1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, looks like a little person there. Great work. DX07 was a amazing piece. And so long ago.

DX07 is still amazing; better than some current releases. And like Bo, if I pull the trigger that's where the R2 will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting Joost's service corridor and the plan is for this R2 to go in there. I'm hoping for a cool effect when the red led light shines off the metal dome.

Im ordering soon- hoping that my TFA Luke will come with a 20 dollar sticker on him next week.

My HT T-600 came with two bases. The concept and the grate. If I make the purchase I plan to use the grate base for my R2. I think it will look effective...

T600_concept_ver_01.jpg
T4_T600actionfigure_01.jpg

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want this R2... but I just know HT will make an OT version. I got to fight the urge.

I know how you feel. I am on the same boat. Personally for me owning a OT R2 would feel more authentic. Owning the TFA feels like I am "pretending"!!

But then again how much more would a OT R2 be with all the exposed gadgets? It would be nice to know its there and I own it but would I display R2 all open and exposed....most likely no.

Yeah, I buy this R2 saying I'm set, don't need another... then a year from now HT shows the OT R2... and I'm like well got to get that. And lo and behold I end up with another HT R2.

Well, I haven't preordered and don't plan to. But... if I can pick this up for $40 or so less on ebay in the next three months I might go for it. Pending further in hand reviews from you all.

I know how you feel. I am on the same boat. Personally for me owning a OT R2 would feel more authentic. Owning the TFA feels like I am "pretending"!!

But then again how much more would a OT R2 be with all the exposed gadgets? It would be nice to know its there and I own it but would I display R2 all open and exposed....most likely no.

I'm waiting for an OT R2. I like those multi colored lights on his logic boards better than these blue and white ones.

Well, HT still hasn't done the official OT 3PO or R2 yet... surprising, as that seems like the stand-alone duo for ANH. And its taking so long to deliver on 3PO I fear the wait for their OT versions might be years away.

I'd love Jack Bauer to pop in right about now and drop a nugget

#NotAEuphemism

I'd love Jack Bauer to pop in right about now and drop a nugget

#NotAEuphemism

He'd say wait. He's not going to say "get this R2 because I know for a fact HT won't make any others". HT is going to make an R2 from every film if they can, if the little guy sells well. If not, they'll at least make a generic OT R2, and a generic PT R2, a TLJ R2 and an Ep. 9 R2.

And let's not talk about the R2-D2 spin-off movie.

I heard that Artoo's dialogue is even worse than the Episode II Obi-Wan/Anakin dialogue.

Even it the movie is two hours and R2s lines consist of monotone beeping while he sits in a corner it would still be better dialogue than AOTC. :lol

Back