1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Which one's the Hot Toys?

Same question I was gonna ask. :lol

I’m only jesting though of course. However, I do have to say that for roughly every one good picture I’ve seen where this figure looks good, I’ve seen about three or four where it just looks very generic and underwhelming in the photo.

It’s a shame too because this was the only other PT figure I wanted. At this point, I’d only be getting him simply to pair with Anakin; not because I actually like the figure itself. Anakin can stand on his own though, so at the moment, plans to get this figure have been scrapped.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

In preparation for the HT Obi, I boxed up my SS and threw it in the closet lol. I'm so ready to have the HT pair together. FINALLY.

And to people saying it looks generic, please behold the picture below. He looks absolutely stunning. Will have mine in a week!
13ae6e5b039db7228413676d29359a58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^
that was sick!

This Kenobi and the Anakin sculpts have become some of my favorites from HT. So much hype. I'm also really excited for the tailoring of the outfit. SS was pretty inaccurate. I had to keep him in robes the entire time I've had him.

Mine gets here Wednesday and I very jazzed about it, very excited to get him on the shelf next to Anakin.

Obiwan with upcoming new R2-D2 together with Anakin will make perfect display :yess:

Same question I was gonna ask. :lol

I’m only jesting though of course. However, I do have to say that for roughly every one good picture I’ve seen where this figure looks good, I’ve seen about three or four where it just looks very generic and underwhelming in the photo.

It’s a shame too because this was the only other PT figure I wanted. At this point, I’d only be getting him simply to pair with Anakin; not because I actually like the figure itself. Anakin can stand on his own though, so at the moment, plans to get this figure have been scrapped.

My impression as well. Based on the majority of pics I've seen this could be one very bland and generic looking figure on display, and I'd almost rather put that money toward something like the Patrol Trooper instead.

In preparation for the HT Obi, I boxed up my SS and threw it in the closet lol. I'm so ready to have the HT pair together. FINALLY.

And to people saying it looks generic, please behold the picture below. He looks absolutely stunning. Will have mine in a week!

I'm really hoping it does look this good in hand (and not just in closeup), and it just ends up being one of those figures like the Emperor or ROTJ Luke that's really hard to photograph well.

Who's picture is this? Did Marf take that?

My impression as well. Based on the majority of pics I've seen this could be one very bland and generic looking figure on display, and I'd almost rather put that money toward something like the Patrol Trooper instead.

I'm really hoping it does look this good in hand (and not just in closeup), and it just ends up being one of those figures like the Emperor or ROTJ Luke that's really hard to photograph well.

It does look this good in hand.

Is the deluxe worth picking up? I was thinking of ordering obi and contemplating if I should just buy the regular version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the deluxe worth picking up? I was thinking of ordering obi and contemplating if I should just buy the regular version

I went with the Regular - I doubt I'd ever display the holo table or peanut baby.

That's a question of personal opinion. If you think you could use the generic looking baby Luke, or the hologram table, then sure, its worth it. If neither of those extras interest you, then no, its not worth it. Id think only your own personal view on those can decide if the deluxe is worth it. It's no secret what makes up both releases. Go to the sideshow page, look at the comparisons, then decide for yourself which one you want. Ill never understand people asking strangers to make up their minds for them when dealing with "should I buy "x" or "y"?

For the record, i did pick up the deluxe. Dont care at all for the baby Luke part, but felt the hologram table was cool enough to justify the purchase.

That's a question of personal opinion. If you think you could use the generic looking baby Luke, or the hologram table, then sure, its worth it. If neither of those extras interest you, then no, its not worth it. Id think only your own personal view on those can decide if the deluxe is worth it. It's no secret what makes up both releases. Go to the sideshow page, look at the comparisons, then decide for yourself which one you want. Ill never understand people asking strangers to make up their minds for them when dealing with "should I buy "x" or "y"?

For the record, i did pick up the deluxe. Dont care at all for the baby Luke part, but felt the hologram table was cool enough to justify the purchase.

Perfect answer award goes to you !!

Thanks for the feedback, I was leaning towards towards the original. Just wanted to hear opinions

Perfect answer award goes to you !!

Im honestly not trying to sound like a smart aleck, i simply dont see how someone else can decide for someone if any purchase is "worth it". If the purchaser feels they got something enjoyable for the dollars they spent, its worth it. If not, then its not worth it. A stranger telling someone yes or no cant really accomplish that. If 75 people tell me its "worth it" and I get it, and dislike it based on how much I spent, is it still "worth it" then?

Wow, that looks fantastic! :yess:

Im honestly not trying to sound like a smart aleck, i simply dont see how someone else can decide for someone if any purchase is "worth it". If the purchaser feels they got something enjoyable for the dollars they spent, its worth it. If not, then its not worth it. A stranger telling someone yes or no cant teally accomplish that. If 75 people tell me its "worth it" and I get it, and dislike it based on how much I spent, is it still "worth it" then?

I was being sincere. It was a damn good reply. [emoji106]

My Deluxe arrives Wednesday. I thought the table was a nice bonus, so for me, it’s worth it. Plus, I can’t wait for friends to come over, look at the hologram setup, and ask why anakin is performing favors for Sidious.

Back