Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like pretty much all of the blaster designs for this movie, but one thing that baffles me is why all of the Stormtrooper blasters have Surefire flashlight mounted to them. It seems like they could have dressed it up a little so it wasn't immediately recognizable.
170595bc6eb9d7b8108615ad286e43a9.png

The props in the OT and Rogue one are full of kit bashes, do you know all lightsabers are kit bashed?

The E-11 Blaster was directly converted from the L2A3 Sterling SMG, and the ones from Rogue One are converted from the L2A3 Sterling Airsoft Gun which has a kickback mechanic therefore the actors don't have to act out the recoil of the guns.

The props in the OT and Rogue one are full of kit bashes, do you know all lightsabers are kit bashed?

The E-11 Blaster was directly converted from the L2A3 Sterling SMG, and the ones from Rogue One are converted from the L2A3 Sterling Airsoft Gun which has a kickback mechanic therefore the actors don't have to act out the recoil of the guns.

Yes, I am well aware of how the props were built in the OT. In most cases, though there was a certain amount of dressing that they went through to make them appear slightly different from their real world counterparts. The surefire lights just jump out at me, that's all.

Thinking real hard about this one;lots of interesting details,and a nice contrast from the standard trooper...PS

Interesting prototype. Thanks for the post. My most hoped-for HT figure from RO is the AT-ACT driver. If that shot in the film corroborates the 3.75" Hasbro fig, then the drivers appear to be clean white versions of the shoretroopers, making them resemble redesigned scout troopers even more. I think they'd look wonderful in 1/6 and would only require a new paint app on HT's part.

Guess it was the armor coloring, and the quickness of the shot,but I thought they were just tank commanders.

Yes, I am well aware of how the props were built in the OT. In most cases, though there was a certain amount of dressing that they went through to make them appear slightly different from their real world counterparts. The surefire lights just jump out at me, that's all.

Haha that's one thing I immediately noticed too. It confused me why so many stormtroopers on different planets all of a sudden had Surefires for their weapons, when it's not in the OT. (Yes I know Surefire didn't exist back then)
It's a fun little touch but seems odd to include it.

These guys were my favorite troopers in RO. But the figure doesn't come with a grenade? Seems like a huge oversight considering what happened on screen.

Still waiting for my books to be here and got no luck researching it, the grenades they used seems to be a new design.

Grenades-Explosives_negwt.jpg

Pulled the trigger on this guy;he's different enough to make for some variety,as most of my other troops are black,white or both...PS

All three variants have been previewed even though the Captain is the only one available for PO as of now. The other two may be offered as a 2-Pack.

I wonder what is Hot Toy's direction with the Shoretroopers.

The grunts (no blue paint) are not available in single packs, I'm taking the Cosbabies as an example. Apparently they are trying make you spend more to troop build.

15590294_10154063736802344_6843994339707025408_n.jpg

So I'm guessing the regular grunt will not be released individually and it'll be with the Squad Leader as a two pack.

Historically speaking, almost every version of a Hot Toys trooper has been available standalone. The only exceptions would be the short version of the ANH and FO Stormtrooper figures.

I'm guessing the Shoretrooper Squad Leader and Shoretrooper will be available both separately and as a two pack with some sort of exclusive item.

My wife(who actually placed the order)informs me that this guy has been pushed back to March;figures...P

I ordered from sideshow and mine was pushed to March as well. :(

They would still look very cool in your collection, background fodder or not :wink1:

I agree I have a buddy like this who will be in ahh of a design want the figures black series/HT but if they don't get enough scream time he won't waste any money on buying them. I don't get it, if they are in the movie & look rad I want it. The royal guards are in it for less then a second and I want one. Lol

Back