1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

s4Tj8Vk.jpg

I dunno. The baby looks a lot like Tom Cruise. Another blown Hamill sculpt. Thanks Hot Toys :gah:

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Okay, own up - who's gonna display it with the baby?

I definitely would! but I should probably stay away from Prequel figures... only have Jango and the new SSC Maul. But who am I kidding?

I always though the "hence forth you are known as Vader" scene was super lame and cheesy. I'm actually digging the baby more. It was a far better scene, the music, the twin sun's, Lars homestead was the closet call back to the originals in the whole trilogy. However my episode IV obi wan is in the already in a reserved pose. These prequel Jedi unlike mostly anyone else in star wars are gonna be in dynamic poses.

Daaaaaamn. Getting sucked into prequel vortex....

Deluxe for me

I’ll let Padme hold her baby Luke when she revealed :)

SS: Check out our Mythos Obi Wan and new Jedi Luke! (smirks)
HT: Check our E3 Obi Wan- and oh yeah, that Jedi Luke guy. (Rolls eyes)

Baby Luke and holograms are pretty cool accessories. For those collectors trying to have every iteration of Luke, this will have to be a must-have... :wink1:

Baby Luke and holograms are pretty cool accessories. For those collectors trying to have every iteration of Luke, this will have to be a must-have... :wink1:

I'm going to pose TFA Jedi Master Luke holding up Baby Luke. It'll be just like 2001! :panic: Or something.

Finally! Sooo glad I didn't go the custom figure route no matter how tempted I was. Will be great to have ROTS Anakin and Obi-wan on the shelf again

Daaaaaamn. Getting sucked into prequel vortex....
same! I can already feel it happening

Not a fan of the prequels or ewan i am a feminist mcgregor, but hot holy damn.

I'm going to pose TFA Jedi Master Luke holding up Baby Luke. It'll be just like 2001! :panic: Or something.
84ef9aedb48ec45fd2584b106cbf3020.gif

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I am so excited for this, absolutely ordering the Deluxe. I love having the Deluxe version of something because having extra Hot Toys stuff gives me a warm and fuzzy lol

Looks great! I agree he looks a bit too puffy with all the layers of clothing. ROTS Obi Wan is the only prequel figure I kept after selling off my other SS prequel figures because I liked how Ewan played the character.

That said, I'll be skipping this. I'm steering clear of any prequel stuff and sticking to OT and sequels.

Who gonna do these customs? Now that the hard work is already done for you?;)
5fa61c2024fce5b2edb70c5d8d08fc5b.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I love the head. some of the accessories but I don't need that creepy AF baby.

Agreed on him looking a bit obese in his robes. Much like the Jedi Luke. I'm happy to replace the head on my existing custom. I like Inigo's effort but prefer there HT if even he looks a little flustered and confused.

I think the effort from Chris here has the outfit looking a lot better than Hot Toys efforts.

If I did not have this though I'd likely be satisfied enough with the HR effort. and obviously it's a great addition for those who don't want to justify the fudage for the custom route.

Theres a lot of room for PT figures if you ask me. I personally think figures from ROTS are a lot more "acceptable" than figures from TLJ to buy as a SW fan but that's just me.

Finally! Sooo glad I didn't go the custom figure route no matter how tempted I was. Will be great to have ROTS Anakin and Obi-wan on the shelf again

same! I can already feel it happening

I was *this close* to buying a custom Obi Wan head on eBay for $200. Glad I waited.

Back