Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The 800 series had no teeth. We spotted them easy."

ecb9b71e-0102-4a38-afa7-bf58b7af087b_zpsqhypizmx.jpg
looks exactly like...

Wat8.jpg

Took my endo down to clean him. I don't keep him in a case. Just have him sitting on top of my bookshelf. In the middle of giving him a polish I decided I was sick of looking at horse teeth and a skinny head. Popped the jaw off, and removed the teeth. Going to make a mold, cast a second set of choppers and mod them to be the right size, and have the Arnie gap. Gonna widen the jaw a little to try to at least make it look more like the T1 endo. Also, I pinned the thumbs, so now they articulate and he can make an actual fist.

If the teeth turn out okay I may offer them for the people that want to replace theirs. Removing them is pretty simple, but I'd probably make a video tutorial to go along with the new teeth anyway.

That should make him just about perfect. It was the skinny head and horse teeth that made me sell mine.

That should make him just about perfect. It was the skinny head and horse teeth that made me sell mine.

As they will me aswell at some point. I think I've owned it long enough to know that I just don't like it. And I've run through every possible pose and display angle that nothing really makes it ''fresh'' anymore.

I don't blame you, I had doubts about that sentence myself as I knew it relied heavily on the last sentence in Patriot666's post.

I appreciate that you wanted to understand what I said :lol :)

I don't blame you, I had doubts about that sentence myself as I knew it relied heavily on the last sentence in Patriot666's post.

I appreciate that you wanted to understand what I said :lol :)

Hahaha! Yeah, you usually make some very good points.:lecture
So when something is above my understanding, I think it's best that I figure that stuff out..... quick! :panic::lol

I feel partly the same, it's a pity they used the SS endo skull for reference instead of the movie prop - but that's HT all over. Until a better 1/4 scale posable figure comes along this is it for me.

Still think it's a cool figure. Interested to see the mods.

"The 800 series had no teeth. We spotted them easy."

eff43453-037b-46e5-b126-a9b297231569_zps6smvv38g.jpg

ecb9b71e-0102-4a38-afa7-bf58b7af087b_zpsqhypizmx.jpg

914f664a-1d7b-4d4c-ac17-83e533c327a7_zpsbf6js90q.jpg

Took my endo down to clean him. I don't keep him in a case. Just have him sitting on top of my bookshelf. In the middle of giving him a polish I decided I was sick of looking at horse teeth and a skinny head. Popped the jaw off, and removed the teeth. Going to make a mold, cast a second set of choppers and mod them to be the right size, and have the Arnie gap. Gonna widen the jaw a little to try to at least make it look more like the T1 endo. Also, I pinned the thumbs, so now they articulate and he can make an actual fist.

If the teeth turn out okay I may offer them for the people that want to replace theirs. Removing them is pretty simple, but I'd probably make a video tutorial to go along with the new teeth anyway.

Actually, I think the most serious problem is the eye ball and teeth, you will see the big difference after modify it, I keep on modify my endo too, lets see what happened after mod the eye ball.....

DSC0088901.jpg

DSC0090801.jpg

DSC0089001.jpg

DSC0089701.jpg

DSC0089801.jpg

DSC0089201.jpg

DSC0092801.jpg

DSC0092701.jpg

DSC0092601.jpg

DSC0092501.jpg

Guyver,
Those neck rods look great.

Alice
Great work on the teeth.
Count le in if you do some copies.
How are you gonna widen the jaw?

How are you gonna widen the jaw?

I was thinking of making spacers for the jaw connectors. Probably the simplest solution.

GuyverCat, exactly how far have you disassembled the head? Wondering how to get the battery compartment out so I can disassemble it fully.

So far I've made copies of the teeth. Popped in the bottom row and shaved them down just so see what size I should be shooting for. Also, temporarily widened the jaw.

Since the teeth on the original skull actually looked as is they were inserted into the maxilla and mandible just like a human skull, I was thinking of casting the jaw and front piece of the skull (if I can figure out how to get it apart without damage) and sculpting them properly as opposed to the kind of "lip" HT has going on there.

bb23dc48-769a-475a-9d7a-4dba92436220_zpsekyu2xkm.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of making spacers for the jaw connectors. Probably the simplest solution.

GuyverCat, exactly how far have you disassembled the head? Wondering how to get the battery compartment out so I can disassemble it fully.

So far I've made copies of the teeth. Popped in the bottom row and shaved them down just so see what size I should be shooting for. Also, temporarily widened the jaw.

Since the teeth on the original skull actually looked as is they were inserted into the maxilla and mandible just like a human skull, I was thinking of casting the jaw and front piece of the skull (if I can figure out how to get it apart without damage) and sculpting them properly as opposed to the kind of "lip" HT has going on there.

bb23dc48-769a-475a-9d7a-4dba92436220_zpsekyu2xkm.jpg

That's look much better after adjusted the teeth and jaw.....
The skull can be force disassembled cause it just stick together by used a bit adhesives, no need to worry about damage, the ductility of all parts allow it have limited extension. You can follow the post from Gigerfan on Page.264 for reference, I follow that post to disassemble my endo skull also.

The skull look like the 1/6 endo from HT, the shape of skull is correct but how come Chronicle make it so thin?? or just because the angle of photography??

Back