Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to get my concept iron man a week before he was waitlisted and came with a little bit of a scratch on the head. Contacted sideshow and they sent out a replacement super fast. Didn't even make me send the other back which was what I thought they would do. I never had to contact them for a figure that had flaws in over 31 figures received, so was curious to see how fast they did parts requests, especially from reading on this forum that many people had long drawn out experiences with them. Glad to see my own experience wasn't the case. Anyway here's a pick of my old vs replacement which is perfect
cim.jpg

Was able to get my concept iron man a week before he was waitlisted and came with a little bit of a scratch on the head. Contacted sideshow and they sent out a replacement super fast. Didn't even make me send the other back which was what I thought they would do. I never had to contact them for a figure that had flaws in over 31 figures received, so was curious to see how fast they did parts requests, especially from reading on this forum that many people had long drawn out experiences with them. Glad to see my own experience wasn't the case. Anyway here's a pick of my old vs replacement which is perfect
View attachment 460344

That's great! Kinda jealous they didn't ask you to destroy the old one xD Now you have an extra accessory helmet for Tony to hold and can even battle-damage it! Mine is the whole torso so it doesn't really make a good accessory :rotfl and it's now in pieces.

Yea I know right daverb82. My father in law had a badly damaged mark 2 diecast faceplate and they sent him another whole head, so I was optimistic sideshow would do that for me and they did. Even though i could live with the marks on my faceplate, I wanted to see if they would just ship another or have me mail them mine, wouldnt have mined being such a small piece anyway. I would love to battle damage it but I have this helmet, the mark 4 secret project helmet, and war machine mark 1 helmet on a tripod acrylic display in front of some figs in my detolf. I really like displaying accessories of figures lol.

A while back when the PF pinhead came out I had an issue with the "head" and they sent me a new one without making me destroy the original head. I wonder if there's some sort of policy in place that makes them decided on when a person needs to destroy something.

the Mk46 is one smexy suit and this color scheme enhanced it even more for me. everytime i look at mine, i do a double take admiring it. not sure it would have the same effect had i gotten the civil war version. homecoming mk47 probably would make me do double take as well.

Guy had a quick question about the torso. Is it supposed to be like that? Huge gaps in the torso. I can reduce it by moving the torso forwards but just want to make sure it's normal. Nwas not like that with the Ultron Iron man.

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

looks just about normal. if you have him in a neutral upright position, his front doesn't show any gap except the corner where the abs LED are. back will have more gap like your last pic even standing straight. that moving flap in the center of the chest below the arc reactor is supposed to swing back and forth to mitigate the gap when you bend the upper torso backwards.

looks just about normal. if you have him in a neutral upright position, his front doesn't show any gap except the corner where the abs LED are. back will have more gap like your last pic even standing straight. that moving flap in the center of the chest below the arc reactor is supposed to swing back and forth to mitigate the gap when you bend the upper torso backwards.

Thanks for the reassurance. I thought it was normal. Just different from the infinity war version in terms of gaps haha. Will make do. A beautiful piece.

Thanks for the reassurance. I thought it was normal. Just different from the infinity war version in terms of gaps haha. Will make do. A beautiful piece.

no problem :hi5: hope my description wasn't too confusing. was already late and about to crawl to bed when i replied lol

Hello guys. I need some advice.
Has any of you ever tried replacing the LEDs on the wristpegs of this diecast ironmen? I've come home tonight to see that one of the repulsors has gone off, and it looks like the LED has blown off.

Is there any way I can replace this LED myself, or should I forget about it and... dunno... stay in bed for a week? D:

I'd say forget about it. My Shades's repulsor was dead out of the box. Bugged me at first but after a while I didn't care cos I just don't find myself having the need to fiddle with the lights too much after the first time. Now I can't even remember which hand it was.

These figures don't come apart easily, it varies but there is often glue along with the screws so you can risk damage by forcing things apart.

Also, odds are the soldering has broken, not the led burning out (if that's what you mean by "blown off"). If it is the actual bulb its a bit harder as it is buried inside the wrist peg with glue. The soldering could be touched up if you have the willingness and equipment

This is an arm off Starboost, Sideshow replaced it as the repulsor was out so I took the old one apart. It had screws and glue.

t0QSszj.jpg

The bulb is in there
LimDcsq.jpg

With some needlenose pliers and the willingness to break it I could pull the bulb out, it had some glue but not a ton
8jw82mu.jpg

The reason this one didn't work is clear, the solder failed. The peg can jostle when removing the hands, so I imagine these breaks can happen pretty easily
WJPX32c.jpg

You can see the glue residue on the sides. The issue I've found with these figures is the amount of glue can vary wildly, even in the same figure. I took apart a broken WM4 torso and one part covering the screws on one side popped off cleanly and the other side ripped the plastic in half, it was covered in glue. If that was my only part a routine disassembly can lead to a completely ruined figure
Gm88iXQ.jpg

So if you're lucky it might be fixable, but it could also lead to worse damage

These figures don't come apart easily, it varies but there is often glue along with the screws so you can risk damage by forcing things apart.

Also, odds are the soldering has broken, not the led burning out (if that's what you mean by "blown off"). If it is the actual bulb its a bit harder as it is buried inside the wrist peg with glue. The soldering could be touched up if you have the willingness and equipment

This is an arm off Starboost, Sideshow replaced it as the repulsor was out so I took the old one apart. It had screws and glue.

t0QSszj.jpg

The bulb is in there
LimDcsq.jpg

With some needlenose pliers and the willingness to break it I could pull the bulb out, it had some glue but not a ton
8jw82mu.jpg

The reason this one didn't work is clear, the solder failed. The peg can jostle when removing the hands, so I imagine these breaks can happen pretty easily
WJPX32c.jpg

You can see the glue residue on the sides. The issue I've found with these figures is the amount of glue can vary wildly, even in the same figure. I took apart a broken WM4 torso and one part covering the screws on one side popped off cleanly and the other side ripped the plastic in half, it was covered in glue. If that was my only part a routine disassembly can lead to a completely ruined figure
Gm88iXQ.jpg

So if you're lucky it might be fixable, but it could also lead to worse damage

Thank you very much for all the information and for the pictures.
The thing is that I have all the ironmen wired, and I'm afraid there's has been some kind of malfunction of the DC adapter. I keep it at 3V so I don't over power each light source, but who knows. If i'm going to resign and have it as it is now, I'll notice it as soon as I lay my eyes in the figure, being that hand the only one not lighted up.
This is just me guessing, as I still have to open the battery compartment and see if there's any problem with the wired 'battery' or something, but I honestly don't think so. If it is what I think it might be, It will be for sure the led being burned out, and now I'm pretty worried to know that I might end up with a broken arm too if i ever decide to open it up.
I have the skills to do the led replacement by myself, but I've never opened this type of figures before. I'll have a quick try tonight and see how I feel with the whole thing, but I know for sure that it would be a real headache if I keep it like this from now on. You know... OCD at it's best.
Thanks again!

Good luck, best advice is to go slow and not force anything until you're very sure there are no other screws or any fasteners that you may break, they're good at hiding them. A good tool to have is a spudger, plastic ones that can help lever things apart without as much damage as something metal would do. Sometimes heat can help if you have a hair dryer

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Spudger/IF145-002?o=4

Thank you very much for all the information and for the pictures.
The thing is that I have all the ironmen wired, and I'm afraid there's has been some kind of malfunction of the DC adapter. I keep it at 3V so I don't over power each light source, but who knows. If i'm going to resign and have it as it is now, I'll notice it as soon as I lay my eyes in the figure, being that hand the only one not lighted up.
This is just me guessing, as I still have to open the battery compartment and see if there's any problem with the wired 'battery' or something, but I honestly don't think so. If it is what I think it might be, It will be for sure the led being burned out, and now I'm pretty worried to know that I might end up with a broken arm too if i ever decide to open it up.
I have the skills to do the led replacement by myself, but I've never opened this type of figures before. I'll have a quick try tonight and see how I feel with the whole thing, but I know for sure that it would be a real headache if I keep it like this from now on. You know... OCD at it's best.
Thanks again!

I don't know if you got around to opening the arm up or not, but if you haven't, I can give you a couple of pointers as I've recently had to work on my MK XLVI . I also have mine wired, but with a 4.5v adapter. It worked fine for all of the lights except the hands. Both sides died within a day. Because you have the concept version, I'm assuming that the layout is the same.

Once you have the forearm cover off, you should see 4 screws holding the battery compartment in place. Remove them and gently pry up from the forearm end because the end by the wrist is glued to the cuff. Just a little bit of pressure and it should separate so you can see the wiring.

There are 3 red wires on 1 end and 1 black wire and resistor on the other end. There are 2 more black wires soldered to the other end of the resistor which go to the lights in the forearm and bicep leaving the one in the hand unprotected. This is what caused my problem, so I added another resistor just for the hand and replaced the LED. You may have to do this as well, but because you are using 3v adapter, it may just be a broken connection or bad LED.

One other thing. Try to leave the hinged elbow cover in place because it has a tiny spring that is pain to get back on if it comes off.

Good luck

Back