1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

That is brutal. Here, they exclude shipping cost.
On the other hand, Jammyj told the item is shipped and DHL charged 84£. Is it only shipment or shipment + customs?

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

So now that they're finally shipping, maybe we can start talking about Mustafar base ideas! ;)

That is brutal. Here, they exclude shipping cost.
On the other hand, Jammyj told the item is shipped and DHL charged 84£. Is it only shipment or shipment + customs?

Only the customs charge. 84 quid
SS shipping cost $40

I'm in Germany and I ordered a figure from SS "once". Never again.

Newb mistake. [emoji16]

In Europe there's only 2 real options.

1). From China with low cost marked below the customs threshold
or
2). from within Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The import cost should be around £40 - £50 tops...what does not help is Sideshow have appeared to over inflate their shipping costs which in turns puts up the import charges.

I have been advised that Sideshow pay around £15 to send this figure to me in the UK...they have gone and charged me £31 which is not really very fair.

DHL make a lot of mistakes with import charges so do dispute it if you are unsure.

Thanks to everyone for the info/advice. Seems it wasn’t DHL who messed up this time though! Just emailed them to explain the situation and got a reply back saying the import fees are £72 because the shippers have valued the shipment at $404!!! They told me to contact them so that they can raise an invoice for the correct amount (maximum should be $275 inc shipping), so I've just emailed Sideshow. Hopefully this can be sorted!

Shipped and charged a whopping £84 from DHL shipping cost to the UK.
Usually get charged £50 from SS.

Gutted with the cost but happy I'll have it soon.

You should email DHL, I just have and they told me Sideshow had valued my shipment at $404, hence the high import cost!

Finally got tracking on mine tonight (well updated via the website). The week long wait from CA to NC sucks! Excited none the less though. Got the baby luke version even though I'll probably never use it lol...

It says mine will get here to me by Tuesday. Cool can’t wait

You should email DHL, I just have and they told me Sideshow had valued my shipment at $404, hence the high import cost!

Emailed both SS and DHL last night. Will see what happens.

So now that they're finally shipping, maybe we can start talking about Mustafar base ideas! ;)

I have a waterfall feature that looks like rocks but I am sure with some red lighting it could pass for some of Mustafar. Vader.jpg

Is it just shipping or does it include customs? If simply shipping, it's damn expensive.

Yea I haven't ordered anything from SS this year, they are now collecting the Import tax and GST on behalf of the Australian Govt. A typical Hot Toys piece now costs me an extra $80. Not worth it, I just use a local distributer now.

Finally shipped last night. Will get to me next Wednesday. I doubt I'll be home. Do they really require a signature, or do they just leave it? This is actually my first shipped order from SS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Finally shipped last night. Will get to me next Wednesday. I doubt I'll be home. Do they really require a signature, or do they just leave it? This is actually my first shipped order from SS.

Should require a signature unless driver ignores it

just set up an account with the shipper and redirect it to their store nearest you and P.U. there at your leisure.
Easiest and safest way I think.

You can put in for signature waiver. I always struggled with the signature. For a while I had them delivered at work but now I have a house.

Was able to fix it and it's going to a UPS store now. Thanks!

Just picked mine up. SS OB1 looks a little worried.
bc85ae5f671d7f3eec4817815efa39ad.jpg

Which one's the Hot Toys?

I still have the Sideshow too. If I have enough space I'll probably put the hood up and pose him in a side profile cradling baby Luke :lol

Looks good! What’s your thoughts on it given the initial production photo hysteria ?

Looks good! What’s your thoughts on it given the initial production photo hysteria ?

I like it. But to be honest I’m a bit underwhelmed for some reason. I haven’t had time yet to really dissect why.

Back