1/6 Hot Toys - MMS541 - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is tanking due to it being a Spidey variant. So people were on the fence about it already, coupled with the final product being a massive letdown/downgrade in terms of quality, it has inevitably killed any potential interest from people like myself who cannot believe the blatant step back it took from proto to final and therefore cannot justify the purchase.

So I say good on HT for potentially losing money on this release! They deserve it! :lol

Wow, I think it may be time to get the old eyes checked G! :lol Massive quality downgrade??? Outside of the production head looking slightly softer than the prototype, this looks as advertised. Even the eyes looking to the left (which some reviewers have criticized) are exactly as shown in the Deluxe prototype pics. I can understand some people opting out of this one due to budget constraints and/or the glut of other Spidey suit options that are available (not everyone can buy every variant), but saying it's due to a severe drop off in quality from the prototype (IMO) simply doesn't track.

Just cancelled my sideshow pre order and got charged nothing for cancelling. No nrd and the delay might have played a part in that. But couldn't beat the price from toysbuyingagent for $212 shipped!

TW might recoup some money on their shipping charge

This was my first TW order and I don?t understand their shipping. The fastest shipping was the least expensive? And slow shipping was nearly double?

$212 shipped for standard version which arrived yesterday. My only MCU Spidey because as mentioned earlier better range of motion versus all others except homemade suit

Wow, I think it may be time to get the old eyes checked G! :lol Massive quality downgrade??? Outside of the production head looking slightly softer than the prototype, this looks as advertised. Even the eyes looking to the left (which some reviewers have criticized) are exactly as shown in the Deluxe prototype pics. I can understand some people opting out of this one due to budget constraints and/or the glut of other Spidey suit options that are available (not everyone can buy every variant), but saying it's due to a severe drop off in quality from the prototype (IMO) simply doesn't track.

Refer to post #189 from me. I break down the "massive quality downgrade" on this figure and the best part is a lot of people actually agreed with me! :panic:

I believe you stated you were happy with this figure as is, and if you are, more power to you. But in my opinion, the final product was another Chadwick-botch job and I truly believe that plays into this figure not selling well.

I'm still looking forward to this figure, wish I would have waited and got the deluxe for the price I paid for a standard two weeks ago. May pick up a deluxe if the price keeps dropping.

Refer to post #189 from me. I break down the "massive quality downgrade" on this figure and the best part is a lot of people actually agreed with me! :panic:

I believe you stated you were happy with this figure as is, and if you are, more power to you. But in my opinion, the final product was another Chadwick-botch job and I truly believe that plays into this figure not selling well.

I just revisited that post of yours and comparing those photos it's easy to say the figure looks awful, BUT...the lighting is atrocious in the pics you used of the production figure. Yes the head sculpt is definitely softer regardless of lighting, but otherwise I think the figure looks pretty sweet. Check out Jedha Patrol's unboxing video. His lighting is more in line with the prototype pics, and it's no coincidence that the figure looks decidedly better in his review vs. the pics that you posted.

I just revisited that post of yours and comparing those photos it's easy to say the figure looks awful, BUT...the lighting is atrocious in the pics you used of the production figure. Yes the head sculpt is definitely softer regardless of lighting, but otherwise I think the figure looks pretty sweet. Check out Jedha Patrol's unboxing video. His lighting is more in line with the prototype pics, and it's no coincidence that the figure looks decidedly better in his review vs. the pics that you posted.

That may be true. Jedha Patrol has superior production skills (as did the person who created the video I pulled the screencaps from in my prior post), however that doesn't take away from the fact that the final production quality of the suit is much inferior to the proto. The separate pieces of the suit and the straps are all screen printed on to make it look like different material and parts...it comes off cheap...well because it is!

Anyways, there's no changing my mind. I wrote this figure off. No interest in buying it even if it was offered $50 brand spankin' new. Everything about it is just poor execution in my eyes...BUT I do hope you enjoy yours when it arrives...perhaps your granny neighbor might like it too! :hi5:

Thanks guys for posting about the toys Wonderland discount. I saved $70 on it, I preordered before sideshow charged tax. Got it for 258 shipped. I did have a $20 off coupon for sideshow but I have no idea what it would cost for shipping. So I at least save $50 going this way. And I did not get charged anything for canceling with sideshow. Unless they?re going to try and charge me later there was no indication of any charge. Even though there?s some problems with the head still looking forward to this. Plan to keep him with the mask head sculpt anyways. And every time I?ve ordered from Amazon Japan with DHL my items get to meet really really fast so definitely looking forward to this. Very surprised to see I could get this sooner while saving a substantial amount instead of waiting.

Yea that was for the deluxe spiderman figure with their free shipping. Their free shipping was pretty fast last time i ordered a figure, took 8 days from Hong Kong to Southern New Jersey.

Did their free shipping come with tracking or insurance?

That may be true. Jedha Patrol has superior production skills (as did the person who created the video I pulled the screencaps from in my prior post), however that doesn't take away from the fact that the final production quality of the suit is much inferior to the proto. The separate pieces of the suit and the straps are all screen printed on to make it look like different material and parts...it comes off cheap...well because it is!

Anyways, there's no changing my mind. I wrote this figure off. No interest in buying it even if it was offered $50 brand spankin' new. Everything about it is just poor execution in my eyes...BUT I do hope you enjoy yours when it arrives...perhaps your granny neighbor might like it too! :hi5:

Normally I'd agree with that view, but in this case I think one needs to consider that (a) all those straps and buckles would be royal pains to deal with if they were all functional/real (b) buckles of that size would be quite fragile/prone to breaking and (c) HT really seem to have done a nice job making them appear to be functional. Plus they did give him functional/adjustable straps in the one area (the shoulder armor) where it's needed. Ironically, this is a change from the prototype that I think detracts somewhat from his streamlined look, but it seems to have been made to improve articulation so I may come to appreciate it when I have the figure in hand.

Not trying to change your mind, I just don't think this release is the hot mess you're making it out to be. :lol

Normally I'd agree with that view, but in this case I think one needs to consider that (a) all those straps and buckles would be royal pains to deal with if they were all functional/real (b) buckles of that size would be quite fragile/prone to breaking and (c) HT really seem to have done a nice job making them appear to be functional. Plus they did give him functional/adjustable straps in the one area (the shoulder armor) where it's needed. Ironically, this is a change from the prototype that I think detracts somewhat from his streamlined look, but it seems to have been made to improve articulation so I may come to appreciate it when I have the figure in hand.

Not trying to change your mind, I just don't think this release is the hot mess you're making it out to be. :lol

Fair enough...I think we can both agree that the only hot mess here is YOU! :lol

In slideshows email tonight
4c5fe559df4eba60a2829259bbc7edb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I got the regular version from TBA for $157 shipped. It was too good of a deal to pass on. I had previously canceled my PO not because of the changes in the final product, but just that such a plain release didn’t really warrant the $235 (plus taxes and shipping) to me. Again I ordered the regular version though. The deluxe base is nice but I know I won’t use it and it would take up too much space in my display.

Back