1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have an issue with the sound effect function?
The light-up function is working fine but the sound effects have stopped working from one day to the next without any particular reason.
It's not a battery issue since the red light on the remote lights up when I push the button.
Bummer...

I saw the Sphero R2 and looks very well made. A little bigger than HT too and functions a lot more than any R2 ever released. I wonder if it'll look better next to figures? It's 17CM=6.6" I believe.

That's what she said

oooops. Sorry.

J377KnI.jpg

Even if the Sphero is the same size as the HT I think I'd get it. Way more value at $40 less.

Hopefully it's an accurate sculpt and just needs some weathering.

yeah the sphero is very cool.

But I value more this HT one...

Here is a pic by 17checkitout on instagram:

IMG_3456.JPG

Yeah, after BB-8 I really don't need to be an early adopter on that one. I think after I got the Hot Toys BB-8 I sold the sphero and it was worth less than half the original price.

I bought bb8 around black friday last year for $75 I think. So next Christmas R2 will be cheap which suits me just fine.

The sphero has screw holes everywhere, the detailing is soft and the paint spare. It looks a fun toy, designed to actually drive around on your desk or floor - but I wouldn't buy it as a high-end replacement for the HT.

The sphero version is almost exactly the same size as the Sideshow one. There are 2 screw holes in the bottom (one can be seen when looking at him straight on), and three little ones on each of the foot battery compartments. With a repaint, or at least a bit of added weathering, it would look great. Out of the box, because of his ultra-cleanness, he looks more toy-like. (Of course, sphero will likely come out with a "dirty-look" R2 like they did for BB-8 one year after initial release.) Coin slots are terrible, however, but the little guy is great fun.

I still have not pulled the trigger to purchase but if I do I know exactly where R2 D2 would go!!

Attachments

• IMG_4103.JPG
    IMG_4103.JPG
    595.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4103.JPG
    IMG_4103.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 167
Back