1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gone way off Topic:
Dont even start. People complain about BoBF but imo the most damaging thing to ever hit the entire franchise by far is the Ewok. Overpowered yet useless teddy bears that somehow could go toe to toe with Darth Vader, six other Sith and the entire Avengers lineup all at once, and win. Its ****ing disgusting is what it is.

Im joking. Kinda.

EDIT: AND BATMAN, THEY COULD ALSO DEFEAT BATMAN with thier spears made out of sticks, who even thinks this ****up I swear.
To be fair at some point they were still meant to be Wookiees, which would have been fantastic, and somewhat believable vs the Imperials.
Yet somewhere down the line, maybe after their bizarre appearance on the Holiday Special :lol , Lucas decided to switch to half the size. And what in his Joseph Campbell-archetype infused mind, was not a downgrade, but an upgrade, of the symbolic irony of the defeat of the imperial army by the underdogs. :wink1:
00dd994ca99f3495ca9966ea4733c487.gif

EDIT: AND BATMAN, THEY COULD ALSO DEFEAT BATMAN with thier spears made out of sticks, who even thinks this ****up I swear.
Yet it's Batman who constantly benefits from this plot-induced-stupidity trope, the more significant comparison is Batman constantly beating the likes of Superman, or Darksied with his silly batarangs and gadgets.
While the rest of the JL and their godlike powers and weapons; Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, J'onzz are made to sit back and be amazed by Batman.
Cause that's who has to win.

That said, slightly back on topic:
Has anyone with his name sake figure, ever posed them both together?:
I accidentaly click on this thread mistakenly thinking it's going to be about Commando Cody....
7a6xd4.gif

Last edited:
First Hot Toys Clone, so much nostalgia. I remember SDCC 2018 was a good year, with the prototypes of TPM Darth Maul + bloodfin, Jango, Cody + Airborn.

Not only the Airborne, no news of 212th clones or General Kenobi whatsoever. This Clone Wars 20th anniversary may be the perfect time for Hot Toys to dig these out of their closet... unless they want to wait until 2025 for ROTS anniversary.

They've done 501st clones to death, unless they re-issue them for the ROTS anniversary, I bet they will focus on the 212th and a few others like Bly.

They've done 501st clones to death, unless they re-issue them for the ROTS anniversary, I bet they will focus on the 212th and a few others like Bly.

I'm going to assume that the 212th will be the next focus from HT and they'll be a focal point for the ROTS anniversary.

Just speculating though, because by then the shinies will probably be sold out, so we'll need the next army builder.

I'm going to assume that the 212th will be the next focus from HT and they'll be a focal point for the ROTS anniversary.

Just speculating though, because by then the shinies will probably be sold out, so we'll need the next army builder.
I think so too. They need to have army builders for that line. 212 Clone and the Airborne are perfect for that.

I think so too. They need to have army builders for that line. 212 Clone and the Airborne are perfect for that.
I'm buying minimum five 212TH Grunts and two airborne troopers. With the current team of two Cody's sitting in the collection I believe it is quite a sufficient display to conclude the 212th Battalion, of course CW Obi leading the squad would be the nice touch to finish the display. If not, ROTS Obi is doing the job just fine.

There's still some much desired 501st out there though - Fives, Echo and Kix for sure. Def would be nice if they got the 212th going, finally. I just hope they'll make Waxer and Boil to go with the regular troopers.

Any one else's Cody feel loose? Especially the hand joints? I recently had to box it up. Just took it out to pose and he can't even keep his gun up (a guy's worst nightmare!)

You're in luck. Hot Toys will probably announce his new colors from Bad Batch season 2 soon for you to upgrade to:lol

I believe so as well at this point.

Though it’ll be a little annoying because the 212th will have the hash marks on the chest since they’ll be under ROTS but the 501st and Coruscant Guard don’t. :lol Even worse than the latter has very ROTS specific weathering.

Hopefully ROTS 20th will also finally give us Bly and Gree at least. Neyo and Bacara would be nice too. I’m hoping for a surprise like Clone Scouts or Galactic Marines as army builders, but not getting my hopes up because those take more work.

Back