Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

because both regular and BD robocop's butts stick to anything, not just to HT chair. the chair is not the problem, the "metal" paint is.

Oh, yeah? Didn´t know that and have no problem with it :)

Love that pic. I should have posed him in that pose when i had him but i sold him off to my eternal regret!

Regret no further, just get him back :)

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

003bbec8d6f841f88ea6a1ff6bb880c9.jpg

Love this Robocop set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this set... LOVE IT!

Quick question for those who have it- Does Robo's left thigh have a bit of a side-to-side "wobble" inside the leg armor? Mine seems to. I tucked a little bit of paper between one side of the knee and the inside of the armor to eliminate it, but I just wasn't sure if this was a common issue with an easy fix.

Thanks!

Sallah

Just got this set... LOVE IT!

Quick question for those who have it- Does Robo's left thigh have a bit of a side-to-side "wobble" inside the leg armor? Mine seems to. I tucked a little bit of paper between one side of the knee and the inside of the armor to eliminate it, but I just wasn't sure if this was a common issue with an easy fix.

Thanks!

Sallah
The knees are designed to have a very slight swivel or pivot to achieve better balance/possibility. It shouldn't "wobble" though. Perhaps it's loose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The knees are designed to have a very slight swivel or pivot to achieve better balance/possibility. It shouldn't "wobble" though. Perhaps it's loose.

Thanks for the reply! It definitely has more movement than the other leg, and more than the same knee on the "clean" diecast version. It is like you can shift the thigh left to right inside the armor.

Is it possible to take the leg apart ot see if maybe something has come loose inside there?

Thanks!

Sallah

Sorry, afraid I can't speak to whether that's possible. Is it negatively impacting his balance, or does he still stand okay when you pose him?

I've always wanted this set but pricing and other releases have redirected my funds away from it.

Perhaps some day...

I've always wanted this set but pricing and other releases have redirected my funds away from it.

Perhaps some day...

Me too, there was a deal at Popcultcha recently for under $400; which seemed good. What's considered a "good deal" for this set?

Under $400 total with shipping.

I was able to get it for $380 MISB with free shipping back when it was released.

...and worth every penny. The Murphy sculpt I would argue is one of Hot Toys top 10 headsculpts.

Perhaps some day...

I got a really good deal from Loontentoys on Ebay. I bought Robo in chair, and this two-pack from him and he did me a great deal. It was $760 shipped for both. If he(Or other Ebay sellers), have stock that is stagnating, might be worth asking them for a holiday deal.

I'm on a very strict budget, but got the chair version just over a year ago when it went on sale over here in the uk. Would love a BD Robo, but certainly can't afford another set. The chair version did come with the BD chest plate, so that's useful to change up the display, but is anyone aware of a KO unhelmeted sculpt that might not be so wallet draining?

I'm on a very strict budget, but got the chair version just over a year ago when it went on sale over here in the uk. Would love a BD Robo, but certainly can't afford another set. The chair version did come with the BD chest plate, so that's useful to change up the display, but is anyone aware of a KO unhelmeted sculpt that might not be so wallet draining?

There's no such thing, unfortunately.
Those are rare.
Even the Alex Murphy heads aren't cheap. I have three and i think they cost $90 apiece.
My proposed total lineup(All pretty much still in the box right now), is Alex Murphy(In what he arrives at the station wearing. I have a costume ready to go when i get around to it), Officer Alex Murphy, Robo in chair, Pristine "first night" Robo, OCP Tower fight Robo(A BD Robo, but wearing a spare, repainted helmeted sculpt), and full on helmet-less Robo.
It took ages to accrue all the figures, but i wanted all the looks.
If i could get just the torso, i'd also put together one of his under construction(I like to imagine him on the bench during the "office party" but without arms and legs, plugged into a computer with bunches of wires).

Alex Murphy(In what he arrives at the station wearing. I have a costume ready to go when i get around to it)
what did you get for that costume???
sadly i simply bought a jeans/shirt set from ebay, works ok for now but definitely isn't accurate.

4v7uNHQ.jpg

what did you get for that costume???
sadly i simply bought a jeans/shirt set from ebay, works ok for now but definitely isn't accurate.

I strung together a "lookalike" costume from parts at TA or MD(I can't remember which), but the shirt i got was a white one, and i used a set of fabric markers to replicate the bizarre 80's pattern from screengrabs of him arriving at the front desk of the station.
Great setup, by the way. I love your display.

huh, i thought he had a black shirt. anyway, i won't make any customs, too lazy :)
thanks. it's half of the display :)

No second Officer uniform, all blown apart, missing arm, bullet hole in the head? That was an important "look" too you know!

No second Officer uniform, all blown apart, missing arm, bullet hole in the head? That was an important "look" too you know!
it's impossible to achieve with current face expression and meaningless without a Boddicker figure.

Sweet! Post more pics then, lol.
i didn't make any good pictures. so i'm ashamed to post any until i learn how to do that. posted an overall look a while ago, that one's from that post.

Here's his shirt:

Murphy.jpg
:slap i finally understood why you took a white shirt - to draw on it. would be impossible on a black one.

Cool display. It's a real shame Hot Toys never made a Lewis... Even if I understand why.

Back