1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WL aren?t held anymore. Someone may have jumped on it faster. I liked the old WL system before. Now it really is first to check out wins.

Yeah, I got an email saying just that yesterday. They may as well just put it back into general circulation the way it’s being done now. There’s probably hundreds of people on that wait list.

Yeah, I got an email saying just that yesterday. They may as well just put it back into general circulation the way it?s being done now. There?s probably hundreds of people on that wait list.

They sent an email out describing that change? I've not gotten one. Sideshow and another consumer-unfriendly practice, no surprise surprise there.

I don't see any of the qualms people have had with the fig. Been pleased with mine since I got him. I think he looks great; he looks more realistic than the CG in the movies lol.
ee5e36dffa04f6fcf2b34663fadc0f0d.jpg

They sent an email out describing that change? I've not gotten one. Sideshow and another consumer-unfriendly practice, no surprise surprise there.

No, I had to inquire as to why even though I have a green “add to cart” button going it still wouldn’t allow me to add it to my cart. I got directed to the change in policy. Very annoying.

I don't see any of the qualms people have had with the fig. Been pleased with mine since I got him. I think he looks great; he looks more realistic than the CG in the movies lol.
ee5e36dffa04f6fcf2b34663fadc0f0d.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Looking really good with Kenobi DioramaMaker. I wish that Cody came with a phase 1 helmet and I hope they release that General Kenobi figure.

I noticed you don't have lighting in your case. I don't either. Do you prefer it that way, as it looks alright to me.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Looking really good with Kenobi DioramaMaker. I wish that Cody came with a phase 1 helmet and I hope they release that General Kenobi figure.

I noticed you don't have lighting in your case. I don't either. Do you prefer it that way, as it looks alright to me.

Cheers.
Thanks man. I'd love for them to do a Tartakovsky inspired Kenobi. I like that look more than the cannon Clone Wars one.

Yeah I don't have lights. I'd like them, but right now it's a time commitment and cost I can't float. If I was going to do it, I'd want to go all out with aluminum angle mounts and such and not just put them in for the sake of doing it. My apartment fortunately has a strip of adjustable LED spotlights on the ceiling which I've been able to light up the shelves fairly well with. But they do cast shadows.

Thanks man. I'd love for them to do a Tartakovsky inspired Kenobi. I like that look more than the cannon Clone Wars one.
The Tartakovsky version of Clone Wars has some great characters indeed. I loved the Kenobi version, as well as the General and that one clone trooper that was going ape s*** trying to hold his position.

Yeah I don't have lights. I'd like them, but right now it's a time commitment and cost I can't float. If I was going to do it, I'd want to go all out with aluminum angle mounts and such and not just put them in for the sake of doing it. My apartment fortunately has a strip of adjustable LED spotlights on the ceiling which I've been able to light up the shelves fairly well with. But they do cast shadows.

In the end, just as long as we're happy brother. Looking forward to your final setup when it comes.

06601776-2FB4-4DA9-8A92-D586C59BE91B.jpg
Yay! Picture did not rotate on insertion! Cutting it on the iPhone slightly, before uploading, was enough.

Anyway, this figure is awesome! At first I felt a bit dissatisfied with it, but after futzing and posing it my views changed. This one is great! Hopefully HT continue to perfect the clone trooper suit for future releases. Fat suit makes it a bit of a pain to pose!

EDIT: removed all four previous rotated pictures that somehow followed as attachments.

No complaints from me about this one. I think he looks great. Glad I was finally able to snag one.

Attachments

• D2827FD9-9EC5-45C6-A09C-BBC7FEBFDC43.jpeg
    D2827FD9-9EC5-45C6-A09C-BBC7FEBFDC43.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • A8D1304F-E9E1-4EBF-87E7-3A7B92AF0F9E.jpeg
    A8D1304F-E9E1-4EBF-87E7-3A7B92AF0F9E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • 617D3237-FB47-46B0-A43B-62D302A63C6D.jpeg
    617D3237-FB47-46B0-A43B-62D302A63C6D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • 82F6955D-4941-4A8A-A4DA-D605D4DC23D7.jpeg
    82F6955D-4941-4A8A-A4DA-D605D4DC23D7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
Nice pics, I've grown to love him. The finicky nature of him soured me at first but he just has such a precense once you finally do get him posed up properly.
I avoided him because of all the bad press he initially got but after having him in hand he wasn’t as bad as expected to pose up.

I avoided him because of all the bad press he initially got but after having him in hand he wasn’t as bad as expected to pose up.

He got some bad flack in the beginning but I've loved him since Day 1, great figure and great presence. He looks great with Kenobi and Anakin.

He got some bad flack in the beginning but I've loved him since Day 1, great figure and great presence. He looks great with Kenobi and Anakin.
I expected to have all kinds of problems posing him but he’s just fine in that regard. If anyone doesn’t think so then just pick up a Sideshow clone or Jango then go back to the HT Cody. 😄

I expected to have all kinds of problems posing him but he’s just fine in that regard. If anyone doesn’t think so then just pick up a Sideshow clone or Jango then go back to the HT Cody. 😄

I love my Arc Trooper Echo and Fives..but I can't touch them or pose them in different ways because they're so damn fragile.

Back