1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!
a33c6a5d073992b492a759a3815b0731.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

:exactly: This! This figure looks great - so great in fact I've just gone and pre-ordered one myself! :yess:

Thank you:)! Real pics are TOO valuable when deciding to part with those dollars:horror. Hope you are happy with him - folks who appreciate great detail I think will enjoy.:)

But honestly, since I've had him a couple of days - yep, still feel the same, HT did great:clap. Reminds me of my DS #1, and CW Cap and Wanda in quality. I mean, *often* u could say HT does pretty stellar work anyway.

But sometimes I get a fig and just feel like the production factory or whoever fell over themselves getting it right with Bucky:love. At least the pics I see and having 2 in hand. It's the little things like the very finely detailed hair sculpt that has these messy ends (like real hair would be), careful stitching of multiple pieces of cloth, very clean paint with perfect gloss on arm (not too much or too little), and he just feels strong/sturdy. Even the arm peg has a groove to match the arm plates. He looks amazing from every angle and any light. Perfect expression and effect can change depending on how head is angled.

Just a beautiful fig and it's this fig's fault I FINALLY ordered IW Nat to go with:lol:monkey3. (But, probably just as well, BW is sold out most places it seems, unless I want to go to the 'bay). With Bucky (and like some others like Hela) I know I luv a fig when I don't put them in the cabinet right away and just keep messing with them:lol

Thank you:)! Real pics are TOO valuable when deciding to part with those dollars:horror. Hope you are happy with him - folks who appreciate great detail I think will enjoy.:)

But honestly, since I've had him a couple of days - yep, still feel the same, HT did great:clap. Reminds me of my DS #1, and CW Cap and Wanda in quality. I mean, *often* u could say HT does pretty stellar work anyway.

:exactly: Tbh I'd been deliberating for the last few months as to whether to order him or not, too many figures on order, did I need another Bucky etc etc, but the all the new pics helped me to finally decide to pull the trigger! Glad I did put in a order...all the pre-order allocation slots at my usual retailer are now full it seems so good job I didn't leave it any longer! :)

:exactly: Tbh I'd been deliberating for the last few months as to whether to order him or not, too many figures on order, did I need another Bucky etc etc, but the all the new pics helped me to finally decide to pull the trigger! Glad I did put in a order...all the pre-order allocation slots at my usual retailer are now full it seems so good job I didn't leave it any longer! :)

Yeah, I had JUST felt like I got a handle on things, kind of $$$$$. And I'm worthless where this fig is concerned:lol; as figs go IMO he's awesome quality and for me - Wakanda etc. seems to be the only kind of "natural" MCU setting. Like Bucky and the rest are either urban or cosmic etc. (Also even if the TV series has HT doing Bucky and Falcon - maybe - it's gonna be a good while before production.)

Now I am back on fig PO overload:banghead. But - like BBTS seemed to be the last usual retailer who even HAD IW Natasha, except the 'bay. Most older MCU figs on the 'bay are out of reach for me now, even used. Glad BBTS still had Nastasha in stock at retail.

"Guess what Cap...we lost..."

So the Wakanda battle wasn't much like I thought it was gonna be:pfft: (like I thought it would have been interesting if Cap had gotten temporarily dusted and Bucky was more or less forced to carry on) - but meanwhile since I can do what I want with my figs:nana: and the damaged Stealth Set shield and mask sat in the box all this time...and IMO the shield's colors I think go perfect with this Bucky...

hottoys_bucky_wintersoldier_iw1.jpg

hottoys_bucky_wintersoldier_iw2.jpg

Total cheat getting him to hold the shield involving duck tape and putty...but miss the good 'ol days when HT was putting out those diecast shields like this one:crying

Yeah, I had JUST felt like I got a handle on things, kind of $$$$$. And I'm worthless where this fig is concerned:lol; as figs go IMO he's awesome quality and for me - Wakanda etc. seems to be the only kind of "natural" MCU setting. Like Bucky and the rest are either urban or cosmic etc. (Also even if the TV series has HT doing Bucky and Falcon - maybe - it's gonna be a good while before production.)

Now I am back on fig PO overload:banghead. But - like BBTS seemed to be the last usual retailer who even HAD IW Natasha, except the 'bay. Most older MCU figs on the 'bay are out of reach for me now, even used. Glad BBTS still had Nastasha in stock at retail.

"Guess what Cap...we lost..."

So the Wakanda battle wasn't much like I thought it was gonna be:pfft: (like I thought it would have been interesting if Cap had gotten temporarily dusted and Bucky was more or less forced to carry on) - but meanwhile since I can do what I want with my figs:nana: and the damaged Stealth Set shield and mask sat in the box all this time...and IMO the shield's colors I think go perfect with this Bucky...

View attachment 469282

View attachment 469283

Total cheat getting him to hold the shield involving duck tape and putty...but miss the good 'ol days when HT was putting out those diecast shields like this one:crying

Yeah he is a great looking figure, I can’t wait until mine gets here. He looks great in this pose with the shield!!!

View attachment 469283

:lol Me too!! I have way too many figures on pre-order! :slap This pic is great tho - he looks really good with a shield, I think I have some unused Cap shields so I might do something like this when mine arrives.:)

Wow, great use of that shield...suits Bucky really well!
Yeah he is a great looking figure, I can?t wait until mine gets here. He looks great in this pose with the shield!!!

:lol Me too!! I have way too many figures on pre-order! :slap This pic is great tho - he looks really good with a shield, I think I have some unused Cap shields so I might do something like this when mine arrives.:)

Thank you all!:) IMO effect came out real well, and I hated leaving a nice diecast shield in the box all this time:(. But re the colors and muted look IMO to the *uninitiated* it looks like it came with this Bucky! Plus, IMO, extra shields displayed around Team Cap are always good:cool:. (I've got one of those flaking Avengers shields from the 'bay that I am going to blacken up/scratch at some point, seal, and add to the TWS group - think the shield colors will be more accurate).

Hope all get their figs soon - mail seems to be moving; my BBTS Nat is supposed to roll in Tuesday:yess:. (LOL too many POs - yeah, didn't help when ASMUS kicked into high gear:gandalf; and then I decided I really needed Big Chief's 10th Doctor fig.:monkey3)

BTW, LOL it's 'bashes like this is why the new sculpt will be parted out and sold for quintillion dollars $$$$$:cool:
(Credit: wilian_batista on Insta)
Bucky_WS_Batista_pic.jpg

But if the HT Bucky is too $$$$, Marvel Legends is gonna release:

Bucky_marvel_legends.jpg

Interesting variant!

As cool as that mashup/kitbash looks from wilian_batista, the flesh colored wrist peg just ruins the immersion for me. Regardless, I decided to grab a dupe the other day with a $25 coupon and free shipping for a nice $198! The SAW is easily the nicest one yet I’ve seen from any company which is why I grabbed a loose one off TA as well. I just noticed the dark blueish paint on parts of the barrel because the power got shutdown in California and was using a flashlight. I think my next step will be to weather up the jacket and pants to match his look in IW better.

Hope everyone is enjoying their figure as much being that this is really one of the best from the IW line (which is packed with many amazing figures already).

As cool as that mashup/kitbash looks from wilian_batista, the flesh colored wrist peg just ruins the immersion for me. Regardless, I decided to grab a dupe the other day with a $25 coupon and free shipping for a nice $198! The SAW is easily the nicest one yet I?ve seen from any company which is why I grabbed a loose one off TA as well. I just noticed the dark blueish paint on parts of the barrel because the power got shutdown in California and was using a flashlight. I think my next step will be to weather up the jacket and pants to match his look in IW better.

Hope everyone is enjoying their figure as much being that this is really one of the best from the IW line (which is packed with many amazing figures already).

Yeah, I was always gonna cut up some nylons or stretchy hair ties and make a kind of flexible black cuff for TWS Bucky waaaaay back re the wrist pegs....but never bothered. Like a wide rubber band. I'll get to it one day:monkey3! (Come to think of it, 1/6 scale fig socks could be cut and slipped on - the idea being that he's wearing a black turtleneck, it would just look like the shirt cuff)

That's an awesome deal for this fig, congrats! Totally agree about the SAW - haven't compared it to the CW rifle yet, but it's an amazing piece.:clap I've bought enough 1/6 weapons to know the better ones are $$$$$ Blows my mind they inset lenses into the scope + all the moving parts (if delicate here and there). It's a beast of a weapon:love Makes my cheaper 1/6 weapons look like real *&^%:lol

Take care with all the stuff in CA right now!:(

Yeah, I was always gonna cut up some nylons or stretchy hair ties and make a kind of flexible black cuff for TWS Bucky waaaaay back re the wrist pegs....but never bothered. Like a wide rubber band. I'll get to it one day:monkey3! (Come to think of it, 1/6 scale fig socks could be cut and slipped on - the idea being that he's wearing a black turtleneck, it would just look like the shirt cuff)

That's an awesome deal for this fig, congrats! Totally agree about the SAW - haven't compared it to the CW rifle yet, but it's an amazing piece.:clap I've bought enough 1/6 weapons to know the better ones are $$$$$ Blows my mind they inset lenses into the scope + all the moving parts (if delicate here and there). It's a beast of a weapon:love Makes my cheaper 1/6 weapons look like real *&^%:lol

Take care with all the stuff in CA right now!:(

OMFG, 1/6 socks; that is a crazy great idea!!! I?ve been kitbashing for as long as I have been collecting and never thought of that amazing idea, Thank you! And yeah, as far as weapons go, the IW BB SAW is definitely one of the nicest painted 1/6 rifles I have seen/bought and the dry brushing looks better than the CW BB SAW to my eyes since I noticed the dark blue (the mold looks identical).

Yeah the ?stuff? going on in California is just madness. From the greedy, vengeful electric company to wildfires burning entire towns to corrupt politicians (redundant) to ?forced? migration (Californian residents moving north and east) so companies can acquire mineral rights with year on year droughts and mass gentrification in major cities, and add the fact that the tariffs have majorly hurt the state?s economy, the ?eureka, I?ve found it? state has turned into ?get the **** out? state. It is really sad to see this all happening at once in my lifetime; it used to be one of the nicest, most beautiful, peaceful and fun places in the world (Japan is my favorite).

OMFG, 1/6 socks; that is a crazy great idea!!! I?ve been kitbashing for as long as I have been collecting and never thought of that amazing idea, Thank you! And yeah, as far as weapons go, the IW BB SAW is definitely one of the nicest painted 1/6 rifles I have seen/bought and the dry brushing looks better than the CW BB SAW to my eyes since I noticed the dark blue (the mold looks identical).

Yeah the ?stuff? going on in California is just madness. From the greedy, vengeful electric company to wildfires burning entire towns to corrupt politicians (redundant) to ?forced? migration (Californian residents moving north and east) so companies can acquire mineral rights with year on year droughts and mass gentrification in major cities, and add the fact that the tariffs have majorly hurt the state?s economy, the ?eureka, I?ve found it? state has turned into ?get the **** out? state. It is really sad to see this all happening at once in my lifetime; it used to be one of the nicest, most beautiful, peaceful and fun places in the world (Japan is my favorite).

Welcome! Luv my TWS Bucky but the right arm peg was real noticeable trying to get a 1/6 Barrett rifle into position:gah: - but like women's nylons, scarves, etc. tend to roll up if cut (LOL use to tie plants up vs. string coz string cuts). So figured any stretchy tube fabric would work - maybe even cut the sleeves from a cheap 1/6 nylon T? Or like the stretchy smaller hair ties/bands used for dreadlocks? I'm gonna use nylon fabric to make 1/6 scale long gloves for a planned '40s Rescue Cap dancer, 'coz haven't been able to find long white 1/6 gloves.:gah:

Yeah, I'm east coast and state after state getting ruined with everything from frakking to over-development (like destroying habitat is cheaper than renovating a depressed area); then u get bloated mc-mansions with no yard that cost a fortune and horrendous traffic; filth pouring into rivers and coasts. Luved when I visited north California but knew there'd been a strain on the water supply for years, and peeps building in fire areas. Am sure just insuring a nice collection of figs (if insured) or anything else is high, too.:(

Just hope CA gets a break with the weather soon e.g. winds.:(:pray:

This figure is fantastic, if anyone is still on the fence, they shouldn't be.

ready_for_action_by_drenarrow_ddil2vb-fullview.jpg

Those are some really great tips, Sassafras! The wrist peg on my WS always bothered me, but I never thought about covering the joint. :slap

This figure is fantastic, if anyone is still on the fence, they shouldn't be.

ready_for_action_by_drenarrow_ddil2vb-fullview.jpg

Those are some really great tips, Sassafras! The wrist peg on my WS always bothered me, but I never thought about covering the joint. :slap
Great shot!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back