1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Mine has shipped, a piece long missing from my collection will finally be in hand...yep Baby Luke is finally arriving! :monkey3

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I was somehow under the impression I had this preordered at BBTS, I do not lol. I guess I can wait and see a little bit I think.

Next Wednesday for me. Takes forever to reach MN from Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Wednesday for me. Takes forever to reach MN from Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuesday for me, also the Midwest. I swear Sideshow gouges on shipping so they can pay UPS extra to deliver their packages slower.

Mine comes tomorrow. :panic:

I’m from the UK and mine was shipped today and due on Friday!! However, just got a text from DHL saying I have to pay a waybill of £72?!?!!! Any one else from the UK get the same thing? That can’t be right

I’m from the UK and mine was shipped today and due on Friday!! However, just got a text from DHL saying I have to pay a waybill of £72?!?!!! Any one else from the UK get the same thing? That can’t be right
That's rough. Where did you order it from?? I always get mine from UK stores to cut out the misery of an unexpected customs fee!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Who did you order it from? I use KG Hobby and post was around £29 through Hong Kong Mail. Then delivered by Royal Mail here and never had additional charges.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't know UK, but DHL Germany have charged 53 Euros. DHL Turkey only collects customs fee. It depends on countries I think.

My last purchase from SS was €185 shipped to Germany and I had to pay DHL €55.
So, if you ordered the Deluxe with a value €290 (€250 + €40 shipping): yes it could be.

That's why I don't order from SS anymore.

I ordered from Sideshow, standard version. Used some Reward Points and discount code too!! 😡 Also didn’t realise shipping would be $40 at the time. Think they work our import fees on the total value of the item including shipping! Will definitely be the last time I order from them.

That sounds expensive for a standard figure. For me a SSC shipped DHL Waybill (UK) is usually £50-£55 for a 'normal' figure and around £70-£75 for, say, an Iron Man figure.

The import cost should be around £40 - £50 tops...what does not help is Sideshow have appeared to over inflate their shipping costs which in turns puts up the import charges.

I have been advised that Sideshow pay around £15 to send this figure to me in the UK...they have gone and charged me £31 which is not really very fair.

DHL make a lot of mistakes with import charges so do dispute it if you are unsure.

So i was Hoping if someone could explain why i cant cancel hot toys figures at BBTS. there is no option, unlike any other order i make there. is there some policy they have with hot toys figures?
You can cancel them. Go on your account, click an order, and go to edit details. There is a little drop box that says quantity to cancel that is set to 0, change it to one and click next step, then send it all through.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Some countries don't take shipping charges into account when calculating customs fee. And even so, some officials calculate through whole cost which one should file a ticket.
And lastly, some companies (BBTS) may not show discounts in the final invoice which they put in the box.

You can cancel them. Go on your account, click an order, and go to edit details. There is a little drop box that says quantity to cancel that is set to 0, change it to one and click next step, then send it all through.

If he paid an NRD, he has to call them to cancel. They don't let you cancel an NRD order online.

OT: mine still says label created. I'm sure it will update later today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If he paid an NRD, he has to call them to cancel. They don't let you cancel an NRD order online.

OT: mine still says label created. I'm sure it will update later today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ahhhhhh, noted. Usually if I have to pay an NRD, I just order from SSC, so I didn't know~~~

Shipped and charged a whopping £84 from DHL shipping cost to the UK.
Usually get charged £50 from SS.

Gutted with the cost but happy I'll have it soon.

Is it just shipping or does it include customs? If simply shipping, it's damn expensive.

In Germany the customs are based on the item price + shipping costs.

Even more, if the item was free shipping, they add standard shipping costs on top of the item price by themselves and calculate the customs then :mad::slap:gah:

Back