1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well maybe it's because (to paraphrase Korg) he had a pretty intimate and special relationship with that blade and losing it would be comparable to losing a loved one. :lol

:lol:lol:lol

Well, Bucky does successfully hold off an Outrider with it, so he prob. REALLY loved it after that - it all totally makes sense now:cool: (even if how Thor and Rocket and Eitri were talking to each other in space without earpieces still doesn't but guess that was a tribute to Josh Whedon or just quantum or people really shouldn't bring stuff like that up:monkey3...)

Is be right there with you. Rooted hair on Hot Toys is nothing but an expensive Barbie doll imo.

Can't wait for the first good rooted Bucky customs:monkey3. I like rooted hair done right. ASMUS' Gimli outstanding job; CW Natasha. HT does beautifully sculpted hair but some first class work out there with rooted hair.

Bucky_custom_twitter.jpg

Edit: and will just leave this here because of the great, zoomed in shots of the prototype. Holy **** Hot Toys don't mess this up in production...

Can anyone remind me why we would want a screaming head sculpt? I don’t remember that part in the movie.

Probably not in the movie, but in the trailer/promo.

960ab179c2b04ecc2213c38e511daa9c.jpg

Or would you rather have this? [emoji23]

6a490863039d6bc80a42659cf5e141fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel ya! Yeah I collect the “popular releases” myself but definitely appreciate when they branch out into different IP. Not into Pooh and Piglet though :lol

Besides, once A4 is over and Stark dies/retires, HT is going to have to branch out to fill the “Iron Man void”. Obviously Star Wars merchandise isn’t selling for **** anymore. I wonder how they’ll keep going without their cash cow!

Im sure HT will continue milking concept art armors for yrs to come lol

The reason I want a angry / screaming sculpt is because I want him to stand out from my other 2 Bucky Barnes figures . This figure is literally only going to look good in 1 or 2 poses just like it’s twin civil war version with the same exact gun .

Thinking about where to order this guy... any shops that ship internationally right after HK release aside from Timecent?

Can someone with photo shop skills recolor this figures hair and beard brown?

Couple of fast jobs. Zoomed into the HT proto shot, tho, there's already a mix of brown and black. For myself I may or may not worry about trying to match camera filters and/or lighting during filming or whatever a director might do w. light levels etc. later. Far as I can tell Bucky is a very dark brunette e.g. has some red tones in the hair in sunlight, but often looks black-haired (yeah, had to study, 'coz have a planned re-hair job one day:horror).

Also HT proto shots are studio lighting and all that. Guess *eventually* u could do a dilute wash w. reds/browns on the HT if u wanted to. In theory bein' in Wakanda/lots of sun Bucky's hair might get sun-bleached too.

marvel-avengers-infinity-war-bucky-barnes-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903795-011.jpg

boosted/adjusted light/dark levels:

IW_bucky_xtra_light.jpg

quick adjustment red/yellow/black channels - hair only:

IW_bucky_xtra_dk_brunette.jpg

IMO looks good - but for me not a painter - I'd have no idea how to re-tone hair and not have it look exactly like someone who didn't know what they were doing.:slap

Back