1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what type of material will be used for the navy blue top?

The official description calls it a "leather-like tactical suit" but it looks like cloth material to me based on the pictures? I hope it's cloth because it will add to this figure's poseability.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what type of material will be used for the navy blue top?

The official description calls it a "leather-like tactical suit" but it looks like cloth material to me based on the pictures? I hope it's cloth because it will add to this figure's poseability.

I hope it's cloth - proto sure looks like cloth and it's movie accurate -

but - as much as I was hyped about this figure, after IW Cap and the *cheapness* with new BP - I really don't trust HT any more. Cap ending up with a kind of plastic textured fabric.

I'll keep my POs but hoping HT gets themselves together. If this wasn't my fav MCU character I'd cancel my POs.:(

I hope it's cloth - proto sure looks like cloth and it's movie accurate -

but - as much as I was hyped about this figure, after IW Cap and the *cheapness* with new BP - I really don't trust HT any more. Cap ending up with a kind of plastic textured fabric.

I'll keep my POs but hoping HT gets themselves together. If this wasn't my fav MCU character I'd cancel my POs.:(

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the video. Based on what I saw, I think it will be cloth. I doubt if HT will go out of its way to use another type of material because cloth seems to make more sense based on the design of the top. With Cap, I figured that they might have difficulty finding the right type of material to reproduce the look in 1/6th scale so they went for a manufactured "fabric".

That being said, all my fingers and toes are crossed. :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the video. Based on what I saw, I think it will be cloth. I doubt if HT will go out of its way to use another type of material because cloth seems to make more sense based on the design of the top. With Cap, I figured that they might have difficulty finding the right type of material to reproduce the look in 1/6th scale so they went for a manufactured "fabric".

That being said, all my fingers and toes are crossed. :)

To be fair - I do think some of that was the look for Cap. The holes showing the scale maille. With cloth kinda hard to do consistently and noticed on the real costume the edges of the holes are kinda ragged too.

Hoping Bucky will be film accurate - e.g. cloth w. leather/pleather shoulder straps. Bucky and Shuri protos got a great response - but HT really needs to come through:pray:, the way they did with Hela (tho IMO she could have used a second sculpt).

To be fair - I do think some of that was the look for Cap. The holes showing the scale maille. With cloth kinda hard to do consistently and noticed on the real costume the edges of the holes are kinda ragged too.

Hoping Bucky will be film accurate - e.g. cloth w. leather/pleather shoulder straps. Bucky and Shuri protos got a great response - but HT really needs to come through:pray:, the way they did with Hela (tho IMO she could have used a second sculpt).

I really like the proto for Bucky but I am still on the fence about placing a preorder. Especially after seeing the production photos of the new Black Panther. I really hope that HT can deliver as close to the proto as possible and I'll be very happy. :pray:

I really like the proto for Bucky but I am still on the fence about placing a preorder. Especially after seeing the production photos of the new Black Panther. I really hope that HT can deliver as close to the proto as possible and I'll be very happy. :pray:

I hope they still to the proto sculpt too. I'm sure they will with the positive response. I shouted on instagram to JC not to change anything about Bucky's sculpt, and he liked the comment, so hopefully he passed that on to the rest of the team :rotfl

I hope they still to the proto sculpt too. I'm sure they will with the positive response. I shouted on instagram to JC not to change anything about Bucky's sculpt, and he liked the comment, so hopefully he passed that on to the rest of the team :rotfl

Sadly I think tho HT needs to hear tho that a price rise combined with some questionable production of really popular characters has been noticed by fans. HT apparently would have issues before I started collecting, but when figs are approaching $300 with shipping the production needs to come through. For that kind of money I might as well get a custom done.

Far as I know HT has never apologized or explained or replaced figs. But think I'll say something to Sideshow and BBTS - they are the ones who have to deal with cancellations.

Sadly I think tho HT needs to hear tho that a price rise combined with some questionable production of really popular characters has been noticed by fans. HT apparently would have issues before I started collecting, but when figs are approaching $300 with shipping the production needs to come through. For that kind of money I might as well get a custom done.

Far as I know HT has never apologized or explained or replaced figs. But think I'll say something to Sideshow and BBTS - they are the ones who have to deal with cancellations.

I don’t think HT should apologize. They don’t owe us anything and they are not forcing us to spend our hard earned money on their products.

Like you mentioned, they are not custom figs. If I don’t like the sculpt, I cancel. If you are unsure about a sculpt, don’t pre-order... wait until you see in-hand reviews.

I fortunately have never had to do it, but I also heard retailers like Sideshow usually replaces defective parts or entire figs for you.

$300 per fig is too much? Find another hobby. I’m not rich nor am I trying to be crass, but we have choices. Stop this “we are entitled to” mentality. We deserve our opinions to be heard so that corrections can be made, but we are not owed anything.

Disclaimer - I don’t work for Hot Toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think HT should apologize. They don’t owe us anything and they are not forcing us to spend our hard earned money on their products.

Like you mentioned, they are not custom figs. If I don’t like the sculpt, I cancel. If you are unsure about a sculpt, don’t pre-order... wait until you see in-hand reviews.

I fortunately have never had to do it, but I also heard retailers like Sideshow usually replaces defective parts or entire figs for you.

$300 per fig is too much? Find another hobby. I’m not rich nor am I trying to be crass, but we have choices. Stop this “we are entitled to” mentality. We deserve our opinions to be heard so that corrections can be made, but we are not owed anything.

Yup, agreed. Hot Toys will respond based on how the market responds. That’s business.

What I'm worried about is the skill of the factory that will be making the Bucky figure. The final product will be highly dependent on the skill of the people working on it unless JC will personally work on the production figures.

Since HT is releasing so many figures, I believe that their best factories are operating at full capacity. I hope that Bucky and Shuri were sent to their best factories so that the production version will be as close as possible to the prototype.

After seeing the BP head sculpt...I'm keeping my expectations low. Lol

Yes, my expectations have been lowered...but I'm still hopeful.

However, if Black Panther 2.0 is the new production quality benchmark and Bucky et al suffer a similar loss in detail and likeness, this hobby and I may part ways.

Yes, my expectations have been lowered...but I'm still hopeful.

However, if Black Panther 2.0 is the new production quality benchmark and Bucky et al suffer a similar loss in detail and likeness, this hobby and I may part ways.

Yeah....I feel the same way. Is a sign...time to get out. I've been telling myself that the last year or so. :lol

Can understand your point of view but -
1) IMO it's bad business for any primarily online retailer to solicit orders with a view of a product - even at shows - and then replace with a lesser product. So that's not feeling entitled. That's expecting a reasonable facsimile of the sample presented to you. If I purchase an IM who is supposed to light up and he doesn't, then I didn't get what I paid for.

If I pre-order based on a given sculpt and paint job, then that's what I should receive - a production piece where every effort has been made to match the prototype. Especially from a company whose own description is:

Masterfully crafted based on the portrayal of Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes in the movie, the movie-accurate collectible figure features a newly developed head with striking likeness, a finely tailored tactic suit...

E.g. I certainly feel I'm owed a pretty good copy of the sample I based my purchase on. It's not like HT has a disclaimer "BTW, we reserve the right to change the sculpt at the last minute for no reason whatsoever, deliver flat amateur paint jobs, cheap wiring, dyes that stain, and too bad if you can't pose your Spiderman without permanent creases and Gamora's arms rip open, 'coz we own the 1/6 Marvel and DC licenses:moon, and you'll take what we put out and like it, u peasants.:pfft:"

2) For myself, it's probable I am shifting gears re the hobby. Partly as the MCU shifts, but also I keep my figs, except for an emergency. I know they were never developed to last - I think someone estimated a probable 10-year lifespan for an HT fig, depending. For myself tho except for the occasional *spectacular* piece (like the DX Jack Sparrow) IMO $300 is getting too high for the return and the kind of materials HT uses.

There are already companies that do as good or better with costumes. HT among other things is known for its paint and eye work - unbeatable at their best for production work. If that production work is being cut back (like the seam in IW Cap head) then yeah, I'm gonna re-think things.

Nothing to get excited about - wow, the wait for figs is so long folks probably forgot about IW Bucky and Shuri...

But noticed my first Bucky PO pymnt is due in May, so I hope for these both am not waiting way into fall for them.

And also hope that HT has heard the rumblings about sculpts. Hope it's not to the point where I might as well double the cost of any HT with a portrait, 'coz I won't be happy without a custom anyway. But I know HT can do great when they want to.

Nothing to get excited about - wow, the wait for figs is so long folks probably forgot about IW Bucky and Shuri...

But noticed my first Bucky PO pymnt is due in May, so I hope for these both am not waiting way into fall for them.

And also hope that HT has heard the rumblings about sculpts. Hope it's not to the point where I might as well double the cost of any HT with a portrait, 'coz I won't be happy without a custom anyway. But I know HT can do great when they want to.

Look at you, a big risk taker! Hopefully HT doesn't botch the head sculpt for this one. I would refer to pick this one up...but if they end up Chadwick Bosing the situation at least the plus side is I'll save some money.

I think the head sculpt will come out good, hoping better than civil war. Think it could have been better so when this one came out for pre-order had to get it and like the outfit more on this one. If we get rocket in comic/endgame outfit they will kinda match.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Look at you, a big risk taker! Hopefully HT doesn't botch the head sculpt for this one. I would refer to pick this one up...but if they end up Chadwick Bosing the situation at least the plus side is I'll save some money.

*Glumly* I know:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2. I figure at least I'll have the arm and outfit. And I've got some spare CW heads so guess I will have to learn "good" customizing/retouching.

All I can think of is "blob" production e.g. blobby nose, pedestrian paint. If it weren't my fav MCU character I'd cancel. But who knows what EG will do, which of the dusted will return, what HT will make. A real shame 'coz that proto is so stellar. It'd be nice to think since Bucky and Shuri don't come with all that much, HT would outdo itself w. sculpt and costume.:dunno

Maybe SSC and other retailers have complained to HT re cancellations and returns - I hope so.

I’m curious to see how the dusted arm on this figure will look. Wouldn’t mind getting this Bucky sort of.

Back