Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quarter scale...WOW. Gonna put NECA out of business.

:slap

Not gonna happen.

The HIGH price point of these is going to put them in a different catagory than what NECA aims for.

You won't be picking these up at a Toys R Us for under $60.

So, plan on paying far out the ass, and hoping you get in on the pre-order, for a 1:4 Hot Toys Pred.

I would have been happier if they made this announcement a year ago, before prices got out of hand. At $250 each, don't think I will be getting into the 1/6. At $399+ for 1/4 scale, I wont even dream it....

After Enterbay announced and released 1/4 figures, we're gonna do it to everything too!
Fixed!!

On a serious note, 1/4 Predators sound like they can drop in some amazing detail. The big NECA ones are already pretty sexy.

And I should add that I think it is great that some like yourself and hicks can still enjoy the older figures for what they are even when "updated" versions are released. Certainly, newer versions don't always mean "better" versions to everyone, and there is always going to be a certain charm to some of those older releases that first attracted folks to them, even if they are technically inferior in terms of representing source material.

I'm thinking I'd keep my older P2s as part of the 'history' of toys of that character. Outside of P1 and P2 though sadly I think I'll have to let go both so as to recoup some money now and also to avoid future expenditure (no point in buying x character in the future since I sold y character of the past etc)

^ based on that, the thing I'm curious about the 1:4 figures are how well they'll sell. The 1:6th's are already well above $200 and that's already making a lot of collectors cautious. Also, space starts becoming an issue with these bigger figures. I'm not on board yet, but I'll wait and see

I have no interest in having something as big and as expensive as a 1/4 scale HT Predator, so anything in that scale is a pass for me and my wallet. If you love them, good for you--go buy them and make HT some money so they can make more things that I DO like...because they certainly do make A LOT of stuff that I do buy. They also do things that crash and burn hard and I'm not sure if collectors are really clamoring for redone figures in this scale. But I guess if a rival is doing it, you better try it just to be safe.

So the other thing bothering people is the re-releasing of older versions of 1/6 characters, updated with better features? You know toy companies have been doing that for years, right? Why would you want the first version of Snake Eyes when the 2nd version came with his wolf Timber? Doesn't make the 1st Snake Eyes any crappier, just makes the 2nd one cooler. And as far as the whole "loss in an investment complaint"--people lose money in investments ALL THE TIME. If you're playing the game of throwing a couple hundred bucks at a collectible with hopes of tripling your money every time you do it, then you have to know the risk of something not retaining even what you paid for it. Go buy a new car, drive it off the lot--worth half what you paid. I'm not sorry for the person who spent $1200 on a Mark I or Predator Elder because they thought it was that cool or that rare or that special or whatever. I hope you got $1200 worth of joy out of it.

Here's little math problem for the haters--When you need to sell the older, stinky version of your favorite HT figure because you want the newer, sweeter version of it, use the equation:

Take the cost (C) of what the figure was for you to buy after market when the hype was live and subtract the retail price (R) of the item from that number. That is your baller quotient (B). Now subtract the total amount of money made from selling that same item X number of months later. If this number is lower than (C), now subtract how cool it was when you first got it back when you were ballin', represent by an (L) for love. If that number is still < (C), then you're just not good with money. And that's not Hot Toys fault.

I'm thinking I'd keep my older P2s as part of the 'history' of toys of that character. Outside of P1 and P2 though sadly I think I'll have to let go both so as to recoup some money now and also to avoid future expenditure (no point in buying x character in the future since I sold y character of the past etc)

Thats the spirit, keeping the old iterations of your favorite characters. I just feel like I spent too much on aftermarket predators (believing that they would be the ultimate iteration of the characters and wouldn't be revisited) so its especially gut-wrenching to know that there will be cheaper, better ones coming out eventually.

Take the cost (C) of what the figure was for you to buy after market when the hype was live and subtract the retail price (R) of the item from that number. That is your baller quotient (B). Now subtract the total amount of money made from selling that same item X number of months later. If this number is lower than (C), now subtract how cool it was when you first got it back when you were ballin', represent by an (L) for love. If that number is still < (C), then you're just not good with money. And that's not Hot Toys fault.

Haha I like this.

I don't think there was as much crying about this announcement as there has been 'anti-whining' posts! I often notice that on SSF. The reaction to whiners totally overwhelms in quantity the amount of actual whining posts.

I don't think there was as much crying about this announcement as there has been 'anti-whining' posts! I often notice that on SSF. The reaction to whiners totally overwhelms in quantity the amount of actual whining posts.

Yah there is not point to complain anyways, given that it amounts to nothing. For me it has always being: its what it is, and then how each person wants to deal with it. I'm the first to admit that I paid to much aftermarket prices for predators. But I was happy to do so at that time, dishing out the $ to get what I thought would be the ultimate iteration of a character I liked. So now I just have to deal with it.

Anti-whining posts are as annoying as whining posts.

Re: Hot Toys Predator 1/4 scale announcement

wheres my mgs figures?
:goodpost::exactly: after Ironman is another Predator...... Rinse and repeat

I'm happy with my (overpriced) P1 and Berserker, might consider getting
P2 elder in 1/6 if remake it. Another thing, is HT trying to stop us from
bashing our own preds with all the fixed (or glued) accessories ???

Wow.
Amazing news.
Good thing I don't really care for 1/4 scale. I find it too unwieldy and space-consuming.
My NECA Alien and Pred are probably all the 1/4 scale figures I'll have.

Still, looking forward to seeing these things on display, I'm sure they'll be amazing.

Just got Neca 1/4 Masked predator yesterday, have mixed feeling about this news, but definitely get 1/4 Dutch, then will consider P2 and P1 maybe Berserker, it depend on how expensive they are.
Anyway, Neca 1/4 Masked Predator is a beauty in my opinion.

Yah there is not point to complain anyways, given that it amounts to nothing. For me it has always being: its what it is, and then how each person wants to deal with it. I'm the first to admit that I paid to much aftermarket prices for predators. But I was happy to do so at that time, dishing out the $ to get what I thought would be the ultimate iteration of a character I liked. So now I just have to deal with it.

Anti-whining posts are as annoying as whining posts.

My initial reaction was one of exhaustion to be honest. "Really? I thought I was almost done with Predator, I thought I had almost everything I could possibly want - now they're going to pull me in with superior remakes and 1/4 scale versions all over again" Its financially daunting at a time when I should be cutting down, drastically - not buying even more. However, thinking about it, its already created a priority shift in my head that may actually get me more money now and make me spend less in the future. It might not be so bad in terms of money provided I proceed with what I'm thinking right now - selling more figures, cancelling others and sticking only to P1 and P2, the childhood favourites. Predator is heavily diluted now with the third film and the AvPs. P1 and P2 releases should be pretty thin and spread over a more manageable amount of time.

My initial reaction was one of exhaustion to be honest. "Really? I thought I was almost done with Predator, I thought I had almost everything I could possibly want - now they're going to pull me in with superior remakes and 1/4 scale versions all over again" Its financially daunting at a time when I should be cutting down, drastically - not buying even more. However, thinking about it, its already created a priority shift in my head that may actually get me more money now and make me spend less in the future. It might not be so bad in terms of money provided I proceed with what I'm thinking right now - selling more figures, cancelling others and sticking only to P1 and P2, the childhood favourites. Predator is heavily diluted now with the third film and the AvPs. P1 and P2 releases should be pretty thin and spread over a more manageable amount of time.

DO EEEEEEEET!!!!! Youre wallet will thank you...especially in crazy times like these.:exactly:

Great announcement, however...

Since HT is revisiting figures they have already made in the past, they should have a name/category that would classify this new line of predators. For example, "V2.0", "Millennium Edition", "MMS-X Series", or whatever.
This would distinguish the new line as a separate set and quite possibly still give some value to the first releases. This will show that HT still recognizes their first figures as the "original version", if you will, and collectors won't feel cheated.

baller quotient LOL

I agree with a-dev about anti-whining outdoing the whining itself. I noticed that when I first joined. But what else is there here? Whining, anti-whining, "slurping," speculation, trolling, demonstrations of OCD, and the rare conversation between folks able to see multiple sides to the story. Personally, I don't mind any of this (even the trolling :lol ) as long as the posts are reasonably respectful and, preferably, somewhat thought through.

This is great news but they really need to start nailing the likeness on these guys otherwise we will just be getting blown up versions of what we already have.

I think we may see P2 or P2 Elder first. So many Preds to release.:panic:

Back