Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Tell me about it. Good luck selling if there is "shipping scrapes" on the damn shipping box. If ever I sell, I totally have to put that there is slight scuffing to the shipment box.

I bought it at retail from China and I'm switching out my case so if I can get one great, if not I've stored them before without the shipper.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Just unboxed mine, holy **** it's a great set. Definitely figures of the year.

Mines been stuck in Chinese customs for over a week, contacted Loontentoys and he told me it's been resolved and been given a new tracking number. Not sure if that means he's sent another set or not, but the wait is killing me!!!!!

Tell me about it. Good luck selling if there is "shipping scrapes" on the damn shipping box. If ever I sell, I totally have to put that there is slight scuffing to the shipment box.

I bought it at retail from China and I'm switching out my case so if I can get one great, if not I've stored them before without the shipper.

For some people figure without shipping box is useless.

To some people figure without shipping box is useless.

Yeah I never understood that. I've actually been able to get things below cost because of it. It's really the same thing in the end.

Maybe I'm just not as hardcore as others.

"Nice shooting, son. What's your name?"

"Murphy."

GjIpX09.jpg

gVyPxd1.jpg

X4dNX0R.jpg

3c7jLeT.jpg

W4veKxC.jpg

ow3FZ2f.jpg

QYSVVuY.jpg

r3iUtHu.jpg

vj0omGW.jpg

Nu3Q4uY.jpg

QeOXzYK.jpg

pj1mFIx.jpg

XfpqYBu.jpg

I'm literally blown away by the BD sculpt.

Thanks, Keith! Are you getting them too?

Man, that bd sculpt is epic

Such an incredible figure!! The only issue (and I'm not really sure if it's an issue) is something I wanted to ask collectors here.

With the lower neck piece that sits in the top of the chest, mine only goes down as far as in the pic. If I try to tilt it down any further, something stops is in the chest. So I dont want to force it.

But with the head attached the way it is, and even tiliting this far forward, the figure still seems to have a more "looking up" feel to it, where as I would prefer his head tilted down more so that he's more looking straight.

Any ideas?

If anyone is planning to keep Murphy's hair boxed up and never display it, I'd be interested in buying one. Just the hair! Let me know!

I shouldn't have to rely on lighting trickery for my figures to look good.

Yeah but the thing is, Robo itself is kind of pearlescent in the film, and it has always been changing colour according to light and angle.... my observation that it is said to be made in mainly titanium, the HT Robo is not dark enough to present titanium colour, I agree, but the blue/purple tone should be shown according to lighting, and to me, I'm pretty happy with that... [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I'm new to the forum, I spent almost 2 weeks to read the thread (still, only most[emoji16]) want to express a few of my own opinion to the figure:
1) Colour - I'm disappointed by its "Silver Tone" too, but to me, HT Robo carries the magical pearlescent purple tone that changes from angle to angle, i'd still say it is to some standard "movie accurate", not 100%, but definitely not enough to put a "General Robo Fan" like myself to moan like feeling cheated... Certainly, the proto is way better, but I'm still happy to have this end product as its by far the best Robo figure i've seen (yes, i've seen the EB Robo in person too)
2) the hand - some of you brothers said you prefer a gun grip hand than the full articulated hand, not for me... Firstly, I have no problem at all with him holding the gun, it's not the easiest thing to do on the planet, but if you be patience, you'll be surprised by how well it hold the gun... If anyone suffers, I suggest you to step back, grab a toy gun yourself and watch how your fingers are placed, and try to pose Robo's hand as yours, you'll be surprised; secondly, Robo did somehow posed his hand opened differently in the movie, so with a fully articulated hand, I can foresee playing it around with much more pose... If I could ask, i'd rather swap for a gun grip hand with the fist, I hardly see Robo hold his fist in the movie...
3) The docking chair - I do think it is a bargain, yes it's more or less USD100 (much the same price difference here in HK too), it sound expensive, I thought i'd go for the regular version too, but almost immediately, I decided to go for the chair too... It's a necessary equipment in the movie, no space? Me too, but I can certainly keep it in the box if I don't want to show it... But this is one piece of movie memorabilia that you will never going to be able to get it separately 10 years on... 28 years on from the movie, we went this far to pay this amount for a piece of display, an extra USD100 for that chair should sounds trivial, at least, it applies to me...
4) the stand ~ unnecessary, I appreciate the beautiful shinny stand, but if it's scratch-able, why is it even introduced in the first place?
5) finally, the thigh hoister - no excuse for this one, although the NECA one is a fixed and swap version that shouldn't be compare with the HT's movable one, this hoister is a bit lack of passion for HT, I couldn't understand why wouldn't they get it more the way the movie articulated when they have already came that far... I wouldn't say it's easy, but I couldn't imagine it's impossible while they have done so much to make it looks what it is now...

But overall, I would rate this Robo pretty high, and I am sure I will not be sorry for paying this much for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that bd sculpt is epic

It certainly is. It looks like they took a mold of him when he was wearing the makeup and shrunk it down. It's probably the most "human" looking figure they've ever done. And undoubtedly the closest likeness of the company's history.

If anyone is planning to keep Murphy's hair boxed up and never display it, I'd be interested in buying one. Just the hair! Let me know!

I'm too afraid to leave the helmet on mine since I worry about the chin strap bleeding on his face.

Yeah but the thing is, Robo itself is kind of pearlescent in the film, and it has always been changing colour according to light and angle.... my observation that it is said to be made in mainly titanium, the HT Robo is not dark enough to present titanium colour, I agree, but the blue/purple tone should be shown according to lighting, and to me, I'm pretty happy with that... [emoji1]

It's not even close. A pearl paintjob doesn't change the fact the base colour is well off. We should never be satisfied with mediocrity. Their proto had it down pat.

Hey all, I posted earlier today a question on how far forward people can actually tilt their Battle Damaged Robocop head/neck. Too hard to show in a series of pics, so just filmed a quick vid showing where it stops for me when tilting forward.

If you guys could check and see if yours are the same, that would be great! But if there's something wrong with mine, it'd be good to know! Thanks!

Hey all, I posted earlier today a question on how far forward people can actually tilt their Battle Damaged Robocop head/neck. Too hard to show in a series of pics, so just filmed a quick vid showing where it stops for me when tilting forward.

If you guys could check and see if yours are the same, that would be great! But if there's something wrong with mine, it'd be good to know! Thanks!

My head goes a little further down than yours, but I didn't check to see the limit of it out of fear of breaking.

There's a speaker underneath the chest plate? Is that just a reused mold from the diecast one? I have yet to see if my diecast version even works.

Yeah buddy, just waiting on SSC :impatient:

Nice. Figures of the year for me.

Last edited:

My head goes a little further down than yours, but I didn't check to see the limit of it out of fear of breaking.

There's a speaker underneath the chest plate? Is that just reused mold from the diecast one? I have yet to see if my diecast version if works.

Nice. Figures of the year for me.

Yeah man, it definitely looks like HT nailed this one perfectly. I'm looking forward to it :hi5:

I ordered the single version this morning from bbts, I can't wait for this, the most photorealistic figure hot toys have ever produced, home run and easily will be FOTY, only gripe is the price, a little steep for a all plastic single figure, value is better for the 2 pack though.

Back