Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I asked a seller on Evilbay if I could get a picture on the figure since I’m a bit worried about the stain-issue some been having. And the result? I got blocked from putting any bid on his/hers listings. :lol

The guys at my EU distributor were more than happy to help me by looking at the RG figures before shipping to me. They said it's fine, so cannot wait to arrive.

Edit: And the courier just delivered the package :yess:

Last edited:
Royal Guards arrived, great figures, the EU distributor verified their robes for damage before sending the package, they are perfect, no issues with spots or anything else. Now just the Emperor and throne to arrive, and then to make the necessary changes in the display. Fast shot:

Hot-Toys-Royal-Guards-13.jpg

Lol I asked a seller on Evilbay if I could get a picture on the figure since I’m a bit worried about the stain-issue some been having. And the result? I got blocked from putting any bid on his/hers listings. :lol

I sell a little on eBay and sub to the eBay subreddit; basically anyone asking questions is deemed a problem by most sellers and they just don't want to deal with problems. No offense but if it was a new figure there's no way I'd open it up, I wouldn't just block you without answering though.

I sell a little on eBay and sub to the eBay subreddit; basically anyone asking questions is deemed a problem by most sellers and they just don't want to deal with problems. No offense but if it was a new figure there's no way I'd open it up, I wouldn't just block you without answering though.

Yeah, this is sort of how I feel too. The whole point of it being new and opened is just that. But in a case like this figure or Hoth Leia, which had spots on some, I might do just that and say "opened for inspection" so that I didn't have someone claim that on me either if it wasn't actually the case. No good option for a figure with known problems.

Well I get the part where the seller might think the buyer would be a problem if asked a number of questions, especially if the one asking is from abroad. But it just seem dumb to block a potential buyer :S Wouldn’t a simple “The item is brand new and won’t open for inspection” be better than cutting a buyer off?

Maybe the ebay sellers protection is the real problem, since buyers almost always have the upper hand and when dealing with someone that is asking questions . I know I wouldn’t feel like selling a high priced item to someone far far away and then having to deal with returns and such. But the way some sellers deal with customers... I just can’t see this being a viable business practice :dunno

Anyway, not much I can do at this point. The item is sold and seller blocked me, therefore no solution will be made between us sadly. Anyway, thanks for responding and explaining!

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Well I get the part where the seller might think the buyer would be a problem if asked a number of questions, especially if the one asking is from abroad. But it just seem dumb to block a potential buyer :S Wouldn’t a simple “The item is brand new and won’t open for inspection” be better than cutting a buyer off?

Maybe the ebay sellers protection is the real problem, since buyers almost always have the upper hand and when dealing with someone that is asking questions . I know I wouldn’t feel like selling a high priced item to someone far far away and then having to deal with returns and such. But the way some sellers deal with customers... I just can’t see this being a viable business practice :dunno

Anyway, not much I can do at this point. The item is sold and seller blocked me, therefore no solution will be made between us sadly. Anyway, thanks for responding and explaining!

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Who was the seller? Seems like a real A class Ahole for blocking you over that! If anything he could have tried for a replacement (after all this is HT fault) but at the same time I can see why the seller wouldn't want to open a box and all that.

Not defending it, but I kinda get it. Ebay is a real nightmare for sellers with essentially no rights - especially little guys. Unless he is a big business, he'd take a bath on a return. If the seller saw it as a red flag for a picky buyer who may return over what they perceive as a minor issue, I understand them wanting to avoid that. Again, not saying it's right, but I get it. I avoid selling on ebay as much as I can. Between ebay and paypal fees (can be around 20% combined so just breaking even puts the price out of the park against pro sellers with wholesale prices), and dishonest buyers that ebay automatically sides with, I look for other ways to sell off old figures or statues now. It's just too risky for low return.

Those crimson guys can really stand out and light up the shelf.

I tried to pose one as they were in the RotJ movie deleted scene.

IMG_7943.jpg

Not defending it, but I kinda get it. Ebay is a real nightmare for sellers with essentially no rights - especially little guys. Unless he is a big business, he'd take a bath on a return. If the seller saw it as a red flag for a picky buyer who may return over what they perceive as a minor issue, I understand them wanting to avoid that. Again, not saying it's right, but I get it. I avoid selling on ebay as much as I can. Between ebay and paypal fees (can be around 20% combined so just breaking even puts the price out of the park against pro sellers with wholesale prices), and dishonest buyers that ebay automatically sides with, I look for other ways to sell off old figures or statues now. It's just too risky for low return.

Really good points you made and I have been burned before by bad buyers who didn't even return my item after they got all of the money refunded and I was left with nothing. Ebay really does screw sellers (paypal as well).

Anyone from Europe who knows a retailer which has this in stock at a decent price? Everywhere I look it's out of stock :dunno

Want to check if there's any hope locally, otherwise I'll go for Sideshow. The Ebay prices are ridiculous, $300 for something still in-stock at sideshow? :cuckoo:

Wow! Thank you, gonna order straight away. That second site certainly had good pricing, do you have any experience with their membership system? 10% off on all things seems like a nice offer.

I usually order from the first, I used vouchers for the stuff I get there. The second is a cool Belgian site, my friends ordered from them. But the figure is not in stock just pre-order, be sure to fulfill.

I am using the second one and am member (Though I received only 1 figure yet). They package very nice within a huge box with lots of small styrofoams. The only issue is they don't send brown shipper box.

I am using the second one and am member (Though I received only 1 figure yet). They package very nice within a huge box with lots of small styrofoams. The only issue is they don't send brown shipper box.

Did you get 10% off it? Wonder how membership would work, 10% off all preorders is pretty good considering they’re located in Europe.

I am member and bought a handful of figures. 10‰ off to the preorder price and 10‰ deposit when you preorder. Deluxe Palpatine +throne was 299€ on preorder, I paid a deposit of 27€ for a total of 269€.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

10% off on all orders during membership. If you'll buy at least 2 figures, then membership will be the cheaper option. And yes, there is depozit thing but it's almost routine practice now. But remember, no shipper box which is very important for some.
I have one pre-order and planning to do a few preorders more (just undecided between paying depozit or full price).

Back