Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I kick myself for not buying it twice when it came out so I'm unable to console you on this one. You are missing out. I rarely praise Hot Toys these days but this set is damn near perfect.

Same, HT never make any figures I'm interested in anymore but when they did they made some top figs like Robo & Murphy. I wish a company would make Lewis or some of the bad guys like Boddicker & D!ck Jones.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Same, HT never make any figures I'm interested in anymore but when they did they made some top figs like Robo & Murphy. I wish a company would make Lewis or some of the bad guys like Boddicker & D!ck Jones.
I badly need a Lewis. Even though RoboCop is my favourite film, I'm not sure I would buy villains--perhaps Boddicker only--but I would buy Lewis on a second.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I would Buy a Lewis and a Clarence Boddicker. He is such a mean sadistic and quotable villain. Kurtwood Smith owned that role.

I kick myself for not buying it twice when it came out so I'm unable to console you on this one. You are missing out. I rarely praise Hot Toys these days but this set is damn near perfect.
I might end up shelling out one of these days. We’ll see.

387F7127-8D19-4457-91B4-027F465A5782.jpg

Anyone have or know where I can get a spare Alex Murphy? I have the clean and BD Robo but I really want to complete the trio.

Make sure to check out my Instagram horror_fiend_collector
IMG_20200603_133958.jpg

I've been looking for this figure on the second market but can't find it any cheaper than about $650+Tax.

What is the most any of you would pay for this set?

I've been looking for this figure on the second market but can't find it any cheaper than about $650+Tax.

For just BD Robo by himself?

I personally wouldn't go over $300. That's nuts. I got the BD Robocop and Murphy two pack for like $400 something back in the day from Popcultcha. Paying more than that for ONE figure is crazy.

Ultimately it's up to you and how bad you want it. I really can't believe Hot Toys never took advantage of having the likeness and didn't do a Robocop 2 Robocop, a combination of this BD Murphy head + plus the regular figure, done up in the blue color armor. Huge missed opportunity.

For just BD Robo by himself?

I personally wouldn't go over $300. That's nuts. I got the BD Robocop and Murphy two pack for like $400 something back in the day from Popcultcha. Paying more than that for ONE figure is crazy.

Ultimately it's up to you and how bad you want it. I really can't believe Hot Toys never took advantage of having the likeness and didn't do a Robocop 2 Robocop, a combination of this BD Murphy head + plus the regular figure, done up in the blue color armor. Huge missed opportunity.

Sorry, I meant the two pack. I've been trying to find them but ebay has been wild. I haven't had much luck on forums either.

It is a missed opportunity. It's been hard to find good collectibles that aren't Disney/Marvel anymore these days when it comes to Hot Toys unfortunately.

It is a missed opportunity. It's been hard to find good collectibles that aren't Disney/Marvel anymore these days when it comes to Hot Toys unfortunately.

Yeah it sucks.

Hot Toys is dumb. They're sitting on mold and tooling that is already done for the figure. They'll repaint a Mickey Rourke Whiplash, something nobody really wants or asked for and yet something as popular as Robocop they just sit on.

Soooo many people missed out on that first version and the damaged Robocop. They could easily just combine the clean body of the MMS 202 and alternate Murphy head of the MMS 265. Drop the diecast and electronic remote features, add in the Cobra Assault rifle (even if it isn't the same exact one he uses in 1 when he fights CAIN), repaint him, boom, done.

501-robocop.jpg

People that missed out have a regular Robocop w/ unmasked look and people that already have it now have a variation they can buy.

Yeah it sucks.

Hot Toys is dumb. They're sitting on mold and tooling that is already done for the figure. They'll repaint a Mickey Rourke Whiplash, something nobody really wants or asked for and yet something as popular as Robocop they just sit on.

Soooo many people missed out on that first version and the damaged Robocop. They could easily just combine the clean body of the MMS 202 and alternate Murphy head of the MMS 265. Drop the diecast and electronic remote features, add in the Cobra Assault rifle (even if it isn't the same exact one he uses in 1 when he fights CAIN), repaint him, boom, done.

501-robocop.jpg

People that missed out have a regular Robocop w/ unmasked look and people that already have it now have a variation they can buy.

Agreed dude.

That BD Robocop is dope. I love the Murphy figure as well. I have the diecast RC with chair but I'd just love to have that 2 pack to feel complete. I'm just hoping I can find something around or below $600 at this rate if im super lucky. Most listings I see for the set are $675 (the cheapest I've seen but is located in Japan and apparently aren't shipping to USA right now bc covid?) and as high as $850. As much as I want the set I can't justify paying almost $1000 after taxes for it. It's really a shame I let this one pass me by - but at the time I was tight on cash.

That BD Robocop is dope. I love the Murphy figure as well. I have the diecast RC with chair but I'd just love to have that 2 pack to feel complete. I'm just hoping I can find something around or below $600 at this rate if im super lucky. Most listings I see for the set are $675 (the cheapest I've seen but is located in Japan and apparently aren't shipping to USA right now bc covid?) and as high as $850. As much as I want the set I can't justify paying almost $1000 after taxes for it. It's really a shame I let this one pass me by - but at the time I was tight on cash.

Just be patient and keep looking. You'll find a set I'm sure.

And yeah I feel you. A couple of years ago I wished I had picked up another set of the two-pack, but now in retrospect, I'm happy to have atleast gotten one.

I would pay any amount for an Anne Lewis figure, but I also recognize that any given Marvel figure is going to sell better than Anne Lewis, so the chances are probably zero.

I know there's a few Lewis custom heads out there (of varying quality), but the customs I've seen (undersrandably) use Murphy's body armour, which doesn't quite cut the mustard as it tailored for a bigger body.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I feel really lucky to have gotten both sets for very reasonably priced. Back when eBay was doing 20% off coupons here and there (and no sales tax), I got the Mechanical chair set for $250ish shipped from there, and BBTS had the BD 2 pack for $440 with $100 bonus credit, so turned out to be $340! That was in 2018, not even that long ago. That set must have stayed in stock a while there.

Just be patient and keep looking. You'll find a set I'm sure.

And yeah I feel you. A couple of years ago I wished I had picked up another set of the two-pack, but now in retrospect, I'm happy to have atleast gotten one.

Thank you dude, I'm hoping! If you ever see anything out there for a reasonable price please send me a message on here or on instagram if you have that!

I feel really lucky to have gotten both sets for very reasonably priced. Back when eBay was doing 20% off coupons here and there (and no sales tax), I got the Mechanical chair set for $250ish shipped from there, and BBTS had the BD 2 pack for $440 with $100 bonus credit, so turned out to be $340! That was in 2018, not even that long ago. That set must have stayed in stock a while there.

Wowwwww what a deal! Yeah the set did sit for a while from what I've heard. The situation with this set seems to be similar to the Sideshow Exclusive Darkside Anakin Hot toys figure that sat around forever, and went on sale a a few times. Once it went out of stock people for some reason went into a frenzy over the figure and the price skyrocketed (I do have him and got him on sale hes a great piece). I remember the other groups I belong to had people going nuts about it going upwards of $650-$750+.

Toys Buying Agent had this not that long ago, it?s out of stock now, and I?m pretty sure it was under your asking price. Maybe keep an eye on their website or better yet contact them.

This set is awesome and I would pay that price in a heartbeat if I didn?t have it. I was also lucky to pick this up in a Popcultcha sale when I first started collecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with Hot Toys taking on Robocop 2 (moot discussion anyway since we know they aren't interested in older properties anymore) is that 2's distinguishing characteristic is the colour of Robocop and when they never got his colour right for the first movie who's to say they'd get it right for the second one?....and even if they did it'd be kinda frustrating at the same time because the first movie is really where it's at with Robocop and the colour of that figure is way off.

I have a new in box for the BD rob and MIB for the 2 pack if anyones still looking for one

Back