Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

soooo i just bought a 4th BD Robocop and i think i'm the maddest now.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I still haven't gotten around to my second one yet - to set him up with the BD helmet like everyone else and his aunty did ages ago.

I still haven't gotten around to my second one yet - to set him up with the BD helmet like everyone else and his aunty did ages ago.
UNfxV2P.jpg

about accuracy.
i just watched Robocop and noticed that he misses his left kneepad completely.
i thought it was broken, but no. it's just not there, definitely on purpose.
i also thought before that he was fixing his leg with said kneepad, but that turned out to be some abstract instrument looking like what the terminator used to test his arm.
screens:

GsYbjcW.jpg

ePKkzy0.jpg

tU75fqd.jpg

=============

also his suit looks... not very good in R1. you can see rude brush patterns on metal or black parts, especially the chin guard, and in many close-ups it looks like carton with black fabric parts. in R2 they definitely spent a lot more money on the suit.

about accuracy.
i just watched Robocop and noticed that he misses his left kneepad completely.
i thought it was broken, but no. it's just not there, definitely on purpose.
i also thought before that he was fixing his leg with said kneepad, but that turned out to be some abstract instrument looking like what the terminator used to test his arm.
screens:

Preorder cancelled!

Preorder cancelled!
that post wasn't about inaccuracies, and it will be interesting to maybe 2-3 people on this forum, just ignore it.

I also noticed it was missing, when i saw it on video back in 1988. I also just assumed it doubled as an adjustment tool. Only with the advent of Blu-Ray, can it be seen to be a pair of pliers he's using. Well, i thought it was interesting. Also, when the guys are blowing up the street with the cannons, when Leon slaps the roof of the 6000 SUX, the interior mirror falls off.

looks like a cheap pair of pliers to me...........nothing abstract.

I browse many threads but hardly participate. I like this figure but would never be compelled to buy it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I browse many threads but hardly participate. I like this figure but would never be compelled to buy it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Go rewatch the remastered blu ray of the first movie and you’ll buy it in no time! This is easily one of the best HT figures ever made. :lol

i noticed. its very nice. id like to get it but i just wont be bothered. i like seeing other people having it i suppose.

also his suit looks... not very good in R1. you can see rude brush patterns on metal or black parts, especially the chin guard, and in many close-ups it looks like carton with black fabric parts. in R2 they definitely spent a lot more money on the suit.

You're not wrong about the R2 suit looking much higher-quality but the fabric sections are actually a design element apparently - dust covers for the joints.

picdump_catsmob_dot_com_01278_020.jpg

i didn't mean rubber joint covers. i meant shiny black plastic torso/shoulder zones in R2 that were bendy and looked like fabric in R1.
also i don't remember now if this picture originates from movie development process or is fanmade. because in second case it's not canon anyway.

They looked like rubber, as I'm pretty sure that's what they were. I prefered that matte look, personally, though I also like the glossy plastic look of the sequels. The only problem is when they changed the chin guard to that harder material it never quite fit right; it sometimes jutted out from Weller's chin.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

They looked like rubber, as I'm pretty sure that's what they were.
i returned to movies to see where i could see the fabric. got it.
he simply was in something like standart black shirt. then the rubber rings representing torso/shoulder covers. then "metal".
every time he stretched his hands too much, the shirt was seen. and in both R1 and R2, as i see now. i guess glossier black and metal of R2 simply took the attention away from those areas, so i thought they weren't there.
=========
in the end i like how inhuman, impossible HT Robocop's legs and arms joints look compared to the movie suit.

so... Robocop cannot hold his megacannon with two hands???
i cannot even achieve this pose!

s-l1600.jpg

:gah:

Back