Hot Toys - Non-Batman, Non-Iron Man Customers Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
THIS IS A PLACE TO AVOID THE CONSTANT SLEW OF HOT TOYS BATMAN AND IRON MAN FIGURES, ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMAKES OF FIGURES - & discuss the figures that HT aren't making from the other licenses they have.

Just when i thought HT would finally get going on showing the Metal Gear Solid, X-Men First Class & Green Lantern Licenses they go and announce more Batman.

I figured with the Iron Man MK 1 2.0 going up for order and the 89 Batmobile due along soon that they'd finally focus their attention on thier backlog, instead they relaunch the Tumbler and announce Batman Returns.

Batman Returns is probably my favourite Batman film, but instead of being able to look at it as something cool that i'm happy to see what they make of, i instead look at it as another Batman announcement that takes production time away from many different licenses wanted by many different customers.

They had to spend time in factories making the Milk War Machine and the Armour Unleashed MK II, and will have to spend time making this new Tumbler and MK 1 2.0... This to me is time and energy they should've been using on licenses promised long ago.

I'm fine with Batman fans getting their figures, and i am a Batman fan myself, but it seems i'm the only one sometimes who stops to think "What about other collectors?"

They will come out with their crap about Batman or Iron Man being HT's Bread & Butter, and say insulting things like without them getting 3 figures HT wouldn't bother making 1 from other less important licenses.

They seem the most selfish of all, within 2 days of Batman 89 going on sale (with most not even getting the figure yet) they were all demanding Batman Returns without a thought for HT collectors waiting over a year for Metal Gear Solid to debut or those waiting for Smooth Criminal to preview, and have got their wish within another two day's.

Alot of the folks on this board will call me a crybaby and say i'm complaining cos i'm not getting what i want, and that is true in a way.

But what Hot Toys Batman and Iron man collectors often fail to realise is that there are OTHER CUSTOMERS out there waiting patiently for their figures, and that wait is getting longer and longer and to a point that i'm at, where everything that isn't an announcement pushes them further away.

If you want:

Tron Legacy: you get the Lightcycle, after more than a year of waiting since it went up for order, and likely no more.
Platoon: Two figures and abandonned.
Sucker Punch: both delayed while Batman (up for order after, arrives first) not much hope for any futher.
X-Men First Class: announced mid last year, still nothing.
Smooth Criminal, announced and still nothing
Metal Gear Solid: announced a year ago and still nothing
Green Lantern: announced mid last year, still nothing.
Expendables: you may get one figure from the new film, if lucky.
Terminator: been waiting for that Battle-Damage T800? get comfy, you'll continue to wait.

Want New Franchises? Even if HT announce them, you'll be lucky to see something from them for 1-2 years after the announcement.

So to summarise... Collectors of these 8 different licenses get nothing at all or nothing new, while collectors of Batman and Iron Man get almost 20 figures and counting.

They may sell better (although i bet 5 figures from 9 licenses would out sell the cashcows as catering to different collectors opens up variety) but if your no longer a fan of Batman or Iron Man, or even a casual fan of them, their isn't much else to choose from, that's money HT isn't getting from licenses they do have!

___

So what overdue announced license or figure(s) are you waiting for that Hot Toys hasn't previewed yet?

THIS IS A PLACE TO AVOID THE CONSTANT SLEW OF HOT TOYS BATMAN AND IRON MAN FIGURES, ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMAKES OF FIGURES - & discuss the figures that HT aren't making from the other licenses they have.

Just when i thought HT would finally get going on showing the Metal Gear Solid, X-Men First Class & Green Lantern Licenses they go and announce more Batman.

I figured with the Iron Man MK 1 2.0 going up for order and the 89 Batmobile due along soon that they'd finally focus their attention on thier backlog, instead they relaunch the Tumbler and announce Batman Returns.

Batman Returns is probably my favourite Batman film, but instead of being able to look at it as something cool that i'm happy to see what they make of, i instead look at it as another Batman announcement that takes production time away from many different licenses wanted by many different customers.

They had to spend time in factories making the Milk War Machine and the Armour Unleashed MK II, and will have to spend time making this new Tumbler and MK 1 2.0... This to me is time and energy they should've been using on licenses promised long ago.

I'm fine with Batman fans getting their figures, and i am a Batman fan myself, but it seems i'm the only one sometimes who stops to think "What about other collectors?"

They will come out with their crap about Batman or Iron Man being HT's Bread & Butter, and say insulting things like without them getting 3 figures HT wouldn't bother making 1 from other less important licenses.

They seem the most selfish of all, within 2 days of Batman 89 going on sale (with most not even getting the figure yet) they were all demanding Batman Returns without a thought for HT collectors waiting over a year for Metal Gear Solid to debut or those waiting for Smooth Criminal to preview, and have got their wish within another two day's.

Alot of the folks on this board will call me a crybaby and say i'm complaining cos i'm not getting what i want, and that is true in a way.

But what Hot Toys Batman and Iron man collectors often fail to realise is that there are OTHER CUSTOMERS out there waiting patiently for their figures, and that wait is getting longer and longer and to a point that i'm at, where everything that isn't an announcement pushes them further away.

If you want:

Tron Legacy: you get the Lightcycle, after more than a year of waiting since it went up for order, and likely no more.
Sucker Punch: both delayed while Batman (up for order after, arrives first) not much hope for any futher.
Terminator: been waiting for that Battle-Damage T800? get comfy, you'll continue to wait.

Want New Franchises? Even if HT announce them, you'll be lucky to see something from them for 1-2 years after the announcement.

So to summarise... Collectors of these 8 different licenses get nothing at all or nothing new, while collectors of Batman and Iron Man get almost 20 figures and counting.

They may sell better (although i bet 5 figures from 9 licenses would out sell the cashcows as catering to different collectors opens up variety) but if your no longer a fan of Batman or Iron Man, or even a casual fan of them, their isn't much else to choose from, that's money HT isn't getting from licenses they do have!

___

So what overdue announced license or figure(s) are you waiting for that Hot Toys hasn't previewed yet?

:lol for creating a thread asking not to discuss Batman and Iron Man and then discussing Batman and Iron Man ad naseum :slap :rotfl

What if you're an Iron Man and Batman fan but are waiting on Pepper Potts or Rachel Dawes? I no Deserve?

Yeah I know... all these Batman figures and no Commissioner Gordon or Ra's al Ghul.

Come on, Hot Toys!:tap

I just want them to make Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil.

They still haven't released anything about Ada Wong. :lol

If you want:

We did get Kevin Flynn from TRON :lol I wanted a Quorra.
Would like to see MGS soon. Agree that is overdue.
Terminator is the other line that has been surprisingly absent.

WHY SO SERIOUS? :lol

picture.php

Howard Chan doesn't care when it's coming out as long as it will come out for the most part. He only cares about swimming in a pile of money and squashing Enterbay so he can monopolize this hobby.

(I'm going to get all the Batman stuff this year, puahahahahaa....)

Howard Chan doesn't care when it's coming out as long as it will come out for the most part. He only cares about swimming in a pile of money and squashing Enterbay so he can monopolize this hobby.

Howard Chan to Hot Toys collectors:

so-long-gay-boys.gif

tumblr_lmkduhSrsA1qlo6e5o1_500.gif

I'm waiting on my Fassbender Magneto proto/teaser!!! And my Sam Flynn on Lightcycle to finally be released!!! :gah:

Other than that I'm good for unreleased/unannounced figures...I think

Oh wait also Ichabod Crane for the Depp line! And hopefully an Edward Scissorhands 2.0 with Johnny Depp likeness :D

I'm waiting on my Fassbender Magneto proto/teaser!!! And my Sam Flynn on Lightcycle to finally be released!!! :gah:

Other than that I'm good for unreleased/unannounced figures...I think

Oh wait also Ichabof Crane for the Depp line!

I can't believe HT still hasn't released the protos for the X:Men FC figs yet...I'm slowly losing interest :(

Whats the chances on twoface 2.0? :D

This is one figure that I've never picked up and always wanted to pick up. I'd be really happy if HT gave this figure proper justice with a 2.0 considering how mediocre the first version was.

I can't believe HT still hasn't released the protos for the X:Men FC figs yet...I'm slowly losing interest :(

I've reay lost interest in multiple figs from that license. My only interest is Magneto now and maybe Emma Frost and that's only b/c Magneto is my favorite Marvel Villain and Emma is is one of my fav Xmen characters.

Whats the chances on twoface 2.0? :D

:rotfl

Slim to none most likely :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back