Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
create one's own customized endoskeleton

htes01.jpg

htes02.jpg

htes03.jpg

htes05.jpg

htes06.jpg

htes07.jpg

torso insides are detailed and visible now instead of being plainly covered. wow. :clap

(for anybody who won't notice it - make this picture lighter

attachment.php

investigate the torso insides and compare it to HT vision -

901926-the-terminator-endoskeleton-007.jpg

sorry i cannot find a good still of a movie skeleton to show how much good work was done on that custom, but that's how it should have been to be called "accurate" and $400 worth)

oh no, i found one good enough to at least see the intricacy.

tumblr_inline_mzt7cbCW7Z1sobcge.jpg

if you're heavily customising details and even shapes anyway, can you give him a round back instead of that stupid flat one? probably that level of reshaping is not possible.

attachment.php
t-800_back.jpg~original

Thanks for looking!

I scoop it out by a small slotted screwdriver and take it off
IMG_0771.jpg

I can divide it back and forth when I take off three screws
IMG_0770.jpg

I scoop it out from the inside and take it off
The adhesive is not powerful
IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0775.jpg

Shoulder width is 8.0 mm each on the left and right
The neck is shortened to 6.0 mm
Shoulder piston is correcting length

htes021.jpg

I want to get a unified sense of the 1/4 series
Customize the base in the ENTERBAY style

htes022.jpg
htes023.jpg
htes024.jpg
htes025.jpg
htes026.jpg

Quite an ambitious undertaking there. Neck shorter, more gooder. The proportions are all over the place on this thing,

Curious how you went about the additional spinal section in the torso. Best idea I can come up with is recasting the larger vertebra in the neck and creating the addition. Also, I'm assuming you lost some articulation in the shoulders in doing so. I was trying to come up with a way to do what you've done with the shoulder width, but haven't thought of anything without losing some articulation.

did the hydraulic pistons have those oil tubes from the beginning or did you add them, too?
all in all - what you do is what HT engineers should have done to sell it as "an accurate movie skeleton" and not die from shame.

then it's only the second time of all my time on this forum when i see somebody adding them. :clap

Curious how you went about the additional spinal section in the torso. Best idea I can come up with is recasting the larger vertebra in the neck and creating the addition. Also, I'm assuming you lost some articulation in the shoulders in doing so. I was trying to come up with a way to do what you've done with the shoulder width, but haven't thought of anything without losing some articulation.

IMG_0807.jpg

I will produce the spinal cord

Take a mold with "Oyumaru"
Duplicate with resin

Cover the surface of the parts copied with "Mirror finish"
We also use it for repairing parts where plating has disappeared by cutting

img014.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

The clavicle and back piston were newly produced according to the shoulder width

IMG_0792.jpg

so I took a stab at the chest cavity modification. I didn't want to tackle the neck mod. I think just doing the chest cavity mod still makes a huge difference. still need to position the chest piston. they are just sitting inside at the moment.

IMG_1326.jpgIMG_1327.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    669.6 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Back