as ANH is a different beast entirely.

I hope this doesn't mean that HT have moved on from the 'Look Sir droids' Sandie. I know that guy and the promo dewback rider uses the same armour, it would be nice if they released a single 'look sir droids' figure and then a deluxe with the dewback and extra accessories.

Screenshots from the video BurningRage posted:

I'm sold. This had better not be a con-only display that never goes up for preorder. I got in too late to grab the last sandtrooper so I'm 100% in on a dewback and that white pauldron trooper. Bonus points if it includes the "look sir - droids" droid part for him to hold.

I have absolutely no idea where I would put this, but I will pre-order it day one, no questions asked.

Not sure if this is a pro or con but the SS version comes with a sand environmental base where the HT does not.

I hope this doesn't mean that HT have moved on from the 'Look Sir droids' Sandie. I know that guy and the promo dewback rider uses the same armour, it would be nice if they released a single 'look sir droids' figure and then a deluxe with the dewback and extra accessories.
Yeah that would be a kick in the nuts: they finally make the white pauldron sandtrooper, but you need to buy a dewback in order to get it.
I have decided that I don't want/need the dewback, but I'm so desperate for another sandie that I'd most likely get the set just to sell the dewback off again. :lol

But since it's a major army builder we're talking about, I really don't see HT not releasing him separately. Yeah, they didn't do it with the BARC, but that's clone #42 within a short time. I think this is more comparable to the Scout & speeder bike situation.

I don't have anywhere to put this. Caving on figures is one thing. Caving on Dewbacks, that's something else.
True, but it's easier to eventually make room for it than to find one after it's sold out for a decent price. But everyone's situation is different so I get passing on a large, expensive item like this if it's just going to sit in storage.

Back