1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was late, and although tired, Cody wasn't really sleepy yet so he decided to go to the rave.

"Way too much noise," he thought.

20211103_221907codyrave1.jpg

[I had no idea some of these figures were UV reactive]

I want this figure. But the price is high and his head looks twice the size it should be.

11F86248-CD38-4E33-8515-84B22D167728.png

The scaling gets weird because there were no physical props and Clone armor - especially the helmet - is not particularly well designed to fit an actual person.

That said, the Hot Toys head is perfectly fine and one of their best. I don’t see how it could possibly look good at half the size unless you really want that 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie Goomba look.

7BAC2012-EF1B-4CC8-8573-0AC74CE672C1.gif

I really like surface of Cody's armor. Its smooth and reflective, whereas the 501st is flat and dull. It makes Cody stand out not just from the color but the finish.

I really like surface of Cody's armor. Its smooth and reflective, whereas the 501st is flat and dull. It makes Cody stand out not just from the color but the finish.
I think both look animated which I do not like about the 501 especialy but cody still looks a lot better to me

The scaling gets weird because there were no physical props and Clone armor - especially the helmet - is not particularly well designed to fit an actual person.
That's a missed opportunity in PT costume design, but Lucas was totally enamoured with digital film at that point so ... c'est la vie.

It can get a lot of hate but one thing I like about the Rogue One Stormtrooper update is that it was designed so stunt people could actually run and move inside it, and that translates into what to my eyes looks a little more utilitarian and functional. Although to be fair, some of the stunt suits had soft femoral armour to facilitate movement even further.

As an avid trooper fan from way back, I've often wondered how that would work as 'real world' armour -- i.e. the trade-off in protection at the cost of mobility. It sort of makes sense when you think of storming fortified positions or choke points like the Tantive IV corridor. Except that the armour doesn't appear to confer much actual protection. :ROFLMAO:

I can't remember if it's canonical or EU/Legends now but I think it's at least supposed to improve survivability even if it doesn't prevent incapacitation.

MARK II KATARN CLASS COMMANDO ARMOR OR GET OUT

..... Seriously, i do wish we'd get a generic clone trooper wearing this armor. I feel a wild urge to army-build Omega squad. But I digress.

I see all this love for Delta squad, but Omega squad is where its at.

As an avid trooper fan from way back, I've often wondered how that would work as 'real world' armour -- i.e. the trade-off in protection at the cost of mobility. It sort of makes sense when you think of storming fortified positions or choke points like the Tantive IV corridor.

I think the thing really preventing this from happening in the real world is that we dont have the cooling system in place to keep the wearer from broiling alive in combat. We dont have a real world solution to how to power such a system, even, that would not be huge, cumbersome and fairly short lived. We get that, absolutely we will see people looking like Master Chief. Anyone would die to wear armor like that!

I think the thing really preventing this from happening in the real world is that we dont have the cooling system in place to keep the wearer from broiling alive in combat. We dont have a real world solution to how to power such a system, even, that would not be huge, cumbersome and fairly short lived. We get that, absolutely we will see people looking like Master Chief. Anyone would die to wear armor like that!
Yeah, very good point -- body armour isn't just cumbersome but it's hot as hell.

Space Body Armour doesn't have that problem. 😁

I bit the bullet on Cody and paid like a 100 over retail.

Am I proud of it? No. Do I regret it? Also no.

I needed him next to Kenobi and will be purchasing the entire ROTS line that HT makes (prob AOTC too because I love the film and the designs are incredible).

Back