Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

There's a speaker underneath the chest plate? Is that just a reused mold from the diecast one? I have yet to see if my diecast version even works.

Yeah, the speaker is underneath on the Diecast reg too. It's just a reused mold.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Yeah, the speaker is underneath on the Diecast reg too. It's just a reused mold.

I figured, since they look like duplicates aside from the obvious stuff. I still haven't tested my diecast's audio yet, and I've had it since release. I do have batteries in my ED for his horrible Engrish.

I tested mine the day I opened it just to be safe. He sounded pretty cool

Took them out immediately after and haven't tried it again.

I do have quite a few with batteries still in them, I really should yank them out in case they bleed.

I put battery's in when I first got mine, left them in for a couple of months then took them out, I really liked the quality of the voice feature, I would have liked to see this version with it to, if only to add some new lines, "I'm not arresting you anymore" and so on.

Yeah, new lines for Damaged Robo would have been cool.

"**** Jones is wanted for murder"
". . . Murphy"

I'd want to hear "Thank you!" and "Murphy" :lol

Now that I think about it, I've had the watch batteries in my two Albert Wesker heads since I got them... and that's about 5 years ago :pow

"BD Robocop in tha house!!!” We’ll actually "BD Robocop in tha office”!!! I know what Im doing when I get home today….and after that I’ll open my figure!
When your a guy like me who only gets one or two figures a year….these moments are magical!!

Would have liked some PERS for this release.

That would of ruined it.

That would of ruined it.

I'm with you on that, this sculpt is one of hot toys finest works, I'm afraid pers would have taken away from that, yeah it adds posing options but takes away realism so I'm good without it myself.

"BD Robocop in tha house!!!” We’ll actually "BD Robocop in tha office”!!! I know what Im doing when I get home today….and after that I’ll open my figure!
When your a guy like me who only gets one or two figures a year….these moments are magical!!

I know you've been really looking forward to this, man. Congrats. :duff

I tested mine the day I opened it just to be safe. He sounded pretty cool

I never even tested mine. Nor have I tested ED.

I do have quite a few with batteries still in them, I really should yank them out in case they bleed.

Indeed.

What does it say when a guy (me) only gets one or two figures a year and when you do your a little underwhelmed? Maybe I started collecting HT when I was treated with so many DX figures (Sparrow, Indy, DK Joker, JN Joker, DX 10 & DX13) all foam insert, beautiful passages and accessories. Tech Noirs and T-1000 coming with so much all for $170 - $230. BD Robocop is a fantastic figure, just amazing and beautiful and I am so please I own it, however I feel it is nowhere near the $300US ($390CAN) asking price. I just don't see that money in it. And thats where I feel a little turned off. I was looking at my other DX's in my collection and I felt that BD Robocop would have been that much better as a DX. There is a lot of "life" in those DX eyes that would have exceled this figure even more.

BD Robocop is a beautiful figure which makes it the best candidate to say no matter what figure you buy your never ever going to get "your bang for your buck"!!!
Not sure if others feel this way.

Here are some quick images using the regular head (both helmets and all four mouth pieces I bought last December) enjoy.

Picking on the BD one this weekend, can't wait.

Looks like I'll get mine at the end of next week from SS.

Back